Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudia: TUN to CGK/BKK from USD 960

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Tunis has been the source of various cheap Saudia fares, these are now below 1000 USD which is pretty good value since TUN is easily accessible from most of Europe on a short flight... Usual warnings, the airline is DRY, long layovers at times in the middle of the night and yes some of the cheapest fares are bookable via OTAs...

Tunis-Jakarta
Delta flyers would obtain 13956 MQMs and 2791 MQDs or a 2.90 MQD Ratio on this ticket.
FlyingBlue members would obtain 24 XPs for TUN-JED and 30 XPs for JED-CGK or 108 XPs Round-trip or instant FlyingBlue Silver status...

Book Flights Here!

Tunis-Bangkok
Delta flyers would obtain 12192 MQMs and 2438 MQDs or a 2.52 MQD Ratio on this ticket.
FlyingBlue members would obtain 24 XPs for TUN-JED and 30 XPs for JED-BKK or 108 XPs Round-trip or instant FlyingBlue Silver status...

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Available directly on SV for USD1,308.02 in Business Flex (USD 80 cancellation fee), USD 1,020 in Business Restricted (USD 147 cancellation fee)
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
CGK is so tempting but third trip with SV within 6 months??? ...
mlqsko likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: Many
CGK stops after Dec 19.
Any idea why?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bodory
CGK stops after Dec 19.
Any idea why?
Look a little more carefully, and fares drop back again after 01 Jan 2023

Let's see….. maybe airlines expect some sort of annual festival thing creating a surge in demand during the last days of December?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfkeze
.... TUN is easily accessible from most of Europe on a short flight...
Tunis is a delightful destination in its own right, but after some years off the market, it can still be awkward and expensive to get there from many parts of Europe. France is the big exception, but routes connecting through France can be pricey. Frankfurt and some Italian airports can offer useful connections.

An alternative might be low-cost or charter flights direct to Enfidha, then by rail/bus to Tunis: awkward, but at least cheap
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Booked, during Christmas!

Incl. the feeder flight (in economy), this is cheaper than economy and should secure Flying Blue Gold for another year! Thanks!

Also booked the sale fare from Ams - Dxb earlier and let's say I am really hoping for a schedule change (see the other thread)!
jfkeze and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I'm JED now - the long layover here is meh - depends on your appetite for cheap business class fares. I'll probably take the airport hotel next time instead of the lounge - which is new and ok; far from other airlines from the region.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Tunis is a delightful destination in its own right, but after some years off the market, it can still be awkward and expensive to get there from many parts of Europe. France is the big exception, but routes connecting through France can be pricey. Frankfurt and some Italian airports can offer useful connections.

An alternative might be low-cost or charter flights direct to Enfidha, then by rail/bus to Tunis: awkward, but at least cheap
Or the ferry from either France or Italy.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Or the ferry from either France or Italy.
Yeah, i was thinking of that: the ferry puts you in La Goulette - a tad closer to TUN than Enfidha I've only done the Marseille route: fun but not a budget option in terms time or cash …..
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:35 pm

I have decided to pull the trigger on TUN-CGK.
My feeder AF flight from CPH is 216€ which I find to be OK. (128 Flying blue XP points for the whole trip).
jfkeze and Maestro Ramen like this.

Last edited by Stil; Oct 2, 2022 at 12:41 pm
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I was in Tunisia back in 2017, being BCN based at the time it was a short hop on Tunisair. I stayed at the Sheraton which was acceptable. Took taxis (don't forget to bargain) to the Bardo National Museum, it was weird to still see the bullet holes across several exhibits at the time.

The museum was interesting, I really wanted to visit Carthage but Mrs JFKEZE wasn't feeling that great so we decided to rest by the pools...

Bardo National Museum

Maestro Ramen and Stil like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
I was in Tunisia back in 2017, being BCN based at the time it was a short hop on Tunisair. I stayed at the Sheraton which was acceptable. Took taxis (don't forget to bargain) to the Bardo National Museum, it was weird to still see the bullet holes across several exhibits at the time.

The museum was interesting, I really wanted to visit Carthage but Mrs JFKEZE wasn't feeling that great so we decided to rest by the pools...

Bardo National Museum

Tanks, for the suggestion!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:23 pm

How is JED for connections, I have 1h15m?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Stil
How is JED for connections, I have 1h15m?
absolutely doable although I can imagine no time to freshen up in the lounge at all. Can be very much gate - security - gate.
Stil likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.