FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   TAAG: JNB-MVD (Uruguay) $250 ow / $600 rt in Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2014409-taag-jnb-mvd-uruguay-250-ow-600-rt-business.html)

CantTurnRight Mar 29, 2020 7:25 am

Possible also to book it as follows:

CPT/JNB-LAD-GRU-MVD outbound

and return from GRU, not MVD, so:

GRU-LAD-CPT/JNB inbound

for the same fare.

I can find that on Opodo and Travelstart.co.za.

As for TAAG... I have flown CPT-LAD-GRU return in Business before. Outbound on the 773 older seat, and inbound on the dreadful 772 seat. The 773 seat is perfectly fine, but not absolutely 180° and great at this price. There are actually two versions of the 773 older seat. Both are fine. (Don’t mistake these with the 773 new seat that flies to Porto and Lisbon)
The 772 seat though is not worth any money, even this bargain price. It had me sliding down like the first SQ SpaceBed seat.

And the IFE only worked on one of the four flights on CPT-LAD-GRU-LAD-CPT - so take your iPad.

The service was fine. Nothing special. The food was also fine. As good as BA pre-DO&CO. It was served sometimes tray-service, sometimes place-set. It never seemed predictable. The champagne was great. Choice of Laurent Perrier NV and Moët NV.

pete_ncl Mar 29, 2020 9:56 am

Originally Posted by CantTurnRight (Post 32244190)
Possible also to book it as follows:

As for TAAG... I have flown CPT-LAD-GRU return in Business before. Outbound on the 773 older seat, and inbound on the dreadful 772 seat. The 773 seat is perfectly fine, but not absolutely 180° and great at this price. There are actually two versions of the 773 older seat. Both are fine. (Don’t mistake these with the 773 new seat that flies to Porto and Lisbon)
The 772 seat though is not worth any money, even this bargain price. It had me sliding down like the first SQ SpaceBed seat.

And the IFE only worked on one of the four flights on CPT-LAD-GRU-LAD-CPT - so take your iPad.

The service was fine. Nothing special. The food was also fine. As good as BA pre-DO&CO. It was served sometimes tray-service, sometimes place-set. It never seemed predictable. The champagne was great. Choice of Laurent Perrier NV and Moët NV.

That's a great review, thanks! I booked from JNB and 3 TAAG legs are on 773 and 1 on 772.

Where would I check which 773 I will be on (new vs old cabin)? Old looks quite bad, I like the new one!

Swissairasia Mar 29, 2020 10:27 am

Originally Posted by pete_ncl (Post 32244583)
That's a great review, thanks! I booked from JNB and 3 TAAG legs are on 773 and 1 on 772.

Where would I check which 773 I will be on (new vs old cabin)? Old looks quite bad, I like the new one!

New starts with row 3 in business class, old something around row 6.

As far as I have seen, the new one only is in service between OPO/LIS and LAD, so no luck for us in this fare.

pete_ncl Mar 29, 2020 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Swissairasia (Post 32244673)
New starts with row 3 in business class, old something around row 6.

As far as I have seen, the new one only is in service between OPO/LIS and LAD, so no luck for us in this fare.

It makes sense as routes to Portugal seem to be a priority for TAAG.

I checked seatguru but cannot see multiple configurations of 777-300ER (cannot post link yet).

Would you know where I can find them?

Swissairasia Mar 30, 2020 2:25 am

Originally Posted by pete_ncl (Post 32244857)
It makes sense as routes to Portugal seem to be a priority for TAAG.

I checked seatguru but cannot see multiple configurations of 777-300ER (cannot post link yet).

Would you know where I can find them?

I do not have the real seatmaps in a "designed graphic" version, but this is what I got from expertflyer...

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...493efdd4e7.png
New Business Config. 773
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4c193d57e7.png
Old Business Config. 773

pete_ncl Mar 30, 2020 2:53 am

Thanks!

nilsrtw Mar 30, 2020 1:20 pm

Seems to be gone btw. Picked up a ow CPT-MVD for next Feb yesterday, lets see if it sticks

w000t Apr 1, 2020 2:36 pm

Booked one of these for August and I'm actually pretty excited! Hoping the situation is calm enough to travel by then

I called to mark my seat reservation over Skype and it was surprisingly easy. The first agent didn't speak English and transferred me to another agent. The 2nd agent asked for the ticket number, confirmed some details and I gave them the seats I wanted. Unfortunately, I confirmed that it was the old business class by asking for 4A and the agent said the seats start with 6 :( oh well. Everything was done in less than 5 minutes!

pete_ncl Apr 1, 2020 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by w000t (Post 32255098)
Booked one of these for August and I'm actually pretty excited! Hoping the situation is calm enough to travel by then

Will be interesting, also looking forward to my trip and all my seats are on old business class too. Seems to be quite a difference. Let's see, maybe there will be some unexpected equipment change!

sokol2003 Apr 2, 2020 12:11 am

Any idea about fare rules?

pete_ncl Apr 2, 2020 2:11 am

Originally Posted by sokol2003 (Post 32256266)
Any idea about fare rules?

If you tell me how I can check, I will post here. I booked via eDreams, cannot see any info there.

recki2016 Apr 2, 2020 2:41 am

Here fare rules for CPT-MDV (fare basis code was J3AZA1). Ex JNB rules are different!

(16)PE.PENALTIES

CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE ZAR 800.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - FOR TRAVEL TO FNC ONE FREE CHANGE ALLOWED IN BOTH DIRECTIONS IF TRAVEL IS ON CARRIER U2 - EASY JET EASYJET DUE TO BAD WEATHER DELAY ONLY. CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CHARGE ZAR 1500.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND. NOTE - IN CASE OF NO SHOW AND CANCELLATION THE NO SHOW FEE PLUS THE CANCELLATION FEE WILL BE APPLICABLE CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE ZAR 2500.00 FOR NO-SHOW. NOTE - A CHANGE IS A FLIGHT/DATE/BOOKING MODIFICATION. FOR CANCELLATIONS AFTER DEPARTURE THE REFUND WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FARE PAID AND FARE FOR JOURNEY TRAVELLED. ------------------------------------------------- A NO-SHOW FOR A FLIGHT IS CONSIDERED WHEN A PASSENGER FAILS TO CANCEL OR CHANGE THE RESERVATION BEFORE THE TRAVEL DATE IN CASE OF NO-S HOW ONLY ONE FEE IS TO BE CHARGED I.E EITHER THE NO SHOW FEE OR THE RE- ISSUE/REVALIDATION FEE WHICHEVER IS HIGHER. -------------------------------------------------- REFUNDS MUST BE HANDLED BY ISSUING AGENT. -------------------------------------------------- REFUNDS PERMITTED LESS THE AMOUNT OF TAXES TICKET CODES MB. ------------------------------------------------- FAILURE TO OCCUPY A RESERVED SEAT ON ANY SEGMENT OF THE ITINERARY WILL RESULT IN ALL SUBSEQUENT SEGMENTS OF THE ITINERARY BEING CANCELLED. -------------------------------------------------- REISSUE/REVALIDATION CHARGE DOES NOT APPLY. -------------------------------------------------- UPGRADING TO HIGHER FARE IS PERMITTED THEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PAID FARE AND THE NEW RECALCULATED FARE SHOULD BE CHARGED. -------------------------------------------------- IN THE EVENT OF VOLUNTARY CHANGES TO ANY FLIGHT THE FARES AND CHARGES FOR THE PASSENGER JOURNEY SHALL BE RECALCULATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FARES. -------------------------------------------------- VOLUNTARY REVALIDATION BEFORE/AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST TICKETED FLIGHT SEGMENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO ANY FARE DIFFERENCE APPLICABLE TO THE NEW DATE OF TRAVEL. -------------------------------------------------- IN CASE OF NO-SHOW ONLY ONE FEE IS TO BE CHARGED I.E EITHER THE NO-SHOW FEE OR THE RE- ISSUE/REVALIDATION FEE WHICHEVER IS HIGHER. -------------------------------------------------- RE-ISSUES ONLY PERMITTED TO FARE OF EQUIVALENT OR HIGHER VALUE. -------------------------------------------------- AT ANY TIME WITHIN THE TICKET VALIDITY FARES CAN BE UPGRADED TO ANY FARE IN A HIGHER CABIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE HIGHER CABIN HAVE BEEN MET AND THE APPLICABLE DIFFERENCE IN FARE IS COLLECTED. -------------------------------------------------- UPGRADES TO HIGHER FARE IN THE SAME CABIN RECALCULATE THE FARE FROM POINT OF ORIGIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE HIGHER FARE ARE MET COLLECT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PAID FARE AND THE NEW RECALCULATED FARE AND THE APPLICABLE CHANGE FEE IF THE UPGRADED TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL CHARGE WILL APPLY UPGRADES TO A HIGHER CABIN AT ANY TIME WITHIN THE TICKET VALIDITY FARES CAN BE UPGRADED TO ANY FARE IN A HIGHER CABIN PROVIDED THE CONDITIONS OF THE HIGHER CABIN HAVE BEEN MET AND THE APPLICABLE DIFFERENCE IN FARE IS COLLECTED. CHANGE FEE IS WAIVED FOR UPGRADE TO HIGHER CABIN IF THE UPGRADED TICKET IS SUBSEQUENTLY CANCELLED THE ORIGINAL CHARGE WILL APPLY --------------------------------------------------

Newyorker49 Apr 3, 2020 2:10 am

i just would be afraid to fly with angoola ===) but anyway, nice find)=

Palal Apr 3, 2020 7:03 am

Just FYI - if TAAG needs a bailout, the government of Angola is unlikely to provide it given the low oil prices.

recki2016 Apr 3, 2020 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 32260167)
Just FYI - if TAAG needs a bailout, the government of Angola is unlikely to provide it given the low oil prices.

TAAG is the fully state-owned airline, so it's quite obvious they'll get it from the government.