Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Lh (a/j): Cdg-(j)-muc-(j)-fra-(a)-bog-(a)-fra-(j)-muc-(j)-cdg 2800€/US$3121

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lh (a/j): Cdg-(j)-muc-(j)-fra-(a)-bog-(a)-fra-(j)-muc-(j)-cdg 2800€/US$3121

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Is there a routing allowing stopovers in one or both of GRU and/or EZE? I wouldn’t mind a few days at the beach and a steak in Buenos Aires on my way to/from Bogota
I love your approach! ^

It makes your steak a bit more costly but it's doable
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Booked NCE-FRA-EZE-BOG roundtrip for 2760 EUR with a stop in EZE. Not the best fare ever, but decent for a non-companion one to EZE

Also booked BOG-HAV on a separate ticket - short hop and I'd rather spend couple of days in HAV.

Thanks to all who posted routings/input, it helped.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by alp67
I love your approach! ^

It makes your steak a bit more costly but it's doable
wow, thx!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
how do you guys manage to get the connecting flight from GRU to BOG? i get the fare easily when trying to do TLS-GRU / BOG-TLS, but if i add GRU-BOG the price goes up 6 fold!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
can-(i)-have-(a)-word-(a)-bout-(a)-way-(t)-o(c)-onstruct-(a)-thread-(t)itle?

Fare's fine, maybe not great. Thread title, however, leaves room for refurbishment.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by synd
how do you guys manage to get the connecting flight from GRU to BOG? i get the fare easily when trying to do TLS-GRU / BOG-TLS, but if i add GRU-BOG the price goes up 6 fold!
Which search do you use? The segment from GRU to BOG need to be on AV metal.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Tks Viper,

i tried either google flights or powertool matrix, but anyway I stopped searching since I'll probably do only colombia as i'll be short on time. Now gotta call xp to make changes to the flight.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Viper35
Which search do you use? The segment from GRU to BOG need to be on AV metal.
Not correct. It can be also in LA metal or both AV and LA(GRU-BOG-GRU).
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:30 pm

When I try to book with Priceline, the classes shown differ from the ones exported from bookwithmatrix. For instance CDG-FRA and FRA-EZE are both in business (instead of the latter in first) and in the return EZE-FRA and FRA-CDG both in first (in the latter there isn't obviously first). If I purchase the ticket, will the leg FRA-EZE be in First, as in my original search, or will it be in Business as Priceline shows? (there's no way to see the class letter, A,J, before paying the ticket) Has this occurred with someone else?

Last edited by ranp07; Aug 7, 2019 at 1:34 pm Reason: Ammend text
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ranp07
When I try to book with Priceline, the classes shown differ from the ones exported from bookwithmatrix. For instance CDG-FRA and FRA-EZE are both in business (instead of the latter in first) and in the return EZE-FRA and FRA-CDG both in first (in the latter there isn't obviously first). If I purchase the ticket, will the leg FRA-EZE be in First, as in my original search, or will it be in Business as Priceline shows? (there's no way to see the class letter, A,J, before paying the ticket) Has this occurred with someone else?
That's quite common for bookwithmatrix and priceline. You will end up in C not F, so don't bother buying. You better try powertools and chepoair.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Getting real close to pulling the trigger on this. Pricing ~$2,900 USD all LH F on the longhauls and ~$3,100 if one way is LX to GRU. Can't decide if it's worth the hassle of transiting GRU v. just flying LH both ways through EZE and stopping on one of the transits. Any even more creative legal routings? Would CDG-FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA-CDG get me *G through Eurobonus in one go? As mentioned if I sign up in March, fly this in March I should get *G for the rest of '20 and all of '21, so basically 2 years *G for the "discomfort" of having to fly LH F twice and spent a week in S.America.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ranp07
Try to go all the way to purchase. Sometimes it shows incorrect on first few screens.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Getting real close to pulling the trigger on this. Pricing ~$2,900 USD all LH F on the longhauls and ~$3,100 if one way is LX to GRU. Can't decide if it's worth the hassle of transiting GRU v. just flying LH both ways through EZE and stopping on one of the transits. Any even more creative legal routings? Would CDG-FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA-CDG get me *G through Eurobonus in one go? As mentioned if I sign up in March, fly this in March I should get *G for the rest of '20 and all of '21, so basically 2 years *G for the "discomfort" of having to fly LH F twice and spent a week in S.America.
Yes and yes, Gold in one go and for almost two years. Close to TK Gold as well.
check HERE
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by alp67
Yes and yes, Gold in one go and for almost two years. Close to TK Gold as well.
check HERE
How does this get one close to TK gold if none of flights on this routing are TK?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
How does this get one close to TK gold if none of flights on this routing are TK?
There is no requirement of TK metal for any TK status level with exception to fulfill status match requirements when matched.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.