Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by hartwith
Thanks OP! CDG-LHR-ORD rt booked for £900.
Same!

Thanks, OP, these fares are lower than the typical $2k ORD sale fares.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by PxC
Until yesterday I never knew about the time bars feature on matrix, but it was massively useful for picking out the best flights and getting them on the different airline codes.
Wow this is super helpful, thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by domizei385
How did you manage to apply the GUF with AA segments on the PNR?
No the GUF is only for the BA segments.
So LHR-JFK and SAN-LHR is in First.
Everything else is in "I" or "J", Business class (or in the US they call it "First")
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: British Airways
I ended up booking CDG-LHR-ATL-MIA-MSY / MSY-ORD-DFW-LHR-CDG for $1207
both long haul segments will (hopefully) be onboard BA's 787-10
thanks OP!
flyerkit and palmanfr like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:18 pm

BA is still not checking through luggage on separate PNRs, right? Anyone know if I could book a flight LHR-CDG and then a flight CDG-LHR-JFK, and when I first get to LHR, check in luggage for only the LHR-JFK segment? I've checked additional luggage for only the last leg of a trip before when I had a 12h stop and went shopping; but obviously in this case I would be trying to do this before I had flown the previous leg on that ticket.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec GGL CCR, Turkish M&S Elite, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis First Plus
Misread the post, sorry.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by mb752
BA is still not checking through luggage on separate PNRs, right? Anyone know if I could book a flight LHR-CDG and then a flight CDG-LHR-JFK, and when I first get to LHR, check in luggage for only the LHR-JFK segment? I've checked additional luggage for only the last leg of a trip before when I had a 12h stop and went shopping; but obviously in this case I would be trying to do this before I had flown the previous leg on that ticket.
Yes you can check bags midway through your itinerary. Just leave enough time to head landside at LHR.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Yes you can check bags midway through your itinerary. Just leave enough time to head landside at LHR.
I think the OP's intention here is to drop-off the luggage when flying to CDG but for the outbound section of the other ticket (CDG)-LHR-JFK and not doing it after coming back from CDG.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:37 pm

Exactly! Go to LHR, drop of luggage for LHR-JFK. Fly to CDG, fly back to LHR, fly to JFK, without ever going landside in between ideally. Is that possible?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:44 pm

I had a different and at the same time quite similiar situation just the other day:
Was flying ZRH-LHR-MAN-LHR-CDG on one ticket (all segments same day) to position for an 880tp CDG-US run. Couldn't get the luggage tagged ZRH-LHR-CDG directly, had to be with me all the way to MAN.
While I knew, you never get your luggage thru same airport twice on one tag, I had to collect in MAN and do normal check-in again.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sluneckov
I ended up booking CDG-LHR-ATL-MIA-MSY / MSY-ORD-DFW-LHR-CDG for $1207
both long haul segments will (hopefully) be onboard BA's 787-10
thanks OP!
Which airline's stock is this on? Seems like some sort of error like you should have incurred a mileage excess of MPM upcharge but weren't charged one.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
Thumbs up Very Nice!

Thanks OP!!! I booked CDG-LHR-SAN and back all on BA for $1500. 64K both ways. Yabba Dabba Dooooooooo!
onlyquestions and klaus79856 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
For those in the US needing to position, give yourself plenty of time. My position flight to Europe went nowhere with more than 24 hours of headache, and I missed out experiencing A351 on VS. (BA/VS ticket ex-MUC) despite giving myself almost two days of positioning.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:25 pm

@The_Just is that on Alaska or where are you crediting ? How did you calculate ?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by The_Just
Thanks OP!!! I booked CDG-LHR-SAN and back all on BA for $1500. 64K both ways. Yabba Dabba Dooooooooo!
Is there a reason you picked BA metal? Their J seat is old and tired (unless you can grab an A350 route). I posted another option for SAN that routes through LAX on AY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.