FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   ST : MAD-SFO 1205€ and MAD-YVR 1045€ in J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2036525-st-mad-sfo-1205-mad-yvr-1045-j.html)

jhmili Mar 24, 2021 3:08 am

ST : MAD-SFO 1205€ and MAD-YVR 1045€ in J

Hi guys,

If SFO-MAD is around 1250€, reverse route is around 1205 € but YVR-SFO is 1045€ with SkyTeam airlines..
ie : MAD-YVR the 5 october 2021 and YVR-MAD the 26 october for 1045€ in J.
ie : MAD-SFO the 12 october and retunr SFO-MAD the 25 october for 1205 € in J

Have a good flight after COVID vaccination !

gbenoit Mar 24, 2021 3:22 am

great fare !exBCN is same price.
I booked for oct2021 BCN YVR 1044€ - 120xp - Class Z.
with AF/KL policies : flights cancelled = rebooked +/- 30j cabin to cabin / after that class-to-class.
You can choose any flights cancelled maybe (CDG AMS or BCN CDG)...
Happy holiday

Tofino87 Mar 24, 2021 3:57 am

Anyway to force these to give VS both ways TATL?

David7 Mar 24, 2021 5:17 am

I found availability on BCN-CDG-LHR-SFO with both ways LHR-SFO on VS metal. The whole thing can be ticketed on delta.com 006 stock with all AF flight numbers. This seems great at first but will actually not earn any Skymiles on the long flight because VS is not a SkyTeam airline: "Mileage credit is not applicable to a SkyTeam-marketed flight operated by another airline."

Deckter Mar 24, 2021 7:54 am

If anyone is wondering, there are many more destinations in the US that work under this fare. Availability until EOB

NextWhiteDeath Mar 24, 2021 9:39 am

Originally Posted by David7 (Post 33122700)
I found availability on BCN-CDG-LHR-SFO with both ways LHR-SFO on VS metal. The whole thing can be ticketed on delta.com 006 stock with all AF flight numbers. This seems great at first but will actually not earn any Skymiles on the long flight because VS is not a SkyTeam airline: "Mileage credit is not applicable to a SkyTeam-marketed flight operated by another airline."

Would that apply in this situation as all 3 airline are in a JV across the atlantic?

Tofino87 Mar 24, 2021 10:04 am

Brill, thanks. I’m actually looking for the VS points, and gather these should credit at 200% which is handy.

Zorak Mar 24, 2021 11:17 am

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath (Post 33123249)
Would that apply in this situation as all 3 airline are in a JV across the atlantic?

It doesn't say "unless there's a JV", it says "mileage credit is only applicable to SkyTeam-marketed flights operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Mileage credit is not applicable to a SkyTeam-marketed flight operated by another airline." VS is not a SkyTeam member airline.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners

Some related threads from the DL forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...d-flights.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...tic-metal.html

(but yes, this is only relevant if you intend to credit to DL)

Deckter Mar 24, 2021 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87 (Post 33123304)
Brill, thanks. I’m actually looking for the VS points, and gather these should credit at 200% which is handy.

There are some routings that give more than 30k virgin miles

Flyingfares Mar 25, 2021 5:12 am

ANC is also possible from various airports in Spain for about the same price. It should be bookable with KLM.

Jh1978 Mar 25, 2021 7:13 am

Am I correct in thinking that UK citizens wont be able to make use of this route any time in the coming months?

If so, is there an alternative? I know the return can in some cases, include a layover in LHR, but getting to spain to begin is the issue.

Thanks!

Deckter Mar 25, 2021 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Jh1978 (Post 33125250)
Am I correct in thinking that UK citizens wont be able to make use of this route any time in the coming months?

If so, is there an alternative? I know the return can in some cases, include a layover in LHR, but getting to spain to begin is the issue.

Thanks!

Well, this fare only works starting from October in the first place. By then hopefully, brits will be allowed off the island and into the US. KL/AF offer free refunds for flights before 2022 anyway, so not much risk there.

BTW, all alliances seem to match these fares.

offvoice Mar 25, 2021 8:32 am

You can also work out inbound to SFO, outbound from LAX for roughly the same price.

LakerAirwaysDC10 Mar 25, 2021 11:01 am

How do you build that route? I was trying to work it out but not sure how to replicate it? Did you use the Matrix?

maverikbc Mar 25, 2021 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Deckter (Post 33125401)
KL/AF offer free refunds for flights before 2022 anyway, so not much risk there.

do you mean free cash refund?

I haven't checked KL, but AF Z fare rule says non refundable, I can't find penalty amount for both cancellation and changes, so right now, I assume voluntary cancellations can only be converted to vouchers with limited expiry?