Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld LAX to VIE, ZRH, MUC, FRA (RT) $2379-2453

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld LAX to VIE, ZRH, MUC, FRA (RT) $2379-2453

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by DTS
Nothing from SEA...:-(
I think only FRA is available from SEA:

Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:20 pm

Thank you for the great find. This is a decent fare from the west coast.

My questions:

1. The AARP discount only works when ALL segments are operated by BA, correct? For best pricing (before AARP discount), I see that for many dates, the return segments are operated by IB.
2. When exactly is EOS? ITA Matrix and GF have different end dates.
3. The fare code is INX5C1S3, correct?
4. I know that for ex-SFO BA flights, some are flown with the new J class (some 777), whilst others are flown with the old and dreaded 2-3-2 nasty J seats (A 380). How often does BA change their equipment? I really don't want to risk flying in the old J cabin.

Thank you very much.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thank you for the great find. This is a decent fare from the west coast.

My questions:

1. The AARP discount only works when ALL segments are operated by BA, correct? For best pricing (before AARP discount), I see that for many dates, the return segments are operated by IB.
2. When exactly is EOS? ITA Matrix and GF have different end dates.
3. The fare code is INX5C1S3, correct?
4. I know that for ex-SFO BA flights, some are flown with the new J class (some 777), whilst others are flown with the old and dreaded 2-3-2 nasty J seats (A 380). How often does BA change their equipment? I really don't want to risk flying in the old J cabin.

Thank you very much.
1. Incorrect. BA-marketed flights operated by BA, AA, or IB (or any combination thereof) are all eligible for the discount.
4. In my experience, BA do a fair bit of aircraft swapping — not just day-of operational swaps, but selling an aircraft type that might not actually operate the route — so it's hard to know for sure. The closer your travel dates, the more certainty you can have in the operating fleet type. The 78X and 351 are both 100% Club Suites, as well as a majority of the 772 (90% Club Suites) and 77W (70% Club Suites).
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by olouie
Sadly no AARP discounts with OpenJaws :-(
It works with open jaw. In the fine print of AARP, it states open jaw itineraries do not qualify for the discount. But it worked for me and others who have posted on this thread.

Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

to OP!
Waiting for *Group to respond
(possibly to OW hubs)
Barkinpark and markiedawg like this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Anegada
1. Incorrect. BA-marketed flights operated by BA, AA, or IB (or any combination thereof) are all eligible for the discount.
4. In my experience, BA do a fair bit of aircraft swapping — not just day-of operational swaps, but selling an aircraft type that might not actually operate the route — so it's hard to know for sure. The closer your travel dates, the more certainty you can have in the operating fleet type. The 78X and 351 are both 100% Club Suites, as well as a majority of the 772 (90% Club Suites) and 77W (70% Club Suites).
When I try the AARP / Chase combo on any itinerary that includes AA long haul, I get an error message when inputting the Chase code. The AA flight has a BA flight number. This has happened to me in the past. I think it has to be all BA metal to get the Chase discount.
Barkinpark, IggySD and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:05 pm

Thank you again.

AARP discount--can I buy multiple tickets in one transaction (for me and my partner) with a single AARP membership?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
I believe you can buy for others if it's in the same record as yours.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by mchangmd
It works with open jaw. In the fine print of AARP, it states open jaw itineraries do not qualify for the discount. But it worked for me and others who have posted on this thread.
Nice, when I try from Sfo it just throws out no flights found. Take away AARP and it shows up. Very odd.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:37 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Now, if only the morons at BA would unlock my account, I could apply the CHASEBA10 code. I guess this is revenue lost for them...
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:42 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I think only FRA is available from SEA:

I ended up booking to FRA, maybe I am lucky and a schedule change will allow me to rebook to/from ZRH...
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
<deleted>. The deal is still alive.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thank you again.

AARP discount--can I buy multiple tickets in one transaction (for me and my partner) with a single AARP membership?
Yes you can buy multiple tickets using the AARP / Chase combo
Old Jul 16, 2023, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Nice, when I try from Sfo it just throws out no flights found. Take away AARP and it shows up. Very odd.
Try restarting your computer. I got the same strange error message last night. I restarted my computer and all was well. Make sure all your BA pages are closed and start fresh from AARP.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 4:28 pm

I've flown BA in F and J in the last 10 months and just booked another J fare from IAD to FCO for Easter. In all three bookings, BA metal was required for the chase discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.