Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

€1562-1648 ams - dps qr/tk Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

€1562-1648 ams - dps qr/tk Business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Yes, this seems to be the rumour ongoing - but if you've never been to those inferior OW status based lounges at DOH, be prepared. The last time I visited one (because I had guests flying in Y and was guesting) it was small, very crowded and not the most relaxing place to be. It was close to standing room only during the peak hours. If I remember correctly, no difference between being a OW Saph or Emerald .

Cheers!
Can confirm. DOH OW lounges are nothing to wait for. At times there is cigarette smoke floating in the room, awful.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
hi, nice price, how do you know it is the new R fare?
keen on booking but would want lounge access
TIA
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Rifter
Can confirm. DOH OW lounges are nothing to wait for. At times there is cigarette smoke floating in the room, awful.
The First-class lounge is fine, the business-class one less so. Both can get rammed, but I've been shunted off to AM when F-class was uncomfortably full. I've never been troubled by smoke.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Paolo1972
TIA
The OP states that it looks like the new R fare ...and it is. Here's some info on TLFL about the new business class option.
Paolo1972 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Paolo1972
TIA
If you replicate the booking on QR's website you'll see it comes up as an R "Classic" Fare.
Paolo1972 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:36 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
At the moment TK doesn t offer proper hot meals even in business class, so its a tough choice.
Now it does. Visit the TK forum for details...
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ft101
If you replicate the booking on QR's website you'll see it comes up as an R "Classic" Fare.

But note there is nothing at all classic about this R-designated business-class fare. Clear, accurate communication is not a hallmark of QR.

CLASSIC means "representative of its kind", even "of the highest quality". But this is a sub-standard, basic fare with no lounge access, no seat selection.

If you want lounge access you'll have to buy it: and add another couple of hundred euros to the cost of your trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.