Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CAI GRU Return QR Qsuite 1160 euros

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CAI GRU Return QR Qsuite 1160 euros

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
I dont know on a way back as I have skipped the last leg
Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Philipp Bauer
Was your CAI DOH leg on MS? I am under the impression that this was the only way to get it ticketed anyway
It was issued with MS on both ways CAI-DOH and DOH-CAI
Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:25 am

This one is back to belo horizonte and seems bookable on latam , previous options via egyptair possible +150 example
Old Jul 20, 2023, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by modjo
This one is back to belo horizonte and seems bookable on latam , previous options via egyptair possible +150 example

Lower your horizon to Paraguay to lose a significant chunk of the fare.

But I'd urge a reality check: it remains the same awkward deal with uncertainty about the Cairo Doha sectors, and confusion about where to stash the rewards. Qatar should credit avios, but not BA: but there'll be few of them (no status boost) and there won't be any status-earning Q-points, certainly no BA tier-points.

Add to that the costs of getting to and from Cairo and any additional accommodation required, and for me it gets even less attractive.

It's a great fare for someone in Cairo who needs to get to Brasil/Paraguay and/or someone who wants to gamble on getting a very long flight in Qsuites.

Now if it were ticketed by Qatar, my calculation would be different

It's also a great fare for those who enjoy playing on keyboards: I found I could extend from Asuncion to Buenos Aires via a two-day marathon carrying me first to Sao Paulo then across the Andes to Santiago before heading back across the mountains to AEP, Buenos Aires' downtown airport.
Fritz, more4less, Reglo and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Hi
could you expand in your South American extension? In any case can also be good for Delta and / or Latam frequent flyer programme
Old Jul 22, 2023, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by john1987
Hi
could you expand in your South American extension? In any case can also be good for Delta and / or Latam frequent flyer programme

i was only playing around on a train journey. You might try switching to the multi flight option of GF and add ASU AEP then EZE CAI (or any other combination of sectors), after finding a suitable round-trip CAI ASU itinerary.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You might try switching to the multi flight option of GF and add ASU AEP then EZE CAI (or any other combination of sectors), after finding a suitable round-trip CAI ASU itinerary.
I have been trying to recreate your routing for some time now, using the inbound route CAI ASU as a basis. You mentioned SCL in your previous post, is it necessary to include Santiago?
Outbound: ASU (SCL?) AEP EZE CAI?

So far I always end up with 8K - 10K EUR.
Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2023, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Reglo
I have been trying to recreate your routing for some time now, using the inbound route CAI ASU as a basis. You mentioned SCL in your previous post, is it necessary to include Santiago?
Outbound: ASU (SCL?) AEP EZE CAI?

So far I always end up with 8K - 10K EUR.
Thanks!

I had ASU Buenos Aires (i.e, EZE or AEP) as one sector of my query. The idea was to create something with interest for me beyond a MR (I have many reasons to visit Buenos Aires, nothing in Asuncion), In the end I gave up for reasons I outlined above: mainly because it would be an expensive trip after including positioning costs, and the FFP benefits were small - or non-existent.

ASU GRU SCL AEP came up as a serendipitous offshoot of my playing around. I hadn't asked for GRU or SCL to be included. I noted the result simply because of its oddity and impracticability (duration over 2 days with long stop-overs at one or both of the intermediate airports). Sadly I didn't consider preserving it in a screenshot.

I wouldn't try too hard to replicate this. These things might be single date anomalies that come and go. But I hope you find an itinerary that satisfies you !
Reglo and 336 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:57 am

Hi, Do you remember if that swapped 777 had a wifi on board?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 1:08 pm

THANKS
Old Jul 23, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
Originally Posted by Reglo
I always end up with 8K - 10K EUR.
Thanks!
Had some success selecting CAI-DOH-GRU-MVD (with 2hr connections) as the outbound and GIG-GRU-LIS on the return leg for 1,366.
Reglo and heliot2009 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
Nagolnagol u got it ticketed without any issues with QR "C" legs from/to CAI ?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 9:24 am

May I ask the 3 first numbers of your ticket?
is it LATAM OR QR?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:58 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
CAI - MVD - $1365

Google Flights

Qatar operated to GRU then LATAM to MVD

CAI - ASU - $1400
Old Aug 22, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
It's still the same fare but you probably won't get QR flights ticketed between CAI and DOH so you have to choose of slightly more expensive connecting flights on MS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.