Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetstar Flight - Lounge entry

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 1:47 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Also, I had a JQ connecting flight to SIN at DRW. To be greeted by one of those lovely signs saying "come back at 2220 hours" was not a good experience. Being stuck in DRW =
But what do you expect when flying JQ??
Old Oct 4, 2009, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by david870mdg
mmmm,
Just to clarify;
I had a 1000 or therabouts departure on 3K.
There were about 4 3K flights departing around this time. I took my chances with a 3K boarding pass and was greeted by the lovely sign.
The next QF departure was to PER??? and not until very later in the day.
Basically the lounge was outside the QF arr/dep times and hence the sign... Come back later for QF deps.
I was suprised, especially if O/W Emerald status, but 3K the QF lounge at HKG didn't want to know me.
Oh well, just turn up and see what happens.
Good luck.
Indeed qf flights ex SIN are 1 x 0900 to PER and then nothing until about 7pm with a bunch to BNE, SYD, MEL etc. So i guess lounge closure makes sense?

The Hong Kong lounge definately IS open all day and QF Plat gets access no matter which airline you are flying - with no problems. They just scan the card and check the boarding pass so they can kick you out of the F section
Old Oct 4, 2009, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Also, I had a JQ connecting flight to SIN at DRW. To be greeted by one of those lovely signs saying "come back at 2220 hours" was not a good experience. Being stuck in DRW =
To be fair you also get that sign flying the QF red-eye to SYD if you've arrived early.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Given that the lounge is in the domestic area and the flight is an international one, it isn't too suprising that the flight wouldn't be open for a JQ flight. I didn't see any lounges in the international section of DRW
Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:47 pm

... was greeted by the lovely sign.
The next QF departure was to PER??? and not until very later in the day.
Basically the lounge was outside the QF arr/dep times and hence the sign... Come back later for QF deps.
I was suprised, especially if O/W Emerald status...
This approach is in line with what happens at DRW, QP opening times revolve around QF departures, and WPs have "anytime" access only during these opening hours. (QP & SG with JQ access also, when it is open. This includes International departures access, prior to international formalities. Pre-"formality"* lounges are also used by Qantas Group at OOL & HBA..) But in DRW I believe that JQ & QF services are maintained by different contractors, which leads to some friction? [Notably, this is different to how the former QP at OOL functioned, where it remained open throughout the day until the last JQ departure.]

With Qantas Group now offering 5 types of domestic lounges across Australia -
  • Chairman's
  • Business
  • QP
  • Regional
  • Jetstar

I anticipate their offer will evolve into a more complex one, focused at sophisticated market segmentation, well better than just "leisure" or "business". Or, they won't maintain market share.

Last edited by Maybe1; Oct 4, 2009 at 6:07 pm Reason: Pre-security @ HBA & Pre-Immigration @ OOL [& ADL ?]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.