Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One World PAR-NYC ~$1125 RT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:08 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by frebay
Thanks OP. I booked CDG-MAD-LAX-MAD-CDG on ib to get the most eqm. Wanted AA metal but couldn't get BA flight numbers on it.
Until yesterday I never knew about the time bars feature on matrix, but it was massively useful for picking out the best flights and getting them on the different airline codes.

https://gyazo.com/c892457e7fb9f1f278057bb72fcb69f8 Example

Just in case anyone else has the 'on request' problem with AA, I phoned them and they said it was because I used a UK credit card on the US AA site, and pushed it through. Now all ticketed.

Originally Posted by flyer89
Could you please tell me how did you constructed that in Matrix? Please and thank you.
In case he doesn't see this, I assume he used multi city on matrix and used the codes "LHR, JFK" for the CDG-LAX leg, and "LAX" for the PDX-SAN leg
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer89
Could you please tell me how did you constructed that in Matrix? Please and thank you.

If you need any further help, please send me a PM.
I can also help on ticketing in some cases.

To find availability in "I" and "J" I use expertflyer.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by PxC
In case he doesn't see this, I assume he used multi city on matrix and used the codes "LHR, JFK" for the CDG-LAX leg, and "LAX" for the PDX-SAN leg
Originally Posted by klaus79856

If you need any further help, please send me a PM.
I can also help on ticketing in some cases.

To find availability in "I" and "J" I use expertflyer.
Thank you both for your reply~!
klaus79856 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:21 pm

Looks like it needs to originate from Paris, but any issue if we book that initially, but call in to change the order (and possibly pay waive fees)?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
don't think it will work

Originally Posted by Boringbarry
Looks like it needs to originate from Paris, but any issue if we book that initially, but call in to change the order (and possibly pay waive fees)?
If you can make that work, please let us know.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
If you're referring to the current AA waiver, you would be charged any difference in fare when you change the ticket price, which would likely be unpleasant if you plan on changing the order. If you're not referring to the current AA waiver, while this might theoretically work for flights booked on the Italian site and touching Italy, it wouldn't work here unless there was a schedule change and a friendly AA agent.
Boringbarry likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA EP, Hyatt Globalist
One World: PAR (CDG, ORY) -> Texas RT in Business $1,350

CDG / ORY to DFW, AUS, IAH and probably others in business.
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

If you have Amex Platinum you can save maybe $10 going through the IAP. https://consumer-travel.americanexpr...irline-program

Tons of availability across the summer. I watch this route all the time and this is the best I've seen personally in the last year or so.

I snagged a $1,800 fare a few days ago on United thinking I was getting a good deal. Wish I had waited a few days and would have saved $500 + made my AAdvantage hamster wheel spin a bit faster. $@!*

(PS, this is my first post of this type so sorry as I'm sure it's not perfect. I did see PAR to NYC which was a bit cheaper and already mentioned, but IMO PAR->NYC usually has cheap biz fares whereas much less common to Texas)
scoonee, MTan, attachecd and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:17 am

This is part of the PAR-US sale which is already discussed HERE.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by thirstyg
(PS, this is my first post of this type so sorry as I'm sure it's not perfect. I did see PAR to NYC which was a bit cheaper and already mentioned, but IMO PAR->NYC usually has cheap biz fares whereas much less common to Texas)
It can be a tough crowd on this site, but I for one appreciate the post. Thanks, thirsty.
thirstyg likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Big thanks to honzeek_cz for help with the routing & booking - especially the return flight with one day stopover in my hometown (PRG) is highly appreciated

Thanks OP, you made my summer !!!
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:19 am

Thanks, OP, for posting this.
Booked CDG-LHR-BOS outbound in July and return in September for US$1199 all in, with new Club World seats on transatlantic flights, outbound on 777 and return on A350. (Subject to change, of course!)
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by klaus79856
Just booked this with one of my Gold Upgrade Voucher.
How did you manage to apply the GUF with AA segments on the PNR?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
If you buy this on AA stock now while the waiver is in effect, you transform this into a ticket that can be converted into a credit with no fee deducted (as long as you cancel with 2 weeks of travel). That language is now written into the fare rules and represents an additional $275 in potential value in the scheme of things (as the change fee on this fare is $275).
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stephem
If you buy this on AA stock now while the waiver is in effect, you transform this into a ticket that can be converted into a credit with no fee deducted (as long as you cancel with 2 weeks of travel). That language is now written into the fare rules and represents an additional $275 in potential value in the scheme of things (as the change fee on this fare is $275).
For clarity, the waiver covers the additional imposed fee for changes, but --- as usual --- doesn't cover fare changes. The purchaser should not be relying on these fares being available when they want to make the date change.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Thanks OP! CDG-LHR-ORD rt booked for £900.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.