Wiki Posts
Search

PayPal.com raises credit-card limit to $5000

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2000, 8:26 am
Original Member
Original Poster

PayPal.com raises credit-card limit to $5000

Now you can get 10,000 miles per year by putting money into your PayPal account via a mileage-earning credit card ($5000 every six months). You must use the money for legitimate payments and not for the purpose of cash advances to yourself.

You still get $5 to sign up. Click here to sign up and I get $5 too. I will use the money to support my questionable lifestyle.

I have put a bunch of the best of these schemes on line at www.profitvirus.com

------------------
Get my trip reports mailed to you! http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/liontales
Old May 5, 2000, 9:36 am

Originally posted by QuietLion:
Click here to sign up and I get $5 too. I will use the money to support my questionable lifestyle.
Who could resist the temptation to support a questionable lifestyle? Too bad I've already signed up for this...

Sebastien
Old May 5, 2000, 10:36 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

QL/Richard- I believe that the Paypal limit has always been $5,000
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001977.html
Old May 5, 2000, 10:58 am

Quitelion
Does your credit card company treat paybal charges as cash advances? do they charge extra for paybal?
Old May 5, 2000, 3:04 pm

I can't speak for Quietlion, but many of us have used Paypal and certainly for myself it is just a regular purchase. No extra fees. It's a great service.
Old May 5, 2000, 4:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

doc, I thought it was 500, thanks for the info. In any case it's got to be one of the best mileage opportunities around and I haven't seen it publicized as such, just as a conga.

------------------
Get my trip reports mailed to you! http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/liontales
Old May 5, 2000, 5:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
After taking 2-3 months to get my street address confirmation number, I started a week ago to max out the $5k limit... well today, I get an email that my account was put on probation for "possibily using PayPal for cash advances" meaning, that they thought I was sending money through PayPal and by some means, back to myself. Of course I wasn't, I was just simply repaying a loan to my dear mother.
Old May 5, 2000, 10:55 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Tsk tsk. It's getting harder and harder to snatch the bait. www.snatchthebait.com
Old May 5, 2000, 11:44 pm

So what, you have to spend the $5,000? What does one spend $5,000 online through Paypal that would be something they might buy anyway? Just wondering so I might take advantage of my rebate Mastercard!
Old May 6, 2000, 12:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
PayPal service has been shoddy at best. I had no problems the first time I used the service for a rather large transaction, but when I attempted to repay my sister money I owed (another substantial size payment) they locked my account claiming it was a cash advance. Given that my sister was already a registered PayPal user with a different e-mail address and a different name and address (in a different state in fact), and that she had registered her bank account with PayPal for direct deposit, I'm not quite sure how they came to this conclusion. (She, nor anyone else, had ever sent me money thru PayPal either). In any event, it took 3 weeks of e-mails and phone calls before they agreed to unlock both our accounts. They never re-processed the original transaction nor did they adjust my limit to correct for the transaction that they reversed. Three e-mails to them about this have gone unanswered. I'm not impressed.
Old May 6, 2000, 9:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.