Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 10:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Originally Posted by kingcole974
So first rotation complete. This trip had no changes. Apart from a long wait (detailed above) for immigration in CGK it went very well.

Food and service on board is good. Seat is good enough for 4h. Excellent amount of recline too.

I do it all again this evening. This trip has disruption on both the outbound (now CMB KUL CGK) and the inbound (now CMB DOH AUH).

Cant wait!.

Whats the usual time it takes for points to credit to BA? Im 4 days since my first leg
every Tuesday incase of me
Old May 15, 2024, 3:34 am

Programs: BA
What's the recommend rerouting please when there's disruption on the outbound or inbound legs of this so as to minimize TP loss?
Old May 15, 2024, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
What's the recommend rerouting please when there's disruption on the outbound or inbound legs of this so as to minimize TP loss?
A few days before the trip? I'd go for the Etihad direct AUH-CGK, and do an ORC (original routing credit) claim for the full TPs

A week or so out? You could risk an ORC, but they're normally only supposed to be for last-minute changes, not well-planned rebookings...

1+ weeks out - depends which leg is the problem. AUH-DOH-CGK is 60+140=200, AUH-DOH-CMB-CGK is 60+40+140=240, AUH-CMB-KUL-CGK is 140+40+40=220, AUH-DOH-KUL-CGK is 60+140+40=240 (but they probably won't rebook onto this)
IanWorthington and Sifu like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 4:56 am

Programs: IHG
hey, was last week in CGK was little confused bout IMEI Office but decide to passby, had 0 issue flying back last thursday to home (stayed 15 days) nobody at airport talked bout IMEI registration or something like, but sounds weird 1st time seen this, just wondering why thiis?
Old May 15, 2024, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
So we had cancellations on both the outbound and inbound.

On the inbound we was advised about 4 weeks out that CMB to AUH would not run. After an email to the AUH office, we was re-routed onto CMB-DOH-AUH. As DOH-AUH booked into F, we gain 60 points from this change, albeit with an 0430 arrival into AUH instead of 2200 the night before. BA flight home is at 1010 so my non refundable airport hotel is likely to see very little use.

On the outbound, 13 days out, we had CMB-CGK cancelled. I cheekily asked for CMB-DOH-CGK (an for additional 140 tier points) but unsurprisingly, I wasn't allowed. I then wanted to route AUH-DOH-CGK but there was no F (or A) class on the AUH-DOH sector, so instead opted for CMB-KUL-CGK. This is a loss of 60 tier points, so cancels out the gain from the other change, however, as this change occurred under 14 days, we will ask for and hope for an ORC, but no worse off overall if not. This does mean arriving into CGK 4 hours later so restricts social time on the one evening.
IanWorthington likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 3:06 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I have upcoming flights in July.

So am I correct in thinking if Sri Lankan cancel my flights I can request rerouting through Doha? Is The with either Srilankan and or Qatar?
Old May 16, 2024, 3:19 am

Many thanks for your replies, guys.

Do we have any idea how much longer these cancellations will be happening? Are we waiting on the new planes to be approved ?
Old May 16, 2024, 5:54 am

A few things from a trip this week

Paper self-printed boarding passes still not accepted at Abu Dhabi so have to wait for UL desk to open 3hrs or so prior to departure and get a printed one. (Didnt try mobile BP)

eVisa and the e gates at Jakarta, a dream! Just go past the long queue of folks waiting to pay for Visa On Arrival and the e-gates come into view.

Customs form as per link, works fine.

Departing CGK: we got hotel to print pdf BPs, these get you through to security and the e-gates. But on last years trip people were looking for us in the lounge as we needed a proper BP. So this time went to the gate early and they eventually gave us BPs there, but only after showing proof of onward travel from Abu Dhabi. As we hadnt been via the check in desk we didnt have lounge passes, the lounge used now is the one by Gate 7, the old one (Plaza Premium) up near the UL gates is being turned into shops.

@Jamier45 yesterday we had the same issue paying for our next e-Visa. First thing we did after getting airside was to try applying; after an hour of trying different browsers and creating lots of applications that couldnt pay for, we tried Incognito and the payment page appeared and all worked fine.

We were lucky, all four flights operated roughly on time as booked many moons ago. May I commend the Lanka Aviator forum for Sri Lankan aircraft updates. The fleet list isnt totally up to date with whats currently in/out service but the posts generally are.
Old May 16, 2024, 10:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
On our second arrival the Egates worked fine, even with visa on arrival. Its now clear there was an issue on my first arrival on Sunday.

So it does appear that you dont need to buy the visa first to use the egates, in the same vein that having pre bought would not have helped on Sunday

At this time, I still dont have tier points from my first trip. I hear they usually post on a Wednesday but no joy the Wednesday just gone.
Perisai likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 12:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
My tier points posted Tuesday from my flights in 7/8/9th
happeemonkee and our_kid like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, BAEC Silver, DL Gold
My TPs also took about 5-10 days to post (travel 01MAY-07MAY). The last flights posted a couple of days ago.
Old May 17, 2024, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by kingcole974
At this time, I still dont have tier points from my first trip. I hear they usually post on a Wednesday but no joy the Wednesday just gone.
iirc you can claim after 7 days. Probably worth putting the hurry-up under them sooner rather than later.
Old May 18, 2024, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by TobiD87
there are a many start up's with cheap offers for esim in many companies. I'm using "monty" (single platform) and "mobiMatter" (compares different providers) to compare the offers (I hope it's OK to say the name of the companies?) and I think it's really cheap. Some offers are useable in more than one country - especially in south east Asia.
Will have a look

Originally Posted by Gazzerg
Maybe I misunderstand, I thought you only had to register your IMEI if you were staying over 90 days? Ive never registered and just bought a Holafly or Airolo ESim and its worked fine, in Java, Bali and Lombok.
Correct, those are foreign SIM cards and therefore there's no registration required. It's only required if you want to use an local SIM in Indonesia.

I don't know Holafly, but Airalo is extremely expensive compared to local SIMs. Maybe in America it could be decent since the US isn't set up for tourist or short term SIMs, but in the majority of the world Airalo is a rip-off. It's convenient and that's about all. I get the impression it's more of a pyramid scheme for influencers on social media to make commissions on.

Originally Posted by netman59
hey, was last week in CGK was little confused bout IMEI Office but decide to passby, had 0 issue flying back last thursday to home (stayed 15 days) nobody at airport talked bout IMEI registration or something like, but sounds weird 1st time seen this, just wondering why thiis?
I think it's about tax, there seems to be a steep tax on cell phones in Indonesia and by requiring this registration they're preventing people from bringing in a bunch of phones without paying it.
Old May 18, 2024, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by netman59
It's a little heavy-handed and perhaps not so well explained. Registration covers a major concern of the government: the need to be able to trace communications that may be involved in terrorism or crime. The process isn't as burdensome as the one found in some other countries (hello, India!). I'm guessing government is torn between a desire to have every phone registered, and the wish to make entry to the country easy for tourists, hence the ill-explained 90-day exemption/grace period.

Whether or not you register your phone on arrival, and however long you intend to stay in Indonesia, purchase of a SIMcard of any kind (national, local, tourist) will involve registration of IMEI and your passport. The phone shop agent will normally do this for you.

I'm told that using the roaming programme of your native provider will be trouble-free - though probably expensive!

In terms of pricing, Tomtom has a pretty comprehensive overview of what is available, if you can ignore the marketing froth. His verdict appears to be that e-sims may be more convenient than physical cards, but they are also considerably more expensive. And, of course, not all handsets can handle e-sims (so find out if yours can before purchasing).
https://www.traveltomtom.net/destina...rd-for-tourist
IanWorthington and Rim1 like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm told that using the roaming programme of your native provider will be trouble-free - though probably expensive!
I use 3 UK roaming when in Indonesia and it's surprisingly economical with an add-on. Also unregistered anywhere.
Rim1 and LondonGlobalist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.