FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am: Jfk-eze $2600
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:11 pm
VisaW

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by jfkeze
JFK-EZE would earn 26696 RDMs 20022 MQMs 5339 MQDs 2.05 MQD Ratio

You could route the whole trip on 787s, the layovers can be brutal at times in MEX but you can explore the city and get some good food...

Price is OK, lately I've seen and booked for clients JFK-GRU in the $1850s range...
JFK-GRU on a Skyteam partner for $1850? On AM? I've never seen prices that low on Skyteam. If that exists I will cancel this and wait for that because this is mostly an end of year mileage run to maintain Diamond.

Originally Posted by manacit
Reminds me of the JFK/MCO-SCL flights that were common last year. Be careful with posting earnings from AM -> DL, mine took months to straighten out with DL due to a changing award chart. In the end, I probably called half a dozen times, sent numerous e-mails and faxes of my BPs before getting credited with the proper MQM and MQD. Another booking of mine from Priceline incorrectly showed "Economy" as well, which required even more work to get correct.

More info on that here: Sudden Change in Aeromexico Earnings?
Like you said, that was probably as a result of the switch to a new award chart. I flew AM JFK-MEX-UIO last November and had all of my MQM/MQD perfectly in my account within five days of returning.

Originally Posted by vincewy
Don't want to rain on the parade but AM JFK-GRU in J was as low as $1600 1-2 months ago. This is not a good time to look for good deals in J as peak seasons generate good cash flows and airlines have no need to sell seats in discounts.

If you're not in a hurry just keep monitoring the AM J fares and good deals usually pop up every 3 months.
Hm. You have me reconsidering. I've always wanted to visit Buenos Aires, but for $1k less maybe it's worth passing on this and waiting for that fare -- though I've never seen it that low myself.