Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:49 am

I just had a very good call with their customer service. I was able to rebook my flight to Qatar, CGK - DOH in I the DOH part is unfortunately in Z so no miles, wondering if I can still claim them afterwards.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Jakkz
I just had a very good call with their customer service. I was able to rebook my flight to Qatar, CGK - DOH in I the DOH part is unfortunately in Z so no miles, wondering if I can still claim them afterwards.
Is Z a non-revenue RBD ?

Many airlines will credit the miles you would have earned on the flights originally booked. I don't know if Sri Lankan do this; or if they do it, it's done without a fight.

The joy of orignal mileage credit is that you may be able to double dip through the replacement carrier. But not for Z fares with QR.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
No luck after a couple of calls with UL, CMBCGK on 24Jun get cancelled and the only offer out from either DXB/AUH is either on WY via Muscat or a direct flight from EK, no luck on QR/CX unless changing travel date (which not an option as packed with another travel plan)

BA live chat said it is not eligible to claim back any TP/Avios for the "cancelled" portion on UL, which will be AUH-CMB-CGK in my case if rebooked to a non-oneworld carrier. so just to wandering if the online chat is saying the correct info or its a normal practice to claim back the "original cancelled flight"
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
No luck after a couple of calls with UL, CMBCGK on 24Jun get cancelled and the only offer out from either DXB/AUH is either on WY via Muscat or a direct flight from EK, no luck on QR/CX unless changing travel date (which not an option as packed with another travel plan)

BA live chat said it is not eligible to claim back any TP/Avios for the "cancelled" portion on UL, which will be AUH-CMB-CGK in my case if rebooked to a non-oneworld carrier. so just to wandering if the online chat is saying the correct info or its a normal practice to claim back the "original cancelled flight"
ORC only applies during IRROPS on the day, not accepted changes ahead of time so they are correct I'm afraid.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by flashware
ORC only applies during IRROPS on the day, not accepted changes ahead of time so they are correct I'm afraid.
Thanks and thats a bad news, it means i am missing 280TPs and end up having a fail TP run
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by flashware
I also thought that ORC only really worked if you were crediting to the airline that is messing up your travel plans. But could be wrong.

I spotted in the paper that UL have returned an A330-200 at the end of its lease. It appears that this was anticipated, so in theory they should have enough aircraft for their plans, but expect things are a bit tight.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
Doesn’t help you for now with lost tier points, but WY will be joining oneworld next year (?) so if you credit their flights to their own program in a year or so you can probably use the miles to redeem a flight on oneworld. caveat: no idea what their program is like or if their miles expire easily or can be easily topped up if you don’t live in Oman
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:06 pm

what a nightmare... I just got called from Sri Lankan again and they canceled my flight due to the fact they can't book my flight from Doha as this would be a first class and I have booked business. Now they rebooked me on Etihad so no miles for me either
Old Jun 13, 2023, 10:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Is this cancellation permanent. I still see it being sold end of the year
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:11 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Currently at CGk, they’ve cancelled again today at short notice.

That’s four elective cancellations this week due to low loads.
I was already rebooked from tomorrows cancelled flight. I just need to get back at this stage and lost all confidence in their customer operations. Hoping to get on Etihad later, let’s see. I’m avoiding UL after this week’s fiasco for a while. Totally unreliable and their customer call centre is pretty dire.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

I was already rebooked from tomorrows cancelled flight. I just need to get back at this stage and lost all confidence in their customer operations. Hoping to get on Etihad later, let’s see. I’m avoiding UL after this week’s fiasco for a while. Totally unreliable and their customer call centre is pretty dire.
Would they reallocate you on MH from CGK-KUL-BKK followed by RJ BKK-AMM-AUH? That’s all OneWorld carriers and would be even better for TP than UL…
Old Jun 17, 2023, 2:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

The route is very popular with people going on pilgrimages through the Middle East, so with the current summer climate in the ME, I can believe the flights aren't busy.

M
Woodbinerich likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 2:13 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by salut0
Would they reallocate you on MH from CGK-KUL-BKK followed by RJ BKK-AMM-AUH? That’s all OneWorld carriers and would be even better for TP than UL…
At this stage I just want get to AUH and not have a problem with flights booked back to Europe so managed to get rebooked in J on Etihad for a direct flight tonight. I’m happy with the outcome and EY J is way nicer than anything UL, MH or RJ offer.

I think ORC should be possible to claim as involuntary reroute on the day booked by the airport staff but I’m sure will be advised here if not!!!

My issue with the two cancellations this week is not the cancellations but the dreadful process around communicating with passengers (I’m and my travel agent still yet to receive any notification that either flight was cancelled) and rebooking process. Let alone some kind of apology.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC
And another variable to throw into the mix, an apparent overnight change to Indonesia's Visa on Arrival policy.

https://indonesiaexpat.id/news/tempo...-in-indonesia/

The Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, Yasonna Laoly, has temporarily halted the visa-free visits policy (BVK) for 159 countries.These countries were previously included in the group of 169 countries eligible for visa-free visits, as outlined in Presidential Regulation Number 21 of 2016, along with 10 ASEAN nations.

The decision, stated in the Decree of the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia Number M.HH-GR.01.07 of 2023, aims to address concerns related to public order disruptions and the potential transmission of diseases from countries not certified as disease-free by the World Health Organization (WHO). As a result, the number of policy recipients has been reset.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Just to circle back on this it seems that Visa on Arrival is unaffected, existing rules apply.
jp_fin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.