The END of Qantas Frequent Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs down The END of Qantas Frequent Flyer

The end of Qantas?

So-so-so much bad, and not much good.

If its not the Unions going to kill it (I support the people [to a point] but chopping off the hand that feeds you!), then its the ill considered management decisions on how to "look after" its premium members.

Surely Qantas must realise that they have to do something dramatice very soon to placate their top tier members, else we will really be taking advantage of the Virgin offer we all took up, and it will be too late.

And... by top members I mean Platinum's, and not forgetting Gold's. This idea of downgrading Platinum's by giving half of the existing perks to P1's stinks.

Come on Qantas - you need to do better.

B.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:15 pm

Xxxxx

Last edited by jiggyjig; Nov 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
So having already shifted my premium international travel to whoever has the cheapest flat bed my last shift has been domestic travel. This has been pretty easy so far. At the moment I can buy a premium fare on DJ through AMEX for the same price as flexi Y. The whole DJ experience so far has been pretty good and my only two observations are; the food on DJ is rubbish. It would be nice to at least be able to get a bowl of cereal for breakfast and something more substantial than a sandwich for dinner, and when finishing meetings early you notice the lack of flights MEL-SYD every 15 minutes and the ability to get on a new flight home. That's it. Yes the Dom J QF lounges are nicer and less crowded than the DJ lounges and yes the food on QF is better during meal times but faced with the choice of paying for Y and flying in Y or paying for Y and flying in Y+ or J the choice is easy (and made easier by currently getting double SC on DJ).

Oh and yes DJ Gold and Platinum can use SQ lounges when flying SQ but no FF or SC are earned at this time.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by nonce

Oh and yes DJ Gold and Platinum can use SQ lounges when flying SQ but no FF or SC are earned at this time.
When that kicks in (hopefully) the flood gates will open - an A380 with better seats along with just about everything else, it's a very tempting proposition.

Not to mentioned the far better connection options once you hit SIN.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:30 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by amaroo
When that kicks in (hopefully) the flood gates will open - an A380 with better seats along with just about everything else, it's a very tempting proposition.
Not all SQ flights into Oz are on the 380. In fact its mostly the noisy 772 and 773s. Not quite as desirable IMO.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by og
Not all SQ flights into Oz are on the 380. In fact its mostly the noisy 772 and 773s. Not quite as desirable IMO.
True, but I already have to fly to SYD to ensure a decent seat So it won't make any difference to me

That suite looks very nice.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.