Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(JL) Business JFK-TPE return for $2300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
fare XLX08DN0
Day/Time restrictions
PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

Seasonal restrictions
PERMITTED 01NOV 19 THROUGH 12DEC 19 OR 28DEC 19 THROUGH
28JAN 20 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

Minimum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 12 HOURS AFTER ARRIVAL AT TURNAROUND.

Maximum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 3 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Stopover restrictions

1 STOPOVER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION IN AREA 3 AT USD 100.00 EACH.

Transfer restrictions
2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
FREE IN YVR/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A./MEXICO/PUERTO RICO/US VIRGIN ISLANDS IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE
FREE IN JAPAN IN EACH DIRECTION
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.

Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31OCT 19.

Penalties

CANCELLATIONS: ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
CHANGES:
BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
Print Wikipost

(JL) Business JFK-TPE return for $2300

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:51 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
It currently does not look like the fare was re-filed after it expired. However, it seems that this fare comes up every so often.

I'm currently sitting in the CX lounge in TPE waiting to go home. These were some quite comfortable flights, even on the reverse herringbone 787-9 and the recliners on the 737. I would fly this again for this price in a heartbeat, especially if I could build in a stopover in Japan.
ZBigFam and hp12c like this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Is this ticket dead?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Is this ticket dead?
several posts above indicate an expiration date of 31-January.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by VFR
It currently does not look like the fare was re-filed after it expired. However, it seems that this fare comes up every so often.

I'm currently sitting in the CX lounge in TPE waiting to go home. These were some quite comfortable flights, even on the reverse herringbone 787-9 and the recliners on the 737. I would fly this again for this price in a heartbeat, especially if I could build in a stopover in Japan.
Good choice on the cx lounge, much nicer than the jal lounge
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Is this ticket dead?
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
several posts above indicate an expiration date of 31-January.
Yes, but also there is a new fare (which seems to match the original, $2300 fare) that is filed and set to take effect 2/10. Of course there are no guarantees; they might pull it.
skipaway and ZBigFam like this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:32 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Good choice on the cx lounge, much nicer than the jal lounge
I moved to the JAL lounge once I had my fill. The food in the CX lounge was a bit better (noodle bar!) but the JAL lounge had some nice aesthetics and some good steam buns too.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:53 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Yup, Jan 31

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31JAN20.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON THE STOCK OF JL OR AA.

I wonder if they will re-file the fare after tomorrow.

They also have a fare that's $200 more that's set to take effect on 2/10. That is actually more in line with the price in the title of this thread (the current one is $2076 all-in)

anyone see the fare that was supposed to be effective today? I’m not seeing anything pricing anywhere near that level.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:58 am

Am looking for this as well, would be nice to have one more mileage run like this to pad the stats
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:59 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I also need more pineapple cakes!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, it looks like they pulled the fare before it became valid.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Here's my quick report: I did JFK-NRT-KUL-NRT (bus) HND-JFK. Cost was $2,217.

I flew in from Denver on Delta the night before and stayed at the TWA hotel. I quite liked it and found the service to be friendly, unlike reports I've read. Nice to hop on the AirTrain and travel over to Terminal 1. I left on a Friday, returned on a Tuesday/Wednesday.

Easy experience at Terminal 1; the LH Business Lounge was OK, nothing great but enough food/drink for a short stay. JL3 JFK-NRT was long but relaxing.

I ate the Japanese meal, then ordered food from the handset for snacks. Great noodles and the pork cutlet sandwich was very tasty. The cabin was too warm (on all the flights, actually) but I changed to shorts and a t-shirt so it was bearable. Slept and watched a Japanese movie called "Way To Find The Best Life" (sort of "Bucket List" but just two very different ladies) that was great, then "Maleficent 2." Japanese meal again before arrival. We arrived early.

JL put me up in the Marroad International Hotel near Narita. Yes, it's old and dated, but the shuttle ran on time and then took me into Narita Town. I wandered over to Ramen Biyashi and had dinner/beer and talked to some nice FedEx pilots. Bussed back to the hotel. The staff was very nice.

In the morning I took JL723 down to Kuala Lumpur. Sakura lounge was pretty nice with great views. I love the JAL curry! I managed to get the last window seat on the 787-9.

A nice flight. Ate the Japanese lunch again. I did wifi for the whole flight; I think it was about $18 for seven hours. Not bad. Another nice crew.

Landed on time; immigration/customs was slow, but the KLIA Ekspres worked great. Took a taxi to the Holiday Inn Express. It was only $42 a night that included a decent breakfast. I also did some laundry. Explored KL a bit that night and again the next day. Saw the Petronas Towers and a few other things. Nice warm weather; it poured rain later in the afternoon.

My flight back to NRT wasn't until 10:50 so I just booked two nights and the HEX to save asking for a late checkout. I left about 6 p.m. and took the monorail/KLIA Exspres. Easy check-in; I chose the Malaysian Golden Lounge and hung out until the flight. Uneventful journey up to NRT on JL724. Same crew as NRT-KUL; they were sweet and all remembered me. I had the departure snack, slept for about 5 hours and then had the Western breakfast, a decent omelet.

We arrived about 10 minutes early. I wanted to arrive at JFK in the morning so I braved the NRT-HND transfer. I booked the 7:15 a.m. Airport Limousine bus (purchased the ticket online myself; it was about $28 IIRC). Traffic was a bit heavy but the trip took 1:55 and I had plenty of time. I sat in the first row and enjoyed my mini-tour of Tokyo in rush hour. It was foggy but cleared to nice, sunny day.

Haneda was nice but I still sort of prefer Narita (strictly for transferring of course). The lounge was really crowded (renovations are going on so things are messy). JL6 was a nice flight again. I had the Western lunch and liked the Wagyu steak, but the appetizers were not as good to me as the Japanese style ones. Watched "Once Upon a Time . . . in Hollywood" and "Judy," ate and drank more (plus more noodles and the Japanese breakfast) and slept quite a bit.

We arrived on time at JFK. I was able to have my Global Entry renewal interview (my reason for wanting an early arrival); received my new card exactly a week later. Took the AirTrain to Howard Beach and caught the A-train to midtown. Cold but sunny in New York. We spent the weekend there.

I received 25,243 Alaska EQMs and 70,680 RDMs. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if the fare was still available! I loved the nice JL service and felt spoiled. It was a fun little adventure.

Last edited by Kurt; Feb 11, 2020 at 3:57 pm
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
I also need more pineapple cakes!
I bought a bunch for my family but they didn't care for them
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:48 pm

If you can go to a real market (probably in the southern part) you have to get the real dried mangoes. They are amazing! Never heard anybody who didn't care for those.
They just slice up mangos and dry them, nothing added. They taste like mangoes and smell like them too!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
Do you know what brand of the pineapple shortcakes that you bought?

ChiaTe pineapple shortcakes are considered one of the best brands, if not the best. All my colleagues live them, even for those who never had Taiwanese snacks before. However, you can’t get ChiaTe cakes at TPE. You will have to visit their stores.

Cheers,
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:47 am

I bought them from the duty-free at the airport which I think was my mistake. I really wasn't in town long enough to go to their actual store.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.