Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

ST : MAD-SFO 1205€ and MAD-YVR 1045€ in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ST : MAD-SFO 1205€ and MAD-YVR 1045€ in J

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc
do you mean free cash refund?
Yes. All tickets. As long as departure is before DEC31 2021.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Yes. All tickets. As long as departure is before DEC31 2021.
i went to KLM site, their global refund policy says only about refundable travel voucher, however the separate section for Brazil mentions about cash refund which is not applicable to this deal.

2. Request a refund in the form of a refundable travel voucher

If you choose to postpone your trip, we will provide you with a refund in the form of a travel voucher.
  • If your travel voucher is issued between 1 March 2019 and 31 December 2020, you can use your voucher until 31 December 2021 on KLM, Air France, Delta Air Lines, and Virgin Atlantic flights. Vouchers that are issued on or after 1 January 2021, will be valid for 1 year after the date of issue.
  • You can use your voucher to book a flight that takes place after the expiry date of the voucher.
  • If the amount of your voucher is greater than the price of your new booking, you'll receive another voucher for the remaining balance.
  • Your travel voucher is refundable.

https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/flight_update/index.htm

The last bullet, it says the voucher is refundable, so that means, after we request to cancel, the default is to issue a voucher, then we can request to convert that voucher to refund to the original form of payment?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Yes, both AF/KL offer free refunds in the form of a voucher that can later be refunded as cash for flights before 31 dec 2021. This is covid policy and it applies to all tickets irrespective of what the fare rules are.
Travel-Quinten and maverikbc like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by LakerAirwaysDC10
I found availability on BCN-CDG-LHR-SFO with both ways LHR-SFO on VS metal. The whole thing can be ticketed on delta.com 006 stock with all AF flight numbers. This seems great at first but will actually not earn any Skymiles on the long flight because VS is not a SkyTeam airline: "Mileage credit is not applicable to a SkyTeam-marketed flight operated by another airline."
How do you build that route? I was trying to work it out but not sure how to replicate it? Did you use the Matrix?
Matrix is your friend. You need to input the specific connecting airports and then use ITA power tools to get the itinerary on Delta website.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Assume ST = sky team alliance? Not really clear in original post.

If so which Skyteam website and which metal? I see references to VS, AF, DL and YVR (?) above. Not sure why it is necessary to be so cryptic. If you are going to share please make it easy to follow.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Sorry Boraxo but I dont think the title is misleading. For those who follows premium cabin deals daily I guess the title is perfectly clear. What else it would be, other than Sky Team?
Tofino87, Zorak, Mailand and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.