Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Any Time Access going?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I still haven't received anything regarding the original issue, let alone voice my concerns to QF about it!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Oh, still haven't got an email from QF notifying me of the changes, just as well I hang out on FT.

Did any other non Australian resident QF FF'ers actually get the email?
Nothing here.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:01 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Spiff
Nothing here.
QF says in their T&Cs that for non Australian based members just publishing the change on the website is sufficient and no email communication is necessary.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Oh, still haven't got an email from QF notifying me of the changes, just as well I hang out on FT.

Received this morning with a Singaporean address (even noted as such in the email).
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Also got an email today with a UK address. Feeling very lukewarm about the QP now.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I received the email last weeek a few days after Australian based flyers. It included the now defunct QP limitations.
Oh I love how as a WP I get all sorts of benefits flying QF, not exclusive and I can get a better hard product on other airlines....
Really I hold onto WP just for the F Lounge access and if that went well good bye QFF. Still looking at maintaining NZ G*. As an aside when I spoke to NZ senior management at a function early this year I told them that there was not sufficient benefits of NZ GE over G for me to maintain it, happy with *G. Also with QF Flounge I will continue to fly oneworld, which they acknowledged was a major commercial benefit that QF has.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:52 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Welcome to FT, Red Roo. It's good to see QF "come out" and engage with the FT QF forum.

For some reason your second post wasn't visible when you posted - for those who won't have seen it read on...

Originally Posted by Red Roo
Thanks for the welcome to FT, appreciate the feedback.

Quote RichardMEL
I would take the "same day" criteria to mean that Plat members will thus be able to access a lounge AFTER a flight? If so, that is a good move.

Correct.

Quote RichardMEL
Under this new stated rule will Plat's still be able to use the J lounge?

Note the policy change is not to the level of lounge Platinums are able to access, rather when lounge access overall is available, i.e. the introduction of the travelling on eligible carriers on the day requirement. See the Lounge Access Table here.

Quote drewbles
You've said that we'll 'be welcome to use our lounges to freshen up or whilst waiting for colleagues of friends arriving on other flights'. How is this going to work if the Platinum Member needs to be travelling on the day? It certainly doesn't appear to be the case based on the terms and conditions change you made. All it really seems to grant is access on landing to use the lounge as an arrivals lounge. That's all good, but it's certainly not letting us use it as a place to wait for your family to arrive etc.

To clarify the comments, here are some of the situations, in which the revised policy allows lounge access.

For instance, you may have arrived on a QF red eye flight from PER first thing in the morning. As a Platinum, you are welcome to use the lounge to freshen up after landing. Alternatively you may have flown with us into a port and are waiting for colleagues or friends to arrive on other flights. In this case, you are also welcome to use the lounge as a place to wait. In these situations, you would be travelling with an eligible airline on the day, and hence would have lounge access.

Essentially, the main benefit of the latest policy revision is to provide access in arrival situations when travelling with eligible airlines. This is the main issue, on which we received feedback and we’ve acted on that feedback. Understand that not all are fully satisfied by the policy revision, however we feel by global standards, this is still a generous lounge access policy; we are not aware of any major airline currently providing lounge access without a travelling requirement to their Platinum equivalent tier.

Quote: lokijuh
Even this latest round of changes two of the other things that grate on me are ability to only check 2 bags (last 4 trips to SIN I have checked three
Just to clarify, on the vast majority of Qantas International routes (i.e. excluding the Americas), such on the SIN route you mention, the existing weight concept continues to apply. The new policy has not introduced a piece restriction on such routes.

As a Platinum, in the new policy you are entitled to 64kg on these routes, regardless of travel class. This is an increase from the 23+15kg in Economy/Premium Economy, 30+15kg in Business and 40+15kg in First provided for Platinums in the previous policy.

Qantas International piece allowances continue to apply on routes to/from the Americas. More information is available here.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Just received the Bad News email today.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by Red Roo
we feel by global standards, this is still a generous lounge access policy; we are not aware of any major airline currently providing lounge access without a travelling requirement to their Platinum equivalent tier.
BA are still more generous - they provide Open Doors access to their Gold members regardless of who you are flying with.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
we are not aware of any major airline currently providing lounge access without a travelling requirement to their Platinum equivalent tier
Just for the record, AA appears to allow "anytime" access to any paying Admirals Club member; that is vastly more liberal than just allowing top-tier elites (who in turn however don't get free access to AA domestic lounges...swings and roundabouts!)

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/...ungeAccess.jsp

CX Diamonds also get lounge access regardless of departing airline.

Last edited by whughes3; Oct 13, 2010 at 11:19 pm
Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: QF, VA, VS, PX, AI
I got the email yesterday. Although red roo had already announced the change to the access policy, the change wasn't reflected in the email.

I think the addresses are confirmed so they can be sure they send your NGCI bag tags to the right address.

Cheers skip
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:51 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by ajnz
Received this morning with a Singaporean address (even noted as such in the email).

Yes I got in same time frame as you, with Singaporean address noted in email as well.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

Not here, but QF has given up on NZ
Old Oct 16, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by whughes3
Just for the record, AA appears to allow "anytime" access to any paying Admirals Club member; that is vastly more liberal than just allowing top-tier elites (who in turn however don't get free access to AA domestic lounges...swings and roundabouts!)
The key difference however is that it is not possible to enter a terminal without a BP - something possible in Australia.

I for one don't agree with the recent changes, however liberal access to domestic terminals probably played the lions share in QF's decision to cut WP access.

I'm just surprised that they did not leave WP access in place for international access.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
The key difference however is that it is not possible to enter a terminal without a BP - something possible in Australia.
I think it is still possible for an Admirals Club member to get in without a BP if it has been prearranged. That's what the AA website says. But it's more faff than using the QF domestic lounges as a pub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.