Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lan syd-akl-syd

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by doctorjosh
I've done the LA transtasman flight a few times now. For $750 return, it's a bargain and usually half the price of EK. Depite the OMG departure time, it means I can get in a full day's work after arriving into SYD. The catering on the SYD-AKL flight is disappointing though but the flatbed means I can catch a bit more sleep on the way back (to make up for the early departure).
I've also never had any problems with points or SCs coming through.
I've done the AKL-SYD in J a few times (when the fare was around $AUD260ish, such a steal) but just last week booked the full SYD-AKL-SYD @ $AUD750 return. As others have said the OMG o'clock AKL-SYD is a killer however compared to $AUD1100ish for a Disc Y SYD-AKL and a flexi AKL-SYD on QF, the LA J both ways is an absolute bargain.
Old May 17, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: QF
Just flew the J cabin AKL to SCL. Must say it's a lot better in terms of seat comfort to the QF J class on the 747's
Old May 17, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Canny Man
Just flew the J cabin AKL to SCL. Must say it's a lot better in terms of seat comfort to the QF J class on the 747's
Welcome to FlyerTalk Canny Man
The LAN J cabin is much better than the QF TT products, including the A330-200 Skybed Mk1, and very useful for the early morning departure (note I do not think of it as OMG'clock) to SYD. Of course the catering SYD-AKL is not up to full service J standards and the OTP
Still I like LAN but I am seriously reconsidering the value of maintaining WP status now.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
... Still I like LAN but I am seriously reconsidering the value of maintaining WP status now. ...
Like the majority of WP's I would think, this one included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.