Wiki Posts
Search

Jetstar Flight - Lounge entry

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Jetstar Flight - Lounge entry

Would someone be able to help with another question please??

I am travelling from SIN - DPS, will I be able to gain entry into the lounge using my BA Exec Club Gold card?

I am not 100% sure and don't particularly want to be turned away at the desk.

Its a JQ flight number.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
3K flt no or JQ international?
JQ = yes
3K = No
If you are oneworld emerald I belive it is a yes.
Others may correct if wrong.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 1:59 am

Also bear in mind that the lounge is restricted to QF/BA/OW departure times.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Thanks david870mdg

Just checked the itinerary, looks like its a 3k flight number, so will have to walk past the lounge on the way to the nearerst bar!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The OW policy is that for lounge entry based on status, the departing flight must be a flight that is both operated by and marketed by a One World carrier , so based on that rule you would not be eligable

Domestically in Australia for JQ flights they do seem to allow people lounge access based on OW status but don't know what will be the case for flights in Asia - OW Policy says no , Jetstar policy may vary

Dave
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:59 am

From JQ/QF website

Qantas Club Members

Qantas Club members travelling on JetSaver Light, JetSaver or JetFlex fares will continue to have access to the Qantas Club when travelling on flights operated by Jetstar Airways Pty Limited.

Lounge access is not available to Qantas Club members when travelling on flights operated by Jetstar Asia (3K) or Valuair (VF).

Access for Jetstar passengers

Qantas Club members travelling with Jetstar* are welcome in any Qantas Club or QantasLink lounge. Simply show your boarding slip and Qantas Club card, or Platinum or Gold Qantas Frequent Flyer card, at the lounge reception. You may also invite one guest who need not be travelling. If you are travelling without luggage you can check in for your Jetstar* flight in most Qantas Club lounges. When you fly Jetstar,* you won't be able to access partner, associated^ or oneworld airline lounges.

Other Qantas Club privileges, such as priority baggage, do not apply when travelling on Jetstar.

* Jetstar refers only to (JQ) flights. Qantas Club members and Gold Frequent Flyers travelling on Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF) do not have access to lounges. Platinum Frequent Flyers can only gain access to International Business lounges and Domestic Qantas Club Lounges when travelling on Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF)

This may help
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Plane Hopper
Would someone be able to help with another question please??

I am travelling from SIN - DPS, will I be able to gain entry into the lounge using my BA Exec Club Gold card?

I am not 100% sure and don't particularly want to be turned away at the desk.

Its a JQ flight number.
Yes I reckon you should have lounge access in Singapore.

As a BA gold card holder you enjoy access to the business class section of BA lounges (but NOT third party lounges operated on behalf of BA) even when not travelling with British Airways.

I was of the understanding the SIN lounge is jointly owned by BA and QF.**

I have cut and pasted the relevant section from the BA Gold membership page for you.

Enjoy worldwide lounge access

As a Gold member, you and a guest1 will enjoy access to over 250 lounges anytime worldwide,2 allowing you to access lounges even when not flying with British Airways.3

1Guest access is subject to capacity.

2Lounge access is not available on Alaska Airlines - except when members are flying on a oneworld partner codeshare flight with a British Airways flight number prefix.

3Excludes access to lounges owned by third parties.
Regards

LME ff

**the interesting thing is that according to the BA Lounge Locations guide the SIN and BKK lounges are all of a sudden 'Qantas' lounges?? (Qantas states them as being jointly owned with BA). It would be disappointing if BA used this classification as a loophole.

It would be interesting to see other FTers thoughts on this.

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Oct 1, 2009 at 6:09 am
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Yes I reckon you should have lounge access in Singapore.

As a BA gold card holder you enjoy access to the business class section of BA lounges (but NOT third party lounges operated on behalf of BA) even when not travelling with British Airways.
I would expect this as well. The SIN lounges are dual-branded, even though it's technically operated by QF. So BAEC Gold Open Doors (J lounge only) ought to apply.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:44 am

mmm, hate to play devils advocate, but I had a few 3K flights in the morning earlier this year, only to find a nice sign at the QF lounge saying "open 1900, F loung available from 1700".
If you have OW emerald status, the F lounge has longer opening hours.
Maybe the CX lounge ?? could be another option
David
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:21 pm

If in practice Jetstar are allowing people access domestically based on Oneworld status, what is the situation when getting off a Oneworld international flight in business or first and then changing to a Jetstar domestic within 24 hours and showing the international boarding pass?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by david870mdg
mmm, hate to play devils advocate, but I had a few 3K flights in the morning earlier this year, only to find a nice sign at the QF lounge saying "open 1900, F loung available from 1700".
David
david870 - this is confusing (not saying your experience was wrong )as the Qantas website (lounge locations) advises the QF lounges in SIN are open from 0630 until 2230 daily.

Our advice to the original poster is that he won't be able to access the lounge on the basis of OW membership if using a 3K flight. So the CX lounge will be out.

However - access should be granted under the BA Gold card 'open doors policy' which is similar to the QF plat benefit that allows access even when not flying QF or oneworld that day.

Access will only be to the J class lounge under the open door policy.

The real issue is whether the liunge in SIN is considered a BA lounge for the purposes of the gold card policy. The QF site says it is a jointly owned lounge. The BA site says it is a Qantas lounge. However BA has not designated the lounge a 'third party' lounge.

So there is some thought that access will be allowed.

Regards

lme ff
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

David
With the CX lounge I would expect the answer to be a complete NO since Jetstar is a non OW carrier

Dave
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
Qantas Club Members

Access for Jetstar passengers

Qantas Club members travelling with Jetstar* are welcome in any Qantas Club or QantasLink lounge. Simply show your boarding slip and Qantas Club card, or Platinum or Gold Qantas Frequent Flyer card, at the lounge reception. You may also invite one guest who need not be travelling. If you are travelling without luggage you can check in for your Jetstar* flight in most Qantas Club lounges. When you fly Jetstar,* you won't be able to access partner, associated^ or oneworld airline lounges.

Other Qantas Club privileges, such as priority baggage, do not apply when travelling on Jetstar.

* Jetstar refers only to (JQ) flights. Qantas Club members and Gold Frequent Flyers travelling on Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF) do not have access to lounges. Platinum Frequent Flyers can only gain access to International Business lounges and Domestic Qantas Club Lounges when travelling on Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF)
I have always been confused when I read the bold part. Do you think they mean -

"Only Platinum Frequent Flyers can gain access to International Business lounges and Domestic Qantas Club Lounges when travelling on Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF)"
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lucky_man
I have always been confused when I read the bold part. Do you think they mean -

"Only Platinum Frequent Flyers can gain access to International Business lounges and Domestic Qantas Club Lounges when travelling on Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF)"
The reference here is that platinum frequent flyers have 'anytime lounge access' and can access qantas lounges at any time so long as they have access to the lounge (that is, they can get through secuirty etc etc).

So a plat (like BA gold) can use the lounge no matter which airline they are flying. however access under this poloicy is to the business class section only, and you cannot use the First class section to which you would otherwise be entitled if you were on a oneworld flight or Jetstar (JQ).

regards

lme ff
Old Oct 4, 2009, 1:44 am

mmmm,
Just to clarify;
I had a 1000 or therabouts departure on 3K.
There were about 4 3K flights departing around this time. I took my chances with a 3K boarding pass and was greeted by the lovely sign.
The next QF departure was to PER??? and not until very later in the day.
Basically the lounge was outside the QF arr/dep times and hence the sign... Come back later for QF deps.
I was suprised, especially if O/W Emerald status, but 3K the QF lounge at HKG didn't want to know me.
Oh well, just turn up and see what happens.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.