Wiki Posts
Search

Am: Jfk-eze $2600

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Am: Jfk-eze $2600

I feel like I see this price to GIG or LIM, but I can't remember seeing it to EZE (at least not recently). Routes through MEX, 787s on all four legs. I class earns 40% MQD (So $5339) and roughly 20k MQM. I booked this for November, looks like it's available from October through at least January.

Feel free to delete if this is a standard recurring fare.

Last edited by VisaW; Aug 6, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by VisaW
I feel like I see this price to GIG or LIM, but I can't remember seeing it to EZE (at least not recently). Routes through MEX, 787-9 on all four legs. I class earns 40% MQD (So $5339) and roughly 20k MQM. I booked this for November, looks like it's available from October through at least January.

Feel free to delete if this is a standard recurring fare.
Hi thanks for sharing. Did you go through google or AM itself? Can’t find the fare. And looking for September or November? 🤞🏻
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Went through Google Flights. With AM, you often have to put the dates in and specify AM from the dropdown, then Google fetches the fares.
jfkeze and LeedH like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
jfkeze​, you're not the one posting your eponymous fare with the airline whose great priest is you? How can that be? 😆
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
JFK-EZE would earn 26696 RDMs 20022 MQMs 5339 MQDs 2.05 MQD Ratio

You could route the whole trip on 787s, the layovers can be brutal at times in MEX but you can explore the city and get some good food...

Price is OK, lately I've seen and booked for clients JFK-GRU in the $1850s range...
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Reminds me of the JFK/MCO-SCL flights that were common last year. Be careful with posting earnings from AM -> DL, mine took months to straighten out with DL due to a changing award chart. In the end, I probably called half a dozen times, sent numerous e-mails and faxes of my BPs before getting credited with the proper MQM and MQD. Another booking of mine from Priceline incorrectly showed "Economy" as well, which required even more work to get correct.

More info on that here: Sudden Change in Aeromexico Earnings?

That being said, I enjoy AM's 787 product. Note that their 788 is 2-2-2 and their 789 is 1-2-1. Both are lie flat, and I actually slept very well on the 788. Some of the best airplane food I've had was an omelette on an AM 737 (much better than the breakfast every time I've flown J on a 787).

The MEX experience isn't fantastic, but the AM lounge is nice enough, and it's very easy to see the city on a short layover if it's available.

Last edited by manacit; Aug 6, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Don't want to rain on the parade but AM JFK-GRU in J was as low as $1600 1-2 months ago. This is not a good time to look for good deals in J as peak seasons generate good cash flows and airlines have no need to sell seats in discounts.

If you're not in a hurry just keep monitoring the AM J fares and good deals usually pop up every 3 months.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by vincewy
Don't want to rain on the parade but AM JFK-GRU in J was as low as $1600 1-2 months ago. This is not a good time to look for good deals in J as peak seasons generate good cash flows and airlines have no need to sell seats in discounts.

If you're not in a hurry just keep monitoring the AM J fares and good deals usually pop up every 3 months.
If you need/want to go to EZE, it is still a decent fare. Other airlines are running about $1K more, and there's a lengthy minimum stay. My first trip there (from SFO) this year was $16xx, the second one $24xx, and I purchased a similar fare to this post last week. So long as I've got a lie flat for the long portion of the trip, I "suffer" through the rest.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
JFK-EZE would earn 26696 RDMs 20022 MQMs 5339 MQDs 2.05 MQD Ratio

You could route the whole trip on 787s, the layovers can be brutal at times in MEX but you can explore the city and get some good food...

Price is OK, lately I've seen and booked for clients JFK-GRU in the $1850s range...
JFK-GRU on a Skyteam partner for $1850? On AM? I've never seen prices that low on Skyteam. If that exists I will cancel this and wait for that because this is mostly an end of year mileage run to maintain Diamond.

Originally Posted by manacit
Reminds me of the JFK/MCO-SCL flights that were common last year. Be careful with posting earnings from AM -> DL, mine took months to straighten out with DL due to a changing award chart. In the end, I probably called half a dozen times, sent numerous e-mails and faxes of my BPs before getting credited with the proper MQM and MQD. Another booking of mine from Priceline incorrectly showed "Economy" as well, which required even more work to get correct.

More info on that here: Sudden Change in Aeromexico Earnings?
Like you said, that was probably as a result of the switch to a new award chart. I flew AM JFK-MEX-UIO last November and had all of my MQM/MQD perfectly in my account within five days of returning.

Originally Posted by vincewy

Hm. You have me reconsidering. I've always wanted to visit Buenos Aires, but for $1k less maybe it's worth passing on this and waiting for that fare -- though I've never seen it that low myself.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Yep -- sometimes AM has some great fares...we are booked YVR-GRU in biz next Feb for $1,124
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Have purchased this for $1623 last year with all legs on 787-9 ( booked ) as my mex-jfk got subbed for a 788
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's also not hard to find JFK-EZE nonstop for ~$3k, even with not much advance purchase, and not just on AR, also AA and UA. Not sure I'd want to make the stop just to save $400.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It's also not hard to find JFK-EZE nonstop for ~$3k, even with not much advance purchase, and not just on AR, also AA and UA. Not sure I'd want to make the stop just to save $400.
It's more about crediting to SkyTeam than saving $400.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, I didn't realize this was the SkyTeam forum.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:55 pm

Guide with these deals/ or anyone send me these awesome fares when they hit? Pls

Pretty neat to hear from everyone, about few lower fare. As I would have to reposition from IAD to any airport with deals. So with that...I would be paying atleast $200-$400 extra.

Can someone give me an idea, when to expect these fares to drop more to $1,000-1,600 as people are mentioning? Or how can I find out when any drop...besides the google flights alerts?

I need atleast $1400 MQDs and about 75-100 MQMs.

Dont mind where these AM flights go and looking for a quick turn around or even 1 day stay. Anytime after next week...I’m open. Would love to do these routes, with these fares...to get the extra MQMS/MQDs. Dad been battling cancer for 2 years. So this next year I want us to travel with benefits as he is in MN & I’m in IAD now.

So if anyone can help me out on how to get these deals or message me as soon as they see this. I would appreciate it. I’m currently a Gold and only reason I would like Premium or Business Class...cause I’ve back problems.

Ive been looking for 2 months and either am missing these or not doing it right! Thank you guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.