Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
Hello all, just after a bit of assistance / suggestion with this.

I've managed to put together AMS-HKG-BKK-KUL-AMS for £1500 on Google Flights. With a good 4 days in each city.

I'd like to try and fit in SIN some how as part of a little SE Asia holiday, but I'm struggling to get it in the middle some where. I could use Avios and do a BKK-SIN return before the BKK-KUL.
Don't think you can have both SIN and KUL on the BA INCEU28 fare but perhaps more experienced people knows how to do it.

I would do AMS-HKG via LHR on BA (you can stay almost a whole day in London if you pick a late flight, i.e. arriving in London after 1840); then HKG-BKK and BKK-SIN on CX; a separate ticket for SIN-KUL can be as cheap as £45 return then from SIN-AMS on BA.

The BA flights can be on the A380 and the CX A350. With stopovers in every city, it's about £1,650 including the cheap return for SIN-KUL.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
SIN is a lot closer to KUL than BKK, so why not do a KUL-SIN return, either on Avios, or on Air Asia for about £65 return.

OR fly back from SIN to AMS and do the short-haul trip from SIN-KUL. That would enable you to fly Cathay from BKK to SIN (wide body, lie-flat, as opposed to Malaysian's 737s)
Originally Posted by KC818
Don't think you can have both SIN and KUL on the BA INCEU28 fare but perhaps more experienced people knows how to do it.

I would do AMS-HKG via LHR on BA (you can stay almost a whole day in London if you pick a late flight, i.e. arriving in London after 1840); then HKG-BKK and BKK-SIN on CX; a separate ticket for SIN-KUL can be as cheap as £45 return then from SIN-AMS on BA.

The BA flights can be on the A380 and the CX A350. With stopovers in every city, it's about £1,650 including the cheap return for SIN-KUL.
Cool thanks both.

I've had a play around with dates so now I'm seeing the SIN-AMS prices. I'll have to give BA a ring I think as I'm planning for this time next year, and Google Flights doesn't have the SIN-AMS pricing at this point for July, but KUL retrun is. Either one doesn't bother me really just wanted to try and get them all in the one booking.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by exactlyaron
Cool thanks both.

I've had a play around with dates so now I'm seeing the SIN-AMS prices. I'll have to give BA a ring I think as I'm planning for this time next year, and Google Flights doesn't have the SIN-AMS pricing at this point for July, but KUL retrun is. Either one doesn't bother me really just wanted to try and get them all in the one booking.
Bear in mind BKK-KUL on MH I class earns 0 TPs or avios, whilst I class on BKK-SIN CX earns 40TPs and 1000 Avios or so
exactlyaron and KC818 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Bear in mind BKK-KUL on MH I class earns 0 TPs or avios, whilst I class on BKK-SIN CX earns 40TPs and 1000 Avios or so
Very good point, and one I could have fallen foul of.

I'm planning another of these ex-AMS trips for next year, and I will need all the tier points I can get to stay GGL

Having now had a look at the fare construction on ITA Matrix, it seems that all non-BA sectors are ticketed in I class, which indeed on MH provides no tier points or Avios. So it looks like I'm going to have to forget about trying the BA 787-900 to KUL

I was trying to check booking classes for the trip I've not quite completed, but I can see no way of finding out booking class of sectors already flown on BA.com. Does anyone know if there is a way?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BA GGL

I'm planning another of these ex-AMS trips for next year, and I will need all the tier points I can get to stay GGL

Having now had a look at the fare construction on ITA Matrix, it seems that all non-BA sectors are ticketed in I class, which indeed on MH provides no tier points or Avios. So it looks like I'm going to have to forget about trying the BA 787-900 to KUL

I was trying to check booking classes for the trip I've not quite completed, but I can see no way of finding out booking class of sectors already flown on BA.com. Does anyone know if there is a way?
If you have the BA App, go to My Account and then Recent Transactions. The selling class of the flown sectors are in the brackets of the flight details.

Otherwise they are shown in the receipt for the booking.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:43 am

Yep, they're on the app - thanks. I can't see them anywhere on my e-ticket booking receipt however.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold

As KUL is 160 TPs the net is just -20 TP vis a vis HKG, so while not good for racking up the most TPs, it’s hardly a tragedy, especially when the alternative might be a 777 to HKG or SIN.
Also bear in mind that you can route KUL-BKK on RJ, which does give TPs in I; however, it attracts a higher higher YQ.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:43 am

Ah, I wasn't aware KUL was a higher tier point earning destination.

I think I should redo my sums, particularly as I'll be using a GUF and booking via a travel agent so I should actually get 240 points for LHR-KUL rather than 210 points for LHR-HKG, so only -10 points!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:53 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Planning a trip with the Mrs to BKK for the end of November and having a massive dilemma...

Gulf Air and their amazing dreamliner hard product in business (probably the best hard product going) LHR - BAH - BKK £1075... downsides, earns no miles/tier points etc. Don't suppose anyone know when these prices end?

BA AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK and back...£1375 got a GUF2 to upgrade to First both ways, earn tier points/miles... but don't want to lose GUF2 yet and I actually think other products would be better for a couple than Rev Herringbone BA First, which doesn't excite me any more than QR J would.

Wait for another airline sale, particularly QR (missing that damn Penang fare was annoying)

Argghhh
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Removed
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:50 am

Another plus for GF - BAH-BKK goes 787 in November - from the 15th from memory.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
That's a good price on Golf Air
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Actually I have a one way KUL BKK coming up, booked as Business Smart and it is class:Z for 681 MYR. Also my wife and I are currently on a domestic trip KUL-KBR-KUL which is also booking class:Z.
And Z om MH counts for tier points according the BA site, in this case 120 TP’s.

Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:12 am

If you fly with MH on a normal discounted revenue fare it will be booked in Z class, which will indeed earn avios and tier points; however on the INCEU60 AMS-BKK fares all of the non-BA operated sectors are booked in I class, which on Malaysian is not tier point or avios earning.
nufnuf77 and Great_circle like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
If you fly with MH on a normal discounted revenue fare it will be booked in Z class, which will indeed earn avios and tier points; however on the INCEU60 AMS-BKK fares all of the non-BA operated sectors are booked in I class, which on Malaysian is not tier point or avios earning.
Exaclty, thank you for explaining this to the others potentially booking the fare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.