Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld LAX to VIE, ZRH, MUC, FRA (RT) $2379-2453

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2023, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Gold

If you’re looking for somewhere to go this thanksgiving, saw some biz tickets round trip from LAX to the cities mentioned above. Mostly BA metal, some IB and AA options as well. Snagged a segment on AY on the outbound (though it’s not on their new product).

Last edited by markiedawg; Jul 16, 2023 at 8:55 am Reason: Grammar errors
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:29 am

Works from SFO, SJC too. Down to $2,000-2100 with AARP and Chase codes. Great deal. Random dates until EOS for me.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
It's great that for those looking for additional TPs or just additional mileage, the fare is good from all surrounding airports with at least 3 connections available (but you can't use the AARP/Chase scheme):

becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Works from SFO, SJC too. Down to $2,000-2100 with AARP and Chase codes. Great deal. Random dates until EOS for me.
Might be part of:
BA LAX-AMS/CDG in J. $2000

and I think the same thing a couple months ago.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:46 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Nothing from SEA...:-(
Arsene Wenger likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:47 am

Open-jaws work as well. LAX-ZRH / GVA-LAX, for example.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:53 am

AARP+CHASEBA10
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Very nice deal. Thanks OP
markiedawg likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:40 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Nice- was $2054 in May for LAX-MUC, Now $2025 (with both AARP & Chase).
Booked for next April
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all the additional dates and cities folks! I'm tempted to book another flight next spring/summer. or heck another trip this Christmas
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
Open-jaws work as well. LAX-ZRH / GVA-LAX, for example.
Sadly no AARP discounts with OpenJaws :-(
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:22 am

Does the Chase discount apply to Chase Sapphire cardholders ?

And is there a place to enter both the AARP and chase promo codes?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Does the Chase discount apply to Chase Sapphire cardholders ?

And is there a place to enter both the AARP and chase promo codes?
Yes, you can stack the promotions. You need to have an AARP account, login, and click through the AARP website to British Airways, where the fares shown will reflect the AARP discount. The CHASEBA10 discount can be applied during the checkout step for a further 10% off.
sfvoyage, becks1 and himang like this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Anegada
Yes, you can stack the promotions. You need to have an AARP account, login, and click through the AARP website to British Airways, where the fares shown will reflect the AARP discount. The CHASEBA10 discount can be applied during the checkout step for a further 10% off.
Thanks for this!

On BA website, I need to enter the departure and return dates, and later I can see 7 days at a glance. Is there a better (e.g. daily calendar view for a full month) in order to more easily find the dates with the best fares, since I am flexible with my dates? (Sorry, I am a BA newbie.)

Also, when I try to enter the chaseba10 promo code, I got a message that I need to first log into my executive club account. So I'll need to open a BA account first, is that right? (But I can still credit mileage later to my AA account?)

Last edited by sfvoyage; Jul 16, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Thanks for this!

On BA website, I need to enter the departure and return dates, and later I can see 7 days at a glance. Is there a better (e.g. daily calendar view for a full month) in order to more easily find the dates with the best fares, since I am flexible with my dates? (Sorry, I am a BA newbie.)

Also, when I try to enter the chaseba10 promo code, I got a message that I need to first log into my executive club account. So I'll need to open a BA account first, is that right? (But I can still credit mileage later to my AA account?)
My personal approach is to use a tool like Google Flights or ITA Matrix to search for itineraries since their interface is more intuitive and offers a longer-range view. Once I know what I want to book, I'll go back to BA and search for the precise dates + itinerary on their website. BA IT isn't the best, so I prefer to keep my transactions there straightforward and do the legwork on other websites.

You will need to log in to your BA Executive Club account to apply the Chase discount, but can change your FF number later in Manage My Booking (which will also allow you to select seats free of charge if you have OW status via AA).
sfvoyage likes this.

Last edited by Anegada; Jul 16, 2023 at 12:34 pm Reason: additional detail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.