Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

3rd BNE QP FlyerTalkers AGM, ~ late Feb 05

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat

Originally Posted by serfty

Originally Posted by QF WP (Dec 9th)
... Great to have some new faces to our meetings....next BNE QP meeting will be on or around 24 February 2005 (the 3rd Annual General Meeting of the BNE QP FT'ers)

Originally Posted by QF WP (Dec 11th)
... Look forward to organising the 2nd Annual BNE QP AGM (being that the first one was an EAGM) in Februrary and hopefully it fits in with your schedule.

QF WP,

Any further news on this? There appears to still be a few "Mr G Dixon's cheap N specials on that day" still available.
Thanks for reminding me serfty, as I have been focused on my AKL trip last week.

Yes, it's that time again...after a successful 2nd Annual BNE QP FT meeting it's time to set up another HP Fest and seriously try to reduce Qantas's supposed $1B profit forecast...and get the most from your QP membership (or if you are a non-member, get amongst the free drinks!!)

Now, the first two questions are:

1. What date will suit the most FT'ers
2. Will QF WP be able to organise (and attend) ? As many of you know, Mrs QF WP and I are commencing starting a family (effective immediately, we were waiting to return from AKL before getting too serious )

The first may be dependent on what date suits most, but having it on the same day each year may not be justified. Currently, Feb 24 is a Thursday - would a Friday suit (in case our southern cousins or overseas visitors wanted to bring the whole family for the weekend, or nurse that hangover you're bound to have !)

I need to research some more, so will post this now and come back to edit...

Last edited by QF WP; Jan 24, 2005 at 4:40 pm Reason: adding URL, correcting spelling
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:09 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
A Thursday would be better because......

Availability of el-cheapo 'N' class fares are really poor from both MEL and SYD for the Friday. It would be damn god if Geoff D and his gang could throw in another domestic red-e-deal sale between now to celebrate this occassion.

It would be certainly to fly VernimBlue or DeathStar to attend this event!

Last edited by RickyT; Jan 24, 2005 at 1:12 am
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The 25th might be good for me....Tis the day that the 5* dsns offishally become ozzian. depending on the timings of the ceremony milarky a trip to BNE might work out quite well

Dave
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:28 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Congrats Dave and family ^ , although cant see myself why anyone would celebrate becoming australian

Friday or Sat would work better for me.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:37 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Thurdays or Fridays are mostly ok for me. Mondays are not ok unless it is a public holiday. Saturdays vary depending on family activities, but could always being the family along - who says I never take them out for dinner?

Anytime in late Feb is ok. I will be up for an afternoon/evening since my mid-life crisis is scheduled to commence in early Feb . Someone can buy me a HPL to assist the recovery process .
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by NM
I will be up for an afternoon/evening since my mid-life crisis is scheduled to commence in early Feb . Someone can buy me a HPL to assist the recovery process .
You can see MLC coming? That not good
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by QF WP
1. What date will suit the most FT'ers ... The first may be dependent on what date suits most, but having it on the same day each year may not be justified. Currently, Feb 24 is a Thursday - would a Friday suit (in case our southern cousins or orverseas visitors wanted to bring the whole family for the weekend, or nurse that hangover you're bound to have !)...
Both/either afternoons/evenings Thursday 24th and/or Friday 25th are fine for me.

2. Will QF WP be able to organise (and attend) ? As many of you know, Mrs QF WP and I are commencing starting a family (effective immediately, we were waiting to return from AKL before getting too serious )
Good Luck ^, it's a real adventure ...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:30 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'd prefer a weekday afternoon / early evening. It'd be a day trip for me.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, I'll keep the debate going on the date until 1 February then make a decision, but already the line looks like being drawn at Thursday, 24 February (because of availability of flights and people). Still, only 6 respondents so far, so not a big sample
Old Jan 24, 2005, 6:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I make it even picks for Thurs & Fri (up to this post), although QF WP is silent on his preference
Old Jan 24, 2005, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Feb 24

I am currently booked to transit BNE on the 24 Feb arriving about 14:30 and leaving about 17:00. But this may change (often does)
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:37 pm

Talking

Thurs 24th Feb is good for me!

Can't wait to raid the QP bar

QFBoy
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:43 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You can see MLC coming? That not good
It goes with the grey hair, fading eyesight, and an increasing frequency of "senior moments" . As they say, its downhill from here .
Old Jan 25, 2005, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I make it even picks for Thurs & Fri (up to this post), although QF WP is silent on his preference
I believe I stated in my opening post:

Will QF WP be able to organise (and attend)?
So my preference may be moot. But it looks like Thursday is clearing out as the winner. If I'm able to come, Thursday would be my choice...

Last edited by QF WP; Jan 25, 2005 at 1:00 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 25, 2005, 1:05 am

Okay, I'll keep the debate going on the date until 1 February then make a decision, but already the line looks like being drawn at Thursday, 24 February (because of availability of flights and people). Still, only 6 respondents so far, so not a big sample
I'd be keen to come along and put some faces to names. Alas though, Perth is calling... and I'll be in the QP on Wednesday morning only and not back until early the week after.

Next time gadget, next time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.