Ay: Jfk-bkk $2689

AY: JFK-BKK $2689 business class with long layovers

https://flights.app.goo.gl/6qmRW9

katstarr and washeelers747 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by greendx
AY: JFK-BKK $2689 business class with long layovers

https://flights.app.goo.gl/6qmRW9

Pretty standard fare from Finnair JFK to BKK. You can find the Finnair-only flights for about the same price.

Last edited by Global321; Mar 18, 2021 at 9:29 am
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Yes, the AY cheap flights have been around for quite some time. I sometimes see them at about 3K from DC area airports. My issue is that they typically have long trip times due to long layovers in HEL.

Last edited by mcgahat; Mar 20, 2021 at 8:03 am
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: DL plat
It's AY, not EY. EY is Etihad
Global321 and mcgahat like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Yes, the EY cheap flights have been around for quite some time. I sometimes see them at about 3K from DC area airports. My issue is that they typically have long trip times due to long layovers in HEL.

Yup. Did the 8 hours in the lounge in HEL many times. Nice lounge but, man that is tough.

Originally Posted by 15cats
It's AY, not EY. EY is Etihad
Oops! Corrected. thanks!
mcgahat likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Beware that these "basic J" fares come with seat selection fees. Sapphires and Emeralds should be exempt by calling in to assign seats.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:11 pm
Suspended

As of now, can't pretty much no one enter Finland?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by 747-800i
As of now, can't pretty much no one enter Finland?
Correct, but that's of course temporary. And transits can be done airside, it hasn't changed. Actually even a landside transit maybe permitted, if you e.g. need to visit the check-in counter or an airport hotel, if there's e.g. a flight cancellation.

However nobody in their righteous mind would book AY longhauls for the upcoming months anyway, taken there's hardly any longhaul AY flights and it's uncertain when flights will be ramped up and cancellations can be expected.

And like others have said: this is not a discounted deal. It's a standard fare.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Correct, but that's of course temporary. And transits can be done airside, it hasn't changed. Actually even a landside transit maybe permitted, if you e.g. need to visit the check-in counter or an airport hotel, if there's e.g. a flight cancellation.

However nobody in their righteous mind would book AY longhauls for the upcoming months anyway, taken there's hardly any longhaul AY flights and it's uncertain when flights will be ramped up and cancellations can be expected.

And like others have said: this is not a discounted deal. It's a standard fare.
I DO miss those ~$3k AY fares JFK-HEL-HKG, SIN-HEL-JFK with stopovers in HEL both directions. I got a LOT of value out of those and like 40k EQM, will be nice when we can get back to using those fares. I miss Hotel Kamp!
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:41 pm

I DO miss those ~$3k AY fares JFK-HEL-HKG, SIN-HEL-JFK with stopovers in HEL both directions. I got a LOT of value out of those and like 40k EQM, will be nice when we can get back to using those fares.
I would rather depart ex-LAX or ex-SFO for AAdvantage, if from North America.

I miss Hotel Kamp!
IMO it's an overrated hotel. They had a quite cheap staycation deal last year, but had no interest taking it.

If I'd advise on hotels and I'd have Hilton status, I'd stay at their Hakaniemi property. The airport and Kalastajatorppa properties aren't of interest, if one really wants to see even a glimpse of the city. With Radisson, the local alternatives are more appealing. IHG is also viable and has prime locations. Best Western is unfortunately no longer available in the capital region. These are just some quick remarks and purely based on international chains present, while assuming one would have a loyalty program affiliation and like to use it. Outside it, there's of course more options to consider for a HEL stopover/layover.

But like I said: I advise against booking AY longhauls for any travel that's within the next few months or so. My gut feeling is that prior to August or September there's no chance for easy landside visits.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:03 am
Suspended

Not sure how you're talking about staying at Best Western and calling Kamp overrated, it's perhaps my favorite hotel in Scandinavia!
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:44 am

Not sure how you're talking about staying at Best Western and calling Kamp overrated, it's perhaps my favorite hotel in Scandinavia!
Truth to be told, it's just a bed and shower with some added prestige. If I pay for nostalgia (which I at times do), I'd at least want it to be the original Kämp and not a reconstructed one, which the current one is.

And I never compared apples and oranges. I only mentioned what hotel loyalty based options there are for a HEL layover/stopover, since hotel accommodation was mentioned. FT'ers usually value points earning/award redemption options.
mcgahat likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
AY has JFK-SIN available for $2644 with the long layover in HEL.
cmd320 and greendx like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.