Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ATL LHR $2377 VS Upper class September

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL LHR $2377 VS Upper class September

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by cmd320
It really depends on the aircraft being used. VS's best seats (35K) are better than DL's best (359), Delta's worst seats (763) are worse than VS's worst seats (everything else in the fleet). Service on board the aircraft is generally going to be better all around on VS than it will be on DL. Also, the Clubhouse at LHR (if it ever reopens) is a few standard deviations better than the best thing DL has to offer.
I'll give you the seats but i find it very hard to believe the service is much better on VS than Delta. Delta excels at service on intl flights. I've only had one bad service in probably 90+ Delta ONE flights. And that was because one of the Delta ONE FAs called in sick and they were understaffed.

Clubhouse at LHR is amazing. One of my most favorite in the world -- and you're right -- much better than any Delta has in the world. But I've flown on a Delta flight (and delta metal) through LHR and Delta gets access to the Clubhouse without flying VS metal.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
But if flying Delta One you get the same access to the LHR Clubhouse as when flying Virgin Upper Class; in ATL Virgin and Delta also use the same SkyClub; so lounge access would seem to be a wash.
RIGHT
Old May 9, 2021, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
also, even on DL metal you can get a VS codeshare that dramatically increases RDMs and MQDs...
Does it dramatically increase MQMs MQDs -- with Delta's current MQD and MQM special going on?
Old May 9, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Correct assuming DL and VS are both operating out of T3 at that point. I believe everything is in T2 right now other than BA right? I'm assuming if VS is in fact opening the Clubhouse on 5/17, their flights will be operating out of T3 by then, but DL may not move back as quickly.
Correct. This is why the Clubhouse is reopening on 5/17 -- the T3 terminal is re-opening for both Delta and VS.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:26 pm

I am late to the party, but I can't find the deal on any of the Delta operated flights? I can only find on VS. Is it dead for delta metal?
Old May 9, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by aprilparrish
I am late to the party, but I can't find the deal on any of the Delta operated flights? I can only find on VS. Is it dead for delta metal?
Appears to still be alive.
Old May 9, 2021, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aprilparrish

And the only way I could get it on Delta metal for the days I was flying was to connect through Boston. Which I’m actually doing going to London because I need to get there earlier thanVS was going to get me there, coming back I’m just flying VS direct To Atlanta. This was around Labor Day though
Old May 10, 2021, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
And the only way I could get it on Delta metal for the days I was flying was to connect through Boston. Which I’m actually doing going to London because I need to get there earlier thanVS was going to get me there, coming back I’m just flying VS direct To Atlanta. This was around Labor Day though
I was able to find and confirm availability on the direct ATL-LHR flights in Feb (when the deal was first posted on Saturday)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.