Search

New domestic A330-200 EBO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:31 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
QF have provided some input on AFF re the new config:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tml#post378757

Just to clarify, our newest domestic A330 has been delivered with a new Recaro seat in the Business cabin - EBM/EBN have Sicma seats, whilst EBO has new Recaro seating that utilises technology and functionality developed with our International Premium Economy product.......
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:25 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
So is this the new QF domestic J, or are these simply configured like this until sometime next year when they will be rebranded JQ? WIll they then cover the seats in black leather? Perhaps these are the aircraft JQ are considering using to the US and EU?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Basically they are PE seats ... it's ridiculous that it costs more for MEL to/from PER in business with these small seats when slightly more comfortable (albeit leather) Millennium can be had MEL to/from SIN for much less.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by yemanlj
That explains why the seat selection on QF.com is 2-3-2 layout with 42 seats for my upcoming flight to SYD. Not sure I like the look of this cabin, looks very cramped.

Has anyone travelled in this cabin? How are the seats?
This aircraft was on QF575 SYD-PER today. Even row 1 is 2-3-2, unlike the JQ variant which is 2-2-2 in this row. Seats do feel fair bit narrower than the other new dom 332s which are 2-2-2 throughout. They are slightly taller but seem also quite tight on pitch- maybe thats an illusion. Today's flight was full in J and it was a struggle to find overhead space boarding quite late, which I guess was not helped by the 6 extra seats in the cabin.

Not sure if its reported elsewhere, but I noticed The schedule flight time on SYD/PER seems to have been reduced by 25 mins on Westbound (QF575 now arrives at 10am, was 1025) and increased by 15 mins on Eastbound
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
What a shocker !

If they're going to use economy seats for J, they should at least block the middle seat like the European airlines do.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:03 am

I think these seats look extremely disappointing for a transcontinental J Class product. Yes, I know that this is a higher standard than the J Class product offered on European and US Domestic flights, but I would have expected something slightly better from Qantas, especially given the astronomical fares charged on the flights to Perth......it does not seem the product justifies the premium over Y Class.

It is not the middle seat that I am disappointed with (CX does it on their regional 773) - but the pitch and width looks abysmal.

Wish that Qantas instead of wasting money in Marc Newson's crap design, just recycled some old Dreamtime seats for the Transcon flights but with upgraded inflight entertainment screens!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:31 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
I think these seats look extremely disappointing for a transcontinental J Class product. Yes, I know that this is a higher standard than the J Class product offered on European and US Domestic flights,...
Actually US transcon J is a significantly higher standard now on all 3 of the major carriers (UA, DL and AA). They've been forced to improve their product including significant seating and meal improvements, while QF used to have a great transcon product (apparently no more).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:37 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The 2 times I have flown SYD-PER return I received Skybeds on all sectors. WHy would anyone upgrade or pay for this? Once could argue it's misleading and deceptive to call it Business class and charge those prices.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
[duplicate courtesy of FT's great new software]
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
Until the seat maps appear on the QF web site, this is EBO as far as I can tell:
http://shn.bz/p0862
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum; EK Gold; DJ Gold; A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Ewing
+1

When I first seen that photo without reading this thread I actually thought it was Y.
+1 It's all heading too LCC for my liking.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ewing
Until the seat maps appear on the QF web site, this is EBO as far as I can tell:
http://shn.bz/p0862
The seat map is now published in the QF site http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...-332/global/en

It is the 42J 268Y entry
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by perthite
The seat map is now published in the QF site http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...-332/global/en

It is the 42J 268Y entry
Yep, was pointed to that earlier on AFF.

The difference between that map and what's on E/F is that 58 A,B,J,K do not appear on the QF seatmap.

Curious.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by perthite

It is the 42J 268Y entry
Frightening like JL's J Domestic. Better seats than Y class and nothing more. Just wait for QF to enhance the cabin bonus to PE levels such as 110% instead of 125%.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:31 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by og
Frightening like JL's J Domestic. Better seats than Y class and nothing more. Just wait for QF to enhance the cabin bonus to PE levels such as 110% instead of 125%.
This would be okay if the J fare was only 110% of a Y (discount) ticket as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.