Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd Annual BNE QP meeting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2004, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
2nd Annual BNE QP meeting

As it has been a year since the original meeting, it's about time to organise the second. I suppose this should fall to me to organise, given that I was the inaugural Chairman.

Whilst this could be put into Community, I'm sure that our esteemed moderator, Willyroo (also an original member) will understand that most attendees will come from reading this Forum (although an international membership would be interesting). The closest I can come to that is inviting DrD, MrsDrD and DrD Junior so that this meeting dovetails in with a farewell back to HKG for them (also boosts number to ensure a quorum is reached ).

I therfore have emailed the DrD's to find out when would be an appropriate time (as DrD is in HKG at present, but coming back to BNE soon to collect his family).

As soon as I hear back from them, I'll announce the date and time (venue will, of course be the QF Dom QP). Entry for non-flyers can be arranged by the brace of WP's in the expected attendees. Those who wish to attend from interstate are most welcome.

(edited for spelling...again !)

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited Feb 08, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 2004, 12:43 am

Count me in....

------------------
Better living through chemistry.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 1:55 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I'd love to go if it can be scheduled sometime from 30 April - 8 May :-) I'll be home in BNE for a wedding .....
Old Feb 9, 2004, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
ozzie, you'll have your own BNE QP meeting organised for you in April/May, as I mentioned in a post in another topic.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:14 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
ozzie, you'll have your own BNE QP meeting organised for you in April/May, as I mentioned in a post in another topic.</font>
Ahhh ... yes. I had forgotten that one ... maybe too many Crownies that day ....

Old Feb 9, 2004, 2:59 pm

Will be in BNE, Early May, 5 June, 16-17 July.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 4:23 pm

Programs: CX MPO Gold; QFClub
Hello after a long break (and don't know how often I'll be lurking around here anyhow, for a while at least) -

We are leaving BNE on Friday 27 Feb on CX, and DrD is arriving "sometime around the end of next week". (See previous remarks about DrD's ever fluid schedule.) So sometime in the week ending 27 Feb would seem to be the safest bet for us.

DrDJunior is going extremely well, growing at a great rate and he tells me ready to experience CX's J for the first time on the "outside". We did give QF the opportunity to be his inaugural carrier, but alas they have upgrade avl. stitched up too tight at the moment, so CX it is.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

kawoh, looks like you'll be up at the same time as ozzie is back, so we'll keep you on the list for that one.

MrsDrD, glad to see that you got my email and you found time between DrD Junior's bathing, feeding and sleeping routine.

Now that you have given us a timeline, I'd focus everybody's attention on the last week in Feb for our meeting. Exact date will be posted as soon as DrD trumps up with his actual schedule.

It may be best to get a meeting room at the QP (in line with last year - until we break out to the bar) as there will be a number of non-flying FT'ers (including Mrs QF WP if I can get her along).

(edited for spelling)

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited Feb 09, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Mrs og and I will be passing through BNE DOM QP pm Sun 7 March - if your timing extends to that date.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Looks like we'll have to have a separate one for you too,og. Will put your apologies in. Trust your trip is going well...
Old Feb 9, 2004, 9:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
Looks like we'll have to have a separate one for you too,og. Will put your apologies in. Trust your trip is going well...</font>
Just hopped off BA this morning, met by Mrs og, home, showered, then to the office - fresh as a daisy - at least for an hour or so.

6 flights, 8 days, 340 SC, max temp 35 degrees (BKK), min temp minus 5 (HEL), best QP showers: LHR T4, best QP catering: BKK, best QP drinks: SYD T1 F, best BA WT+ seat: any aisle (but the AV box robs leg space) - bulkhead windows are pretty good too, best BA A319 seat: row 9 (exit row), best BA catering: from LHR, worst catering: anything BA calls "all day Deli", best internet access speed: QP LHR T1 & HEL, worst internet access speed: QP SYD and BKK.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:16 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum/Oneworld Emerald, Qantas Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by og:
best QP showers: LHR T4</font>
Not to totally change the subject, but do you think so? I was just there on Saturday night flying back to Oz & mine was dirty with lots of hair in the shower. Eew. But I did like the 4 jets thing.

Otherwise I don't think I will be able to make it to BNE, I am heading to NYC for a couple of weeks soon, but I'm sure it will be fun!
Old Feb 10, 2004, 1:02 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AllyB:
Not to totally change the subject, but do you think so? I was just there on Saturday night flying back to Oz & mine was dirty with lots of hair in the shower. Eew. But I did like the 4 jets thing.

</font>
I was also there Saturday night. Hope it wasn't my hair (yuk..). I was the one with red eyes (from the dry air in HEL - not the cheap wine on the previous BA flight).
Old Feb 10, 2004, 4:55 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
So the last week of Feb it is then. Best day of the week for me is Tuesday presently. Other days will either limit my time or ability to attend.

Mrs Dr D, its great to hear all is going well for the new family member. Just remember that once he starts flying enough he will rid himself of the habit of early arrival .
Old Feb 12, 2004, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Well, received the following message from DrD:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">thanks for including us in your meeting.. we'll do our best to be there..

the best options for us.. ugly as it is, is a Monday night 23rd Feb... the
rest of the nights are proably a little too diffcult.</font>
Monday night not a problem for me, I get to have a drink instead of go to the gym

Right, date is known, who's in???????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.