FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   TAAG: JNB-MVD (Uruguay) $250 ow / $600 rt in Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2014409-taag-jnb-mvd-uruguay-250-ow-600-rt-business.html)

cheltzel Dec 5, 2020 9:01 am

According to the Taag website, they only fly to five destinations within Angola and two international destinations (LIS and GRU). And on a very constrained schedule (LAS-GRU 1x weekly and LAD-LIS 3x weekly).

Routes and Timetables | TAAG.

I tried to use the Taag website to book flights between JNB and LAD for dates I found on some of the OTAs and I could not book the flights on the Taag website.

Doesn't give me enough confidence to give anybody my credit card info over the 'net.

nilsrtw Dec 5, 2020 9:47 am

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 32864132)
(16)pe.penalties

changes any time changes permitted for reissue/revalidation. Note - for travel to fnc one free change allowed in both directions if travel is on carrier u2 - easy jet easyjet due to bad weather delay only. cancellations any time cancellations permitted for cancel/refund.

Thanks, didn't think about that. Although I doubt they care.. but one more for the chargeback case.

Originally Posted by Freddorick (Post 32864439)
Haha they informed you via email that they don’t do email? You got the love this airline!

Haha, no that was via facebook. Because that's different then email. Obviously :D

pushmyredbutton Dec 5, 2020 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Freddorick (Post 32864439)
Haha they informed you via email that they don’t do email? You got the love this airline!

I've been getting the same type of responses. Basically:

1. Flights cancelled
2. Fare rules allow refund

Not even dealing with TAAG, just did a Chase dispute after the OTA denied every request.

nufnuf77 Dec 7, 2020 9:41 am

This sounds almost like my fights with Jetstar and Vietjet vietnam.... credit cards are a way to go by the sounds of it

CDKing Dec 14, 2020 2:33 pm

I was able to dispute. Charges removed. I received letter in the mail from bank because merchant is disputing the dispute. Thanks for the fare rules above, I'm going to attach along with my other documentation.

boggs Dec 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton (Post 32865352)
I've been getting the same type of responses. Basically:

1. Flights cancelled
2. Fare rules allow refund

Not even dealing with TAAG, just did a Chase dispute after the OTA denied every request.

I am a platinum Chase user (if that means anything - clearly does not) and I disputed a clerical error DL made on a ticket (very weird double-charge for one ticket. Becuase it was more than 90 days after the transaction, Chase said SOL. I sent additional documentation and ran around in circles (I had to fax it) and got nothing at the end. Then I texted DL support and they issued the refund on the spot (it hit the card in a few days). I hope your chase experience is better! I am never putting tickets on chase after this (though it resolved successfully but no thanks to Chase)

keitherson Dec 15, 2020 3:28 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 32885859)
I was able to dispute. Charges removed. I received letter in the mail from bank because merchant is disputing the dispute. Thanks for the fare rules above, I'm going to attach along with my other documentation.

Those fare rules were for the fare I booked. There were also nonrefundable fares available, as they were cheaper one-way business class fares from CPT and JNB. If you paid around $250 then it should be the same one.

Palal Dec 15, 2020 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by boggs (Post 32886029)
I am a platinum Chase user (if that means anything - clearly does not) and I disputed a clerical error DL made on a ticket (very weird double-charge for one ticket. Becuase it was more than 90 days after the transaction, Chase said SOL. I sent additional documentation and ran around in circles (I had to fax it) and got nothing at the end. Then I texted DL support and they issued the refund on the spot (it hit the card in a few days). I hope your chase experience is better! I am never putting tickets on chase after this (though it resolved successfully but no thanks to Chase)

I had issues getting a refund from DL (it was the ALG-PDX deal, where AF took control of the ticket). After more than 6 months of runaround and delays by DL, I called up the CSR helpline and disputed the charge.

recki2016 Dec 28, 2020 9:08 am

Has anyone successfully postponed this trip for later dates without recalculating the fare?