Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KLM: KUL to CGK from $214 (30 XPs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM: KUL to CGK from $214 (30 XPs)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:55 am

Crikey - it used to be full service. With Champagne. Hopefully will get back to normal soon!
lsquare and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:13 am

Just thinking if there will also be a house for souvenir too? SIN-DPS, used to provide
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by tboons
Just thinking if there will also be a house for souvenir too? SIN-DPS, used to provide
You used to receive one on this route too.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:51 am

Last January: yes
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Last January: yes
Have thought of flying round trips every weekend from EZE-SCL-EZE until I collect all of the houses 😂
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:20 pm

Tempted to fly! Just thinking if they provide amenity kit…
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
On a two-hour trip?
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I think you should be able to ask for them though they wont be provided by default.

My better half asked for one on a short SQ flight between BKK and SIN and they happily provided much to her delight.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 10:40 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by night718
This flight was great when I took it last December. Access to Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge before the flight, boarding drinks in glassware, a mini sandwich (our flight had lobster or veggie), and you get one of the famous Delft Blue houses filled with Gin as a souvenir.
KLM uses Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge in KUL? If I booked the KML Business seat and flew from KUL to Jakarta, would I get access to the Malayasia Airlines First Class Lounge if I am OneWorld Emerald?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
KLM uses Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge in KUL? If I booked the KML Business seat and flew from KUL to Jakarta, would I get access to the Malayasia Airlines First Class Lounge if I am OneWorld Emerald?
I wouldn't think so. KLM is SkyTeam.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:03 am

No. And I’m almost sure you will get not to golden lounge but to the renewed one, airport lounge. It’s pretty good but not to the level of golden.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by cruser1
I wouldn't think so. KLM is SkyTeam.
Originally Posted by Sauraigne
No. And I’m almost sure you will get not to golden lounge but to the renewed one, airport lounge. It’s pretty good but not to the level of golden.
KLM has a special partnership with Malaysia Airlines and uses the Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge at KUL. I was there in December and there are plenty of videos and reviews of this route which shows the same.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and Pedersens like this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by night718
KLM has a special partnership with Malaysia Airlines and uses the Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge at KUL. I was there in December and there are plenty of videos and reviews of this route which shows the same.
Correct, you'll get to use the Golden Lounge. You just won't be able to access the first class lounge since KLM is SkyTeam and Malaysia is oneworld so that status won't be recognized.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by cruser1
Correct, you'll get to use the Golden Lounge. You just won't be able to access the first class lounge since KLM is SkyTeam and Malaysia is oneworld so that status won't be recognized.
Thanks. I was hoping for too much ;-)
Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I recall kits were provided on CGK-KUL but not KUL-CGK. This was pre-Covid.

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I think you should be able to ask for them though they wont be provided by default.

My better half asked for one on a short SQ flight between BKK and SIN and they happily provided much to her delight.
But this isn't SQ. KL is a lot more proactive with what's on offer. You won't have to go around asking for a delft blue house giveaway, for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.