Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Any Time Access going?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:51 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
like the next gen check-in now restricting the departures concourse to ticket holders only so unless you are travelling with QF youn wouldn't be able to get to the lounge anyway... however, that doesn't apply in international airports (such as HKG) where you can be airside with any BP and may want to access the lounge.
Can be airside within area that accesses QP's at SYD (T2), ADL, BNE, CNS, TSV & DRW and flying an airline other than QF/JQ, so that's not the reason.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by lokijuh
This is not about costs, this is about making you choose, and making you stick that choice.. The same way the switch to Direct Sweep made people choose QF credit cards. .
I presume it is partly about costs and overcrowding, but probably more the fact they want you to FLY QF/JQ at all times. I enot fly DJ and get to use the QF lounge etc....
Old Oct 6, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Can be airside within area that accesses QP's at SYD (T2), ADL, BNE, CNS, TSV & DRW and flying an airline other than QF/JQ, so that's not the reason.
and maybe CBR as well, depending on the layout of the new terminal.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:27 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Don't get mad, just spend more time in the Flounge. Fight the battles you have a good chance of winning.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
From my perspective if these are the only changes to be implemented then I can breathe a sigh of relief. Sure there is a clear erosion of value, but how much?
I do not have access to many QF QP being NZ based since QF abandoned NZ, with a clear lack of commitment (referring to their emails and not replacing Dom QP with complimentary access to 3rd Party Lounges outside of AKL).
I like many WP have not utilised this benefit more than a handful of times once QF NZQP were shut, so is it a major loss for me? No.
But if QF ever went the way of OZ and SQ extremely limiting access to F Lounges, then I would drop QF without a second thought.
Ironically this decision will make me fly NZ more and JQ less so I can ensure I maintain *G to cover myself if I fly *A in WHY
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:21 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
I have used the lounge 4 or 5 times when not flying on QF. Once was to meet another Fter, the rest where when flying on DJ. Now why would QF possibly want to limit a benefit to me when I was flying on another airline? Could it possibly be that they want to encourage me to always fly on QF?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
But if QF ever went the way of OZ and SQ extremely limiting access to F Lounges, then I would drop QF without a second thought.
Ironically this decision will make me fly NZ more and JQ less so I can ensure I maintain *G to cover myself if I fly *A in WHY
SQ limit access to their J lounge too. *G for example cannot access the J lounge in SIN and are restricted to their basic lounge (which I believe does not even have showers).

Looks like most airlines are reducing rather than increasing benefits although the recent announcements out of BA, IB and AA were pleasant. So much so that I am really starting to wonder whether my ultimate pursuit of getting LTG is really worth it, especially since I suspect it might be taken away sooner rather than later.

I do wonder whether it has been domestic abuse which has pushed QF to make these changes. I still however am not happy though. As one poster outlined above, I have used the benefits when taking elderly family to the airport before. With this benefit gone, this will be a thing of the past.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I feel so valued. I have not even been notified of any of the changes at all.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I feel so valued. I have not even been notified of any of the changes at all.
It seems if you are not based in Australia QF just do not value you.
I too receive fewer email notifications than many OZ based members.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I don't want to play devils advocate but I must admit QF J Dom lounges have been overflowing with people 90% of the times I have been flying. Hard to find a spot to sit, esp BNE and MEL. SYD has always been fine in my experience at most times.

I was burnt when Gulf Air pulled out of SYD with a useless 'Gold for Life'( I was lucky enough to be able to burn all my points on VS-a horrible experience I never want to repeat).

I swore I'd only stick to my home carrier to avoid this occuring again. While QF have always treated me noticably better as a Plat than Gold or Silver I feel they should be bending over backwards now that DJ have stated their intentions domestically and via partnerships with carriers such as Etihad with premium service to rival QF if not better it.

I guess loyalty goes only so far..if they push too hard there are emerging options for us to jump to, which QF should be wary about.

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away"

CJ
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
It seems if you are not based in Australia QF just do not value you.
I too receive fewer email notifications than many OZ based members.
+1
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I don't want to play devils advocate but I must admit QF J Dom lounges have been overflowing with people 90% of the times I have been flying. Hard to find a spot to sit, esp BNE and MEL. SYD has always been fine in my experience at most times.
Given that any-time access does not apply (at least officially) to domestic J lounges, I don't see the relevance.

If they are really concerned about lounge overcrowding, a better idea would be to crack down on the absurdly discounted QC membership deals which seem to be rife.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Personally, I think the entire QC concept should go.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Leumas
Personally, I think the entire QC concept should go.
Agreed; it's essentially paid lounge access in reality with a nice luggage tag.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:33 am

This is a joke - and shame on you Qantas. It was a benefit that was hardly used, but one when available was greatly appreciated. I know the only time it has been used by my Dad was when he was connecting via HKG onto an MU flight, as CX/KA was not available, and it was a nice benefit to have. Great way to treat your most loyal customers, QF.

Surely a more appropriate policy would be that for Australian airports you can only use the lounge when flying QF/JQ/oneworld but exempt the rule for International stations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.