Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by olouie

Why book economy for the price you could get business class?

My mistake, I booked Business but typed Y instead of J. Still trying to learn all the acronyms & abbreviations.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Booked early this morning, and deal for same days seems to be gone now.
Scored my ideal nyc-nce direct going and back into newark for 1888 USD round trip in May around the film festival, which I had to buy anyway. Thrilled to be flying business for the price of premium economy on my ideal flights. (econ is pricing at 1300, 4038 business for same flights.)
I only booked 1 night in a hostel in Nice, but may call orbitz to see if I can change to a few days in a higher-star hotel in Juan les Pins or Cannes. Will post if I can successfully adjust.
Thanks everyone - while this might not be the cheapest option out there or the most miles one could get out of this deal, it's about 2200 less than delta.com and within my budget on something I needed, so perfection as far as I'm concerned.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I just checked and my MIA-BCN deal from yesterday went up $700. Thankfully I had it on hold! So I was able to purchase it for $1871.

And better yet, I only had to make a deposit today of $450 - equal to the refund fee - and the rest will be charged automatically 31 days prior to departure - when the itin becomes non-refundable.

So far I'm liking this. I never would've thought to check Delta Vacations before. I always assumed that they would be bad deals.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by 18sas
I just checked and my MIA-BCN deal from yesterday went up $700. Thankfully I had it on hold! So I was able to purchase it for $1871.

And better yet, I only had to make a deposit today of $450 - equal to the refund fee - and the rest will be charged automatically 31 days prior to departure - when the itin becomes non-refundable.

So far I'm liking this. I never would've thought to check Delta Vacations before. I always assumed that they would be bad deals.
If you book on Orbitz, the vacation waiver for a full refund is cheap, too... definitely worth looking into.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Sorry for the daft question, but how do you book this for a two weeks of flights, with one night of hotel? On any site, DL or Orbitz or whomever....

Figured it out on Orbitz... but the searching.... trail and error?

Last edited by HeidiInTheAlps; Feb 4, 2018 at 9:37 am Reason: uh-huh and duh
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Sorry for the daft question, but how do you book this for a two weeks of flights, with one night of hotel? On any site, DL or Orbitz or whomever....

Figured it out on Orbitz... but the searching.... trail and error?
Deal is dead now.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by olouie

Deal is dead now.
Well...not totally dead but not as fantastic as others were finding. I'm still trying to convince friends to join me going to The Netherlands during Thanksgiving week but I may just go solo. I'm finding LAX-AMS with one night at the airport Hilton (for that easy morning departure) for $2400 on LX in J (books into P class).
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Exclamation

Has anyone flown one of these packages NOT on DL vacations but on Orbitz or Expedia? If so, what did you earn in terms of MQM/MQD/RDMs? I booked something similar to a different destination, and our bulk tickets are booked in Z but on KLM-marketed, KLM-operated flights on DL (006) ticket stock. I called the DM desk yesterday, and the agent said that the "Exception Fare" section on the site applies only to DL-operated flights. DM agent consulted someone higher (or at least a help desk), and she said that I should consult the KLM earnings chart on the DL site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.