Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:41 am

Would be all over this if it was OW, but even as ST its very tempting. Too bad AF A380 still has this crappy angle flats.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by ps9a
I booked a trip to Rome last night... looking now for additional flights on both O and Speedy, prices seem to double after I select flights. Thinking this may be drying up, at least for the cities I'm checking. Regardless, thanks OP!
Try looking at Travelocity. Seems like they have access to different inventory than Orbitz and Expedia does. I managed to book two trips, one over July 4 from LAX-CDG and another in the 2nd half of September from SFO-FLR. Both on AF 777, and they weren't even pulling up on the other OTAs.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
MSP-MXP possibility

I was just fantasizing with this, but found a Aug 15-Aug 29 MSP-MXP for $1640. Business class. By selecting just one night and sorting on price when I was supposed to choose the hotel, I found one that added $0.

MSP so rarely gets these deals. Hope somebody can enjoy it.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:13 pm

So, I called Orbitz during non-US business hours. The overseas reps told me the maximum length of stay is 27 days or 26 nights. They did not even bother to see if they could extend the length of stay.

Did anyone manage to extend this beyond the 27 day limit?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
So, I called Orbitz during non-US business hours. The overseas reps told me the maximum length of stay is 27 days or 26 nights. They did not even bother to see if they could extend the length of stay.

Did anyone manage to extend this beyond the 27 day limit?
I was told that's just the limit that hotels allow people to book on one reservation. No idea if that's true or not but that's what's being said and that they couldn't do anything about it either.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:20 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by kodawg9
I was told that's just the limit that hotels allow people to book on one reservation. No idea if that's true or not but that's what's being said and that they couldn't do anything about it either.
It is possible to do lots of things with the hotels, just not directly with Orbitz, but you may be able to make revisions to the hotels in your initial booking. While you can't do it online, call Delta Vacations. One of their agents should be able to customize the required number of nights for each hotel and book hotels in multiple destinations.

Here, by the way, are the current minimum requirements for booking a Delta Vacations Air+Hotel or Air+Car vacation...

Last edited by DavidO; Jan 30, 2018 at 1:56 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Any *A fares ex-SFO or anywhere ex-west coast that are less than an extra 500 pp?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:55 am

Just booked round-trip from LAX - FCO for the second week in March. $1603 and that includes three nights hotel in Rome. Flying Y on Air France outbound and Y on Atialia on the return. I have the ticket number and reservation code But I can’t figure out how many DELTA miles I will receive for this round trip flight. Does anyone know how I can figure this out? (Booked with Expedia).
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by bluefive5
Just booked round-trip from LAX - FCO for the second week in March. $1603 and that includes three nights hotel in Rome. Flying Y on Air France outbound and Y on Atialia on the return. I have the ticket number and reservation code But I can’t figure out how many DELTA miles I will receive for this round trip flight. Does anyone know how I can figure this out? (Booked with Expedia).
EDIT: The information below might not be accurate for partner marketed unpublished fares. It is definitely not accurate for unpublished Delta marketed flights.

you need the marketing carrier (the two letters before the flight number on your ticket) and the fare class. Operating carrier is irrelevant.

Then look at the charts on https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

If you're really in Y (this deal is mostly for business class) then it should be RDM/MQM/MQD should be 125%/125%/25% of miles flown on Alitalia and 125%/150%/25% on Air France. More if you're in business class. RDM will also get a bonus based on your status level (see chart at bottom of above linked page)
​​​​​​​

Last edited by angra; Jan 31, 2018 at 8:50 am
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by bluefive5
Why book economy for the price you could get business class?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Any *A fares ex-SFO or anywhere ex-west coast that are less than an extra 500 pp?
I found flights to Dublin for around 2400
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll probably take these:

While you were shopping, the price of your trip changed from $4,040.16 to $18,259.89. This is the next best deal for your trip.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angra
you need the marketing carrier (the two letters before the flight number on your ticket) and the fare class. Operating carrier is irrelevant.

Then look at the charts on https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

If you're really in Y (this deal is mostly for business class) then it should be RDM/MQM/MQD should be 125%/125%/25% of miles flown on Alitalia and 125%/150%/25% on Air France. More if you're in business class. RDM will also get a bonus based on your status level (see chart at bottom of above linked page)
That assumes they are published fares (for economy, they very well may be published fares). The discount Z fares mentioned at the top are pretty clearly not published fares as they cannot be purchased standalone.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
That assumes they are published fares (for economy, they very well may be published fares). The discount Z fares mentioned at the top are pretty clearly not published fares as they cannot be purchased standalone.
You are absolutely correct that unpublished fares may be treated differently. I will edit my previous post to clarify and hope to avoid confusing anyone.

From what I can read on the partner page, I'm not sure it matters for partner marketed flights. It definitely does matter for Delta marketed. Has anyone reported first hand experience with this in 2018 yet?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:59 pm

Deals are still alive. SFO-CDG non stop on Aug 4th-Aug 18th or Aug 18th-Sep 3rd. On AF 777-300er/777-200 on AF tkt for $1560 pp (3 adults and 1 infant) including one night hotel. Yours may be lower if you dont have an infant. Also, do make sure you are booking through Chase Reserve (for 3X and travel insurance) and not Amex plat (which only earns 1x for expedia pkg bookings). Befrugal.com offers 4% cashback for expedia pkg deals and you also earn 2X expedia points if you sign in and book through their mobile app . See you guys on-board on aug 18th-sep3 itin !!!

Expedia says it books into Z class, but AF just says business. Shows an error when you click fare/cancel conditions. Any thoughts on mileage earnings - I see lot of you have mentioned these fares dont earn any. Also are there any differences between 777-300er and 777-200 (both show 1-2-1 config)

Now..let the planning begin. Any suggestions on how much time to visit Paris and what other countries should I club for a 2 week trip with an infant? We were thinking paris and switzerland or london

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.