Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond

Found AMS-BKK roundtrip in Club World on BA for $1,685 Dec 6 - Dec 10.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=A...93*.USD.168493
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks but has been around for some time now. Can also be routed through KUL HKG or SIN
MCI777, irishguy28 and oldwell like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stijnec
Thanks but has been around for some time now. Can also be routed through KUL HKG or SIN
Good to know. I didn't see the different routing on Google Flights but I'll check Matrix as well.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
And despite the title, it's not really limited datewise, either. From August through to May 2019, it's available on almost every day of the week.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:20 pm

If routed through KUL or SIN, does it mean one has to book via a travel agent? I can see it on matrix but none of the online travel sites (Expedia, Opodo etc) show them, even when I use multi city search (limited to 5 sectors only)...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:09 pm

Can be booked by calling BA
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not too many different routing options for this one, but a good fare nonetheless.

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 INCEU60 I‡R 1168.00 ---- 60/7 SU/12M EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-AMS TO-BKK CXR-BA TVL-10OCT18 RULE-4104 IPREUAS/4
FARE BASIS-INCEU60 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BAR RT-2ND LEVEL BUSINESS CLASS ADVANCE PURCHASE
EUR 1009.00 0005 E11NOV16 D-INFINITY FC-INCEU60 FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 10NOV16/1128 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG AMS-BKK/BA5 /TAR-EURG EF-11NOV16 DIS-INDEF

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. AMS-LON-BKK
2. AMS-LON-HKG-CX/HX/RJ-BKK
3. AMS-LON-KUL-BA/MH/RJ-BKK
4. AMS-LON-SIN-3K/CX-BKK
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available for my dates... (Jan 2nd to mid April...). But good fare of routed via HKG/SIN/KUL. I understand that the direct BA flight LHR-BKK is pretty bad hard product wise...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
any OW at 1/2 price possible or only RT?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oldwell

If routed through KUL or SIN, does it mean one has to book via a travel agent? I can see it on matrix but none of the online travel sites (Expedia, Opodo etc) show them, even when I use multi city search (limited to 5 sectors only)...
If you use Priceline or Orbitz (the only two I checked), just put it in as a roundtrip AMS-BKK and the 2 stop options will pop up most of the time.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Can be booked by calling BA
so this itinerary with CX segments can be booked by calling BA?

I'd like to book AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK and back with the SIN-BKK-SIN legs on CX.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
any OW at 1/2 price possible or only RT?
BA has horrendously awful one way fares on long hauls. So naturally a one way will cost you around $5k.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available for my dates... (Jan 2nd to mid April...). But good fare of routed via HKG/SIN/KUL. I understand that the direct BA flight LHR-BKK is pretty bad hard product wise...
I flew business BA9/10 last month. It sucks and I knew it sucked before I booked it but I got it for €1180. I've flown Europe to BKK in business on RJ, QF, EK, EY, AY, BA and QR and BA were the worst by some distance. (except for the BA crews who were very good)
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
so this itinerary with CX segments can be booked by calling BA?

I'd like to book AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK and back with the SIN-BKK-SIN legs on CX.
I couldn’t get AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK to price under this rate, (only as a stopover which will add €100) so will be flying via HKG on the outbound with exactly 24h in HKG. On the return you can go through SIN (7h layover). Make sure you will be on the A380 for the long hauls and not the 777 if you choose to route via either SIN or HKG
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for re-flagging this one. It is a decent fare and routes can be created to maximise night flights (aka avoid the LHR-BKK direct!) what you can do is a AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-KUL-LHR-AMS through the Holidays making function (ensure your country is set to Netherlands before trying)

You can then get the above combo on many many dates, allowing better aircraft, times and Upgrading to F if you book on dates with Award availability (mainly into 2019) which will make it a very pleasant experience. Best part - can pay EUR300 deposit and pay off as and when you can. Have a play around - the Holiday function always starts with LHR-BKK but you can change to HKG & KUL fairly easily. If it doesn't give you exactly what you want, book and call within 24 hours and change to the flights you prefer, still only paying a deposit
calasia and Great_circle like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.