Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF 108/107

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Wow, I would've thought they'd be happy to book on their partner. It's not like getting between T7 and T8 is that bad now. But good to know.

What would you do? 2pm AA flight to get onto the 11:50 QF flight at LAX, or the QF flight? My concern is that if something goes awry on the AA flight and they're full, then I'm really in trouble whereas QF would presumably not send out the flights to Australia/NZ w/o the JFK flight since that is all connections (potentially as many as 250ish, I imagine).
I would just stick with QF but get to JFK before a couple of the earlier AA flights are scheduled to depart just in case circumstances warrant QF getting you out to LAX on AA. And as number_6 stated, if you miss the QF108 LAX-SYD flight, there's always the ride to AKL, with a flight to SYD as soon as possible.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by JerseySlime
I would just stick with QF but get to JFK before a couple of the earlier AA flights are scheduled to depart just in case circumstances warrant QF getting you out to LAX on AA. And as number_6 stated, if you miss the QF108 LAX-SYD flight, there's always the ride to AKL, with a flight to SYD as soon as possible.
Thanks. That makes sense. I'll actually be getting to JFK around noon, and then waiting in the Admirals Club until closer till the Qantas flight (since we have AC access via AMEX, but we don't all have Oneworld status to get into lounges). Perhaps the AC agents will be willing to move me (esp. since it's an AA ticket), if there's a problem? Or is it QF's issue? Either way, I guess if there's a mess, that leaves like 2 or 3 flights we could potentially get on to LAX.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
My motto it T8 before T7; even more so as an Emerald, since the T7 First CLASS lounge is much worse then the T8 Flagship lounge - I head across ~90 minutes before the QF flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.