Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(JL) Business JFK-TPE return for $2300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
fare XLX08DN0
Day/Time restrictions
PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

Seasonal restrictions
PERMITTED 01NOV 19 THROUGH 12DEC 19 OR 28DEC 19 THROUGH
28JAN 20 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

Minimum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 12 HOURS AFTER ARRIVAL AT TURNAROUND.

Maximum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Stopover restrictions

1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN AREA 3 AT USD 100.00 EACH.

Transfer restrictions
2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
FREE IN YVR/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A./MEXICO/PUERTO RICO/US VIRGIN ISLANDS IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
FREE IN JAPAN IN EACH DIRECTION
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.

Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31OCT 19.

Penalties

CANCELLATIONS: ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
CHANGES:
BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
Print Wikipost

(JL) Business JFK-TPE return for $2300

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by warrenw
I could be wrong but as early as last year they still had the angle-flat 2-2-2 configuration. So it might be that configuration. Also, Apex suites I *thought* were actually 2-3-2 on JAL, 2-2-2 on every other airline.
JL angle-flat are only on intra-asia flights now. All JL long-haul flights are lie-flat. Apex lie-flats are 2-3-2 on 77W and 2-2-2 on 787.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
I have enjoyed the Sky Suites on a number of occassions. And on the2-2-2 and 2-3-2 configurations, all seats have aisle access. https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi.../skysuite.html
They are a wee bit tighter than, say QRs new suites, but I loved the privacy, and service was great as always.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
TYO- SIN/CGK have flat bed? I seem to have both on flat bed.
i did TYO DEL back in August, and it has flat bed.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
For the avoidance of doubt about the seats... The 787.
Isle access for window seats

Overall cabin view

Overall cabin

The seat itself

Another cabin view

Last edited by Tokyoite; Oct 4, 2019 at 7:05 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by pbd456
TYO- SIN/CGK have flat bed? I seem to have both on flat bed.
i did TYO DEL back in August, and it has flat bed.
Yes.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by hirohito888
JL angle-flat are only on intra-asia flights now. All JL long-haul flights are lie-flat. Apex lie-flats are 2-3-2 on 77W and 2-2-2 on 787.
Great to know, thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just FYI, there are a number of dates in July and August leaving out of SEA to Tokyo and Osaka for ~$2370. Look on google flights and play around w dates. I am not sure if this warrants a separate thread. If it does please let me know and I can start one.
E55 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:42 am
SJC

Programs: UA 1K2MM
Originally Posted by bd24133
Just FYI, there are a number of dates in July and August leaving out of SEA to Tokyo and Osaka for ~$2370. Look on google flights and play around w dates. I am not sure if this warrants a separate thread. If it does please let me know and I can start one.
There was a related thread: (GONE) All Alliances: PDX-Tokyo and SEA-Osaka in Nov/Dec '19 June/July 2020, ~$2370
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Some of the lower-yield TPAC flights get inferior lie-flat products. KIX-LAX gets the SS3 (which is a watered down version of reverse-herringbone), while YVR gets the SS6 which can be quite a squeeze. They might not be so relevant to the thread here but it's worth bearing in mind that not all long-haul routes are equal.
hirohito888 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, MF Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG PA
Has anybody here done an overnight transit at TPE before? If I arrive from JAL flight at 21:15 and have a connecting CX flight to HK the following day at 6AM, without a CX boarding pass before arriving TPE, do I need to clear immigration for that? Does the TPE transit area open 24 hours a day? Please help! Thx!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
I have flown both JL and KE on the referred long-haul seats - they are great for privacy but a bit tight esp for a tall person such as myself, compared to CX. Food and service are great. Cabin tends to be warm.

Hope this is helpful for those thinking about it. I don't think I'll pull this one as I have better options but it's good for ex-US fares.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by PacificSunrise
I have flown both JL and KE on the referred long-haul seats - they are great for privacy but a bit tight esp for a tall person such as myself, compared to CX. Food and service are great. Cabin tends to be warm.

Hope this is helpful for those thinking about it. I don't think I'll pull this one as I have better options but it's good for ex-US fares.
What are your better options?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kev6789
Has anybody here done an overnight transit at TPE before? If I arrive from JAL flight at 21:15 and have a connecting CX flight to HK the following day at 6AM, without a CX boarding pass before arriving TPE, do I need to clear immigration for that? Does the TPE transit area open 24 hours a day? Please help! Thx!
Hey, no you shouldn't need to process through immigration to transit, even on a different airline. There's no 'transit' area per say, just a method by which you need to transit. Without immigration. I've stayed overnight at the priority pass lounge hotel and it's quite comfortable. You can go to the Cathay transit desk in the terminal to get your onward boarding pass. Please note however, this whole thing really only works is you're travelling WITHOUT checked luggage. If you've checked a bag, you'll need to go through immigration in order to pick it up I think.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, MF Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG PA
Originally Posted by ebrench
Hey, no you shouldn't need to process through immigration to transit, even on a different airline. There's no 'transit' area per say, just a method by which you need to transit. Without immigration. I've stayed overnight at the priority pass lounge hotel and it's quite comfortable. You can go to the Cathay transit desk in the terminal to get your onward boarding pass. Please note however, this whole thing really only works is you're travelling WITHOUT checked luggage. If you've checked a bag, you'll need to go through immigration in order to pick it up I think.
Hey ebrench , this is really helpful. Thank you!
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by Kev6789
Personally every time I've done it I just clear immigration and stay at the Novotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.