FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   TAAG: JNB-MVD (Uruguay) $250 ow / $600 rt in Business (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2014409-taag-jnb-mvd-uruguay-250-ow-600-rt-business.html)

wijibintheair May 30, 2020 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 32414729)
It may be sooner but I doubt it will be a free-for-all. I can see that initially it will be from select countries who have managed COVID-19 well. It will be expanding bubbles, not a global welcoming. The US has recently banned flights from Brazil which makes sense because they haven't got their country under control yet.

James

There is actually going to be a press conference on tourism today so will be interesting to see what gets said.

veganryan May 30, 2020 5:37 am

I also don't think countries predicting the situation 9 months from now is realistic at all. There's a reason why no country is promising what will happen 9 months in the future, so I put 0 faith in this timeline.

Flying for Fun May 30, 2020 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by veganryan (Post 32415423)
I also don't think countries predicting the situation 9 months from now is realistic at all. There's a reason why no country is promising what will happen 9 months in the future, so I put 0 faith in this timeline.

I don't disagree. Domestic flights aren't in the air yet. I think we can both agree that without domestic service, international isn't viable. The situation could be much better in 3-6 months or much worse in 9-12. Countries with a large disparity in social economic status, a diminishing middle class and higher levels of poverty are particularly vulnerable. A conservative approach is probably best.

James

w000t Jun 23, 2020 10:22 pm

has anyone had any success changing the ticket to a later date? Honestly still want to keep the ticket and change it to a later date but the agent said there is no fare filed for the date I want to change it to (in November) and to just to wait.....

A340_600 Nov 5, 2020 3:00 am

Has anyone managed to receive a refund or reschedule for a later date without fare difference?
I booked through Expedia US and TAAG has now cancelled both my CPT LAD and LAD GRU sectors, and the only thing they offer is rebooking with outrageous fare difference or a credit voucher valid for a year... no thanks!
Will probably result to CC chargeback in case nobody had any success with this.

nufnuf77 Nov 5, 2020 6:52 am

This is one of those your AMEX or other credit cards might need to solve. IME trying to get third world airlines to refund is next to impossible (vietject, air asia, ryanair, Avianca being a few on my blacklist...)

Jaenks Nov 5, 2020 8:21 am

Uruguay will stay closed(external borders) at least until the end of the Summer(Southern hemisphere) 2021. Announced last week by the President, confirmed by minister of Tourism.

A340_600 Nov 6, 2020 2:28 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32796992)
This is one of those your AMEX or other credit cards might need to solve. IME trying to get third world airlines to refund is next to impossible (vietject, air asia, ryanair, Avianca being a few on my blacklist...)

Despite not exactly being a third world airline, Ryanair refunds have been one of the easiest I must say, second only to Wizzair (okay and Atlantic Airways who actually refunded me automatically within a couple of days).

I was thinking of just getting off in Brazil since there are no restrictions and I had a 7 hour connection anyways. I wonder whether they would have allowed me on the plane in CPT / LAD with that intention in mind :D but oh well, chargeback it is :(

nufnuf77 Nov 6, 2020 4:53 am

alas they would check your eligibility to enter final destination, so that might catch you out

nilsrtw Dec 3, 2020 10:21 am

Mine's now been cancelled for late Feb. Communication is obviously terrible, but seems like they have a strict no-refund policy.. chargeback it is then.

nufnuf77 Dec 4, 2020 6:32 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw (Post 32860711)
Mine's now been cancelled for late Feb. Communication is obviously terrible, but seems like they have a strict no-refund policy.. chargeback it is then.

could you try and rebook for later 2021v

nilsrtw Dec 4, 2020 7:25 am

Theoretically yes. But apparently only in person at the CPT office. I asked for an email/phone number and this was the response:

"Sorry to inform you, due covid-19 desease, contacts and e-mails are not available at the moment, we advise you to get through the office please."
That was after they told me GOL would be responsible for the tix:

"Nils , sorry to inform your e-ticket has started with us due the last trip will be in another airline, we advise to get contact from that airline."
Highly professional operation they've got going there :D

keitherson Dec 4, 2020 11:29 pm

Spoiler

keitherson Dec 4, 2020 11:31 pm

(16)pe.penalties

changes any time changes permitted for reissue/revalidation. Note - for travel to fnc one free change allowed in both directions if travel is on carrier u2 - easy jet easyjet due to bad weather delay only. cancellations any time cancellations permitted for cancel/refund.

Freddorick Dec 5, 2020 6:01 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw (Post 32862558)
Theoretically yes. But apparently only in person at the CPT office. I asked for an email/phone number and this was the response:
That was after they told me GOL would be responsible for the tix:
Highly professional operation they've got going there :D

Haha they informed you via email that they don’t do email? You got the love this airline!