Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

KLM: KUL to CGK from $214 (30 XPs)

Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Another good KLM 5th Freedom Flight, this time from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. This works well for weekend getaways. I have been looking at fares on this and other KLM 5th Freedoms and never seen it below $300.

The fares book into O Class so this would earn 30 XPs roundtrip with FlyingBlue

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
MaxFlyer, MaxVO, mikeyfly and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:02 am

I bought this fare a few months ago when it was $164. I'm wondering if it will drop back down next month after G20.
lsquare, MaxVO and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by night718
I bought this fare a few months ago when it was $164. I'm wondering if it will drop back down next month after G20.
Wow didn't see it that low... although to be honest I look at every few months
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:23 am

Seeing many days now for $143 although other days have shot up to over $300.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:59 pm

This fare has been back for a few weeks! Starting in Nov to end of schedule you can fly one-way for $153 in business.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...EsGZH6wdgp6mdA

night718 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:11 pm

This flight was great when I took it last December. Access to Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge before the flight, boarding drinks in glassware, a mini sandwich (our flight had lobster or veggie), and you get one of the famous Delft Blue houses filled with Gin as a souvenir.
Venezuela-Miami and java1 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:19 pm

you better eat your heart out in the MH lounge. While MH provides hot food in Y on this segment, KLM serves a mini sandwich in J only…. And no champagne, but cava.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
you better eat your heart out in the MH lounge. While MH provides hot food in Y on this segment, KLM serves a mini sandwich in J only…. And no champagne, but cava.
...are we really at a point where if someone doesn't eat anything on a two-hour flight, they need to gorge themselves in the lounge beforehand?
dvs7310, IggySD and irishguy28 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by steveholt
...are we really at a point where if someone doesn't eat anything on a two-hour flight, they need to gorge themselves in the lounge beforehand?
Yes.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Wow didn't see it that low... although to be honest I look at every few months

Reports might be confusing one-way and round-trip fares
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k
We did this February the other way around. CGK->KUL, US$150 one way. The overall experience was ok but not great. KLM didn't open check in until less than 2.5 hours before departure and the lines where huge (even at business). Then the flight was delayed and we didn't get into KUL until midnight or so. The flight and the plane were nice but it's a really short flight. We booked it mainly because it was more or less the cheapest option on the day we were flying.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW, there was a report in the KLM forum that a full tray meal was due to return to these short fifth-freedom routes (KUL-CGK, SIN-DPS) in late March.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35107339-post607.html
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
FWIW, there was a report in the KLM forum that a full tray meal was due to return to these short fifth-freedom routes (KUL-CGK, SIN-DPS) in late March.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35107339-post607.html
Wonder if that would include EZE-SCL
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Are these KL fifth freedom routes generally priced low and easy to buy or they're rare?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Are these KL fifth freedom routes generally priced low and easy to buy or they're rare?
No, fifth freedom routes are not always cheaper. The person that posted right before you mentioned EZE to SCL. If you look at that route, KL is often $50-$100 more expensive than LATAM on a roundtrip economy flight.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.