Wiki Posts
Search

Sudden Change in Aeromexico Earnings?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Sudden Change in Aeromexico Earnings?

I searched around, but I wasn't able to find anything that covered this specific change, if I'm wrong please let me know!

It looks like Delta made a very recent and sudden change to the way Aeromexico earnings chart around MQMs. Looking at the earnings page: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html there is a new table for flights traveled after April 1st, 2018 that I've not been able to find being covered on any travel blog.

Using archive.org I'm able to pull up a page from Feb 10th showing that this new change wasn't listed: https://web.archive.org/web/20180210...-partners.html which means there were a couple months notice at best.

Has anyone noticed this around the internet? It's a pretty big shift, looking at some of them it looks like AM might have swapped some of their fare classes around as well? W going from discount economy to full economy, and J being the only fare class that earns a 200% bonus on MQMs.

Last edited by manacit; Mar 27, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:15 am

yea, good point, while MQD's didn't change on the Business service lines it seems, certainly MQM did
Your correct, this is the first time I have heard mention of this. Last I looked at this, the "most recent" was the one now named "Aeromexico Mileage earn between Jan 1 2018 and Mar 31 2018. I believe this will be a cut in the number of MQM's I end up with from the 4 different AM flights have this year (one to SCL, 3 to Lima) But to be honest, what I was really needing was MQD's, which didn't seem to change in my cases.

Last edited by rizrizriz; Mar 27, 2018 at 11:36 am Reason: additional details
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
This change will cost me a bunch of MQM versus what I anticipated when I booked the ticket(s). Does anyone have a sense for DLs history on making good on post-purchase changes like this?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
People, including at least one blogger, had been doing MRs on AM. Perhaps DL noticed and decided to do something about it.
kthomas, yohanson and cmx like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:52 am

I agree that the new chart is more appropriate and in line with the other partners.

Changing earning after purchase is a bit tacky. I hope Delta will fix that part, as they appear to have offered with previous changes.
kthomas, SuperG1955 and manacit like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Amex Reserve/Plat
Originally Posted by angra
I agree that the new chart is more appropriate and in line with the other partners.

Changing earning after purchase is a bit tacky. I hope Delta will fix that part, as they appear to have offered with previous changes.
Agree that for tickets purchased well in advance of this change should be honored at earning schedule as of time of purchase. I have already flown two MCO-SCL trips the last two months, used the first as a jumping off point to explore Mendoza, Argentina and wine tasting and the other coupled with Skymiles Award ticket to Ushuaia in Southern Patagonia and Buenos Aires for a few days. Have another one coming up last week of April and another in October which would be impacted by this change. Anyone still have a Kevin Pinto like contact at Delta which would help get the original credit for these flights which was in place at the time of booking? If so, please PM me there contact information. Thanks in advance!
-LAXHOUND
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I booked travel under the impression that I would earn 200% for fares booked in business class. I wonder if/how we can get DL to honor the previous chart for tickets booked prior to the publication of this updated earnings chart.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by LAXHOUND
Agree that for tickets purchased well in advance of this change should be honored at earning schedule as of time of purchase. I have already flown two MCO-SCL trips the last two months, used the first as a jumping off point to explore Mendoza, Argentina and wine tasting and the other coupled with Skymiles Award ticket to Ushuaia in Southern Patagonia and Buenos Aires for a few days. Have another one coming up last week of April and another in October which would be impacted by this change.
-LAXHOUND
May I ask where you are routing through? best I can find coming home from a cruise to the west coast is SCL-MEX on Latam and then AM from MEX to LAX flying J. Would be nice to figure out something on AM the whole way back to the US
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by LAXHOUND
Agree that for tickets purchased well in advance of this change should be honored at earning schedule as of time of purchase. I have already flown two MCO-SCL trips the last two months, used the first as a jumping off point to explore Mendoza, Argentina and wine tasting and the other coupled with Skymiles Award ticket to Ushuaia in Southern Patagonia and Buenos Aires for a few days. Have another one coming up last week of April and another in October which would be impacted by this change. Anyone still have a Kevin Pinto like contact at Delta which would help get the original credit for these flights which was in place at the time of booking? If so, please PM me there contact information. Thanks in advance!
-LAXHOUND
Seconding that - if anyone has a contact, please let me know! I'm heading out on Friday for SCL via MCO and MEX, which puts half of my trip under the old earnings and half under the new. I purchased these months ago and I would expect / hope that DL would honor the expected earnings at the time of purchase.

@sevastras: I am flying MCO-MEX-SCL and then SCL-MEX-MCO all on AM metal, there was a great sale a few months ago for ~$1k rt ex-MCO and JFK that booked into an I-class fare, which I suspect is why these changes have happened. I sincerely hope that DL will do the right thing and allow these fares to earn 200% instead of 150%. I suppose enough people bought multiples of them to run as a MR and thus this happened..

Last edited by manacit; Mar 27, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
People, including at least one blogger, had been doing MRs on AM. Perhaps DL noticed and decided to do something about it.
This is yet another example of why we can't have good things.

Because a blogger blabbed endlessly about it and encouraged others openly to do the same, Delta has taken away what was either an unintended perk or a loophole.

We have lost so many of these over the years because of these bloggers.
Spiff, kthomas, diburning and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:44 pm

Thank you, I will just keep my eyes open. Great deal!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
This is yet another example of why we can't have good things.

Because a blogger blabbed endlessly about it and encouraged others openly to do the same, Delta has taken away what was either an unintended perk or a loophole.

We have lost so many of these over the years because of these bloggers.
Agreed! It's one thing to write a post and to share this info; it's another to do it in a way that feels like one is gloating and thumbing one's nose at DL. To add insult to injury, it's all done to generate clicks and to line one's pockets.
Spiff, GUWonder, BamaGirl and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by manacit
Seconding that - if anyone has a contact, please let me know! I'm heading out on Friday for SCL via MCO and MEX, which puts half of my trip under the old earnings and half under the new. I purchased these months ago and I would expect / hope that DL would honor the expected earnings at the time of purchase.

@sevastras: I am flying MCO-MEX-SCL and then SCL-MEX-MCO all on AM metal, there was a great sale a few months ago for ~$1k rt ex-MCO and JFK that booked into an I-class fare, which I suspect is why these changes have happened. I sincerely hope that DL will do the right thing and allow these fares to earn 200% instead of 150%. I suppose enough people bought multiples of them to run as a MR and thus this happened..
I flew YYZ-MEX-EZE at the end of November last year on one of these "I" fares and am still trying to get DL to credit the 50% MQM bonus. Even though my boarding passes show an "I" fare, the problem seems to be that the first letter of the fare basis code on the e-ticket receipt is "T," which is a coach fare. It appears that this is an "up fare, " as the last three letters of the code are "UPI." Based on a recent discussion with a Diamond desk agent, another fax of the e-ticket receipt is on its way.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by arkangel
I flew YYZ-MEX-EZE at the end of November last year on one of these "I" fares and am still trying to get DL to credit the 50% MQM bonus. Even though my boarding passes show an "I" fare, the problem seems to be that the first letter of the fare basis code on the e-ticket receipt is "T," which is a coach fare. It appears that this is an "up fare, " as the last three letters of the code are "UPI." Based on a recent discussion with a Diamond desk agent, another fax of the e-ticket receipt is on its way.
shouldn't it be a 100% MQM bonus, rather than 50%?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by angra
shouldn't it be a 100% MQM bonus, rather than 50%?
Perhaps I wasn't clear, but the the bonus is 50%, or an additional 50% above the coach fare MQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.