Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

9th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 19 Feb 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 19 Feb 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by JohnK
Unfortunately BRONZE for me now.

Playing in the 2nd and final round of the 4BBB stroke championships at Bardwell Valley on Saturday and back in BNE on Sunday night.
Congratultions on making the final round John but sorry to hear that you cannot make it. It has been a long time since I saw you in WLG.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Updated to here. Still haven't heard from a couple of people on the Silver list, but everybody else has been great with advising me details. I'll send through this list to the QC Manager now.

See you all tomorrow. I'll arrive ~4pm, but will be able to stay for the duration.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Haven't heard from these two members (on the Silver list):

notzac - WP
djsflynn - WP

Don't have arrival and/or departure details for:

og
itsalongwaydown
Bluesky
tuapekastar
perthite
ozzie

I also note there are some members flying up on the same or close flights, so try and meet up in the QP's at the departure point (or on board, a litle harder):

Arrival

tuapekastar: Arrive QF612 11.15am [from MEL] - can guest 1 in MEL (~0900-0940 QF T1 J Lounge)
serfty: Arrive QF614 12:15pm [from MEL] - can guest 2 in MEL (T1 JL 0945-1045)
penegal: Arrive QF614 12:15pm [from MEL]

d00t: Arrive QF528 1.35pm [from SYD]
Blackcloud: Arrive QF528 1.35pm [from SYD]

Similar story of the departures, although by then, you'll probably have met each other:

Departure

FlashKiwi: Depart QF631 4:55pm [to MEL]
serfty: Depart QF631 4:55pm [back to MEL] (can guest 2)

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 17, 2011 at 5:55 pm
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:39 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
og:

arrive BNE 0935 but walking to BCH from a great coffee shop in Southbank
BNE-SYD QF557 1915-2150 (Saturday)
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I'm not flying back until Sunday ..... DJ970 at 5:00pm. I will be in the lounge, but don't have any rights to guest anyone ...
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by ozzie
I'm not flying back until Sunday ..... DJ970 at 5:00pm. I will be in the lounge, but don't have any rights to guest anyone ...
Which lounge? You can't get into the QF lounge anymore. I think the DJ allows 1 guest...?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Leumas, I took it to mean that he was talking about being a non-flying (on the day) WP when he's there on Saturday - ozzie is right, he has no ability to guest anybody...
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Updated to here and information sent to QC Manager

Another two members on the same flight:

SFSC: Depart QF557 7:15pm [back to NTL via SYD]
og: Depart QF557 7:15pm [back to SYD]
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Leumas
Which lounge? You can't get into the QF lounge anymore. I think the DJ allows 1 guest...?
It will be the DJ lounge. No guests (unless they pay) when using a Priority Pass card to access !
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

As the Convenor, may I also remind everybody of the rules for tomorrow:

1. Given the size of our group (21), we are meeting in the FT corner of the Qantas Club (the far left hand back corner of the Lounge). It is not appropriate, even given the number of Platinum members flying post-event, for us to be over in the Business Lounge. Should departing Platinum members wish to use the Business Lounge prior to their flights, they absolutely have the right and may invite others to go with them.

2. Be courteous at all times to other FT'ers, QP staff and other QP-members. Some people change behaviour after consuming alcohol and may increase their voice, use profane language, or be belligerent - and that behavior WILL NOT be tolerated. The actions of a few WILL NOT affect the enjoyment of the majority - you will be asked to leave. To quote an excellent comment used elsewhere "The opinion you are entitled to would count if you made use of more civilised language".

Now that we have that clear, let's enjoy ouselves.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
...we are meeting in the FT corner of the Qantas Club (the far left hand back corner of the Lounge).
Is that 'left' as in as you enter through the glass doors, i.e. the corner which is closest to the car park rather than the "new wall" shared with the J Lounge?

I sincerely hope that the second point you raised was merely prophylactic and not a result of some unpleasant "feedback" from last year's (or previous) AGM(s). As a group of people who are (mostly) seasoned travellers and reasonable human beings, I thought the second point should be a natural.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's the far North Corner, looking out to the Taxi Pound.

This was the original FT corner (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2782547-post17.html) until the lack of Aircon (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ml#post9299319) down there in 2008 made the location untenable that year.

The subsequent construction of the J lounge made the recent use of the Eastern corner more private - that area has now been absorbed into the J lounge.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 17, 2011 at 10:17 pm
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Lets hope the air-con is working

Hi Lindsay and fellow Ft'ers.
Subject to timing of family duties tomorrow, I would like to confirm as Gold attendance for at least a part of the post 1500 formal proceedings.
Look forward to catching up with old friends and new. John.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Older AGM threads:

1. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...m-onwards.html
  2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...p-meeting.html
  3. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...-feb-05-a.html
  4. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...-feb-06-a.html
  5. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...-feb-07-a.html
  6. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...eb-2008-a.html
  7. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...eb-2009-a.html
  8. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...eb-2010-a.html
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:12 am
Original Poster

anatOl, merely being proactive. I want everyone to know exactly what is required of them, so there can be no issues if things go pear-shaped.

JohnSydney2000, great news! Say hi to your brother for me. When are you departing?

serfty, wonderful research and posting of the old threads. Ahhh, those were the days - I have fond memories of meeting some FT'ers at the AGM.

I have just had a response from the QC Manager, which in part (the relevant stuff) says:

The afternoon Supervisor on Duty tomorrow has been briefed about the group requirements
He happens to be my QC contact that I've known since ~1994, but you'll all be there well and truly before me. Anybody unsure should ask for the Duty Supervisor, mention my name (those who know it) or ring me and I'll speak to him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.