FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   TAAG: JNB-MVD (Uruguay) $250 ow / $600 rt in Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2014409-taag-jnb-mvd-uruguay-250-ow-600-rt-business.html)

Palal Apr 3, 2020 7:43 am

Originally Posted by recki2016 (Post 32260195)
TAAG is the fully state-owned airline, so it's quite obvious they'll get it from the government.

The government may not have enough cash to do that, so they may have to downsize the airline.

mattanapura May 10, 2020 11:43 pm

Anyone who booked still have a valid ticket? checkmytrip shows the flights on TAAG as cancelled but still a valid ticketnumber etc.

pete_ncl May 10, 2020 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by mattanapura (Post 32365255)
Anyone who booked still have a valid ticket? checkmytrip shows the flights on TAAG as cancelled but still a valid ticketnumber etc.

I booked via eDreams for late Nov 2020 and flights still show as confirmed.

Where did you book and for which month/year??

mattanapura May 11, 2020 12:19 am

I booked via mytrips.com for mid february 21 and there everything is still confirmed, just the checkmytrip app show the flights as cancelled. And on TAAG website your cant check the booking.

wijibintheair May 11, 2020 3:03 am

Originally Posted by mattanapura (Post 32365300)
I booked via mytrips.com for mid february 21 and there everything is still confirmed, just the checkmytrip app show the flights as cancelled. And on TAAG website your cant check the booking.

I noticed that yesterday the TAAG website is not showing anything to/from South Africa after October. I suspect it has to do with South Africa still not announcing when they will open their borders.

nilsrtw May 11, 2020 3:12 am

I have a booking for late Feb but honestly wouldn't worry about it till late this year at least. I’m sure there will be lots of schedule changes/route cancellations or even worse.

veganryan May 11, 2020 4:57 am

Originally Posted by wijibintheair (Post 32365500)
I noticed that yesterday the TAAG website is not showing anything to/from South Africa after October. I suspect it has to do with South Africa still not announcing when they will open their borders.

Yes, I've seen this with multiple airlines. Had trouble looking for a booking with Kenya Airways for next Jan, because SA hasn't announced when flights will resume.

drvannostren May 11, 2020 6:57 am

There's plenty of time you can't even fly from like GRU-MVD for $250, this is a steal, IF your circumstances are right. I think Angola is pretty crazy expensive though and a bit hard to get into no? Great find either way, would be cool to fly on the random carrier.

veganryan May 11, 2020 8:02 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 32365802)
a bit hard to get into no? .

They have an online visa process for most countries now, pretty simple.

w000t May 11, 2020 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mattanapura (Post 32365300)

how were you able to view it on checkmytrip? what PNR did you enter?

pete_ncl May 11, 2020 11:47 pm

I installed checkmytrip app and checked my booking. TAAG flights appear as cancelled as well.

recki2016 May 27, 2020 10:15 am

Now TAAG flights seems to be fully (re)confirmed back as booked in C class. Same PNR, same etix nb, but 737-700 ex CPT planned now instead 772.

BCNforever May 27, 2020 7:22 pm

It looks like South Africa is closed until february 2021 https://onemileatatime.com/south-africa-tourism/
Any ideas if it's possible to reschedule easily?

wijibintheair May 28, 2020 1:50 am

Originally Posted by BCNforever (Post 32408993)
It looks like South Africa is closed until february 2021 https://onemileatatime.com/south-africa-tourism/
Any ideas if it's possible to reschedule easily?

I would not trust in that at all. The source used for that article has already proved invalid. The country moves to level 3 on the 1st June, 2 months ahead of the schedule on which the article is based. As other countries around South Africa start opening up to tourism (Tanzania has already done so, and I suspect Zambia and Namibia may soon follow), South Africa will find it hard not to do the same.

Flying for Fun May 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by wijibintheair (Post 32409534)
I would not trust in that at all. The source used for that article has already proved invalid. The country moves to level 3 on the 1st June, 2 months ahead of the schedule on which the article is based. As other countries around South Africa start opening up to tourism (Tanzania has already done so, and I suspect Zambia and Namibia may soon follow), South Africa will find it hard not to do the same.

It may be sooner but I doubt it will be a free-for-all. I can see that initially it will be from select countries who have managed COVID-19 well. It will be expanding bubbles, not a global welcoming. The US has recently banned flights from Brazil which makes sense because they haven't got their country under control yet.

James