Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Orbitz/Expedia (AZ/KL/AF): LAX-FCO/AMS $1,617

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS

Have to use the package holiday feature on Orbitz to get the fare. Can simply select the cheapest hotel to lower the fare as much as possible. Not sure if you have to check into the hotel for it to work. Seems to be similar to the aavactions deals that sometimes occur. Not sure if there is a minimum stay requirement.

Sample Date for FCO: 3/9/18-3/18/18
Sample Date for AMS: 3/8/18-3/18/18
af fp, Elizabethh and Maayan like this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:02 am

Good find! There was a similar deal last year from Europe to Australia. If we can find the thread, perhaps we can get more information from there.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Ambassador Platinum
Fantastic find. Thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
For something similar on DL/AZ/KL/AF, do the same itinerary on Delta Vacations where you can specify a "throw-away" hotel for just 3 nights (and there's no need to check in).

Package cost comes to $1562.25 (when booking just three throw-away nights)

Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:11 am

Great find! Any length of stay limit?

Thank you. I want to buy this for my annual Europe escape. My questions:

1. Is there a length of stay limit? I cannot find deals more than 28 days. I usually stay for 6 to 7 weeks.
2. Must this be for two persons?
3. What is the travel period? Can't find deals with my dates.

I hope *A and OW match.

Thank you.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Jan 28, 2018 at 11:05 am
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by DavidO
For something similar on DL/AZ/KL/AF, do the same itinerary on Delta Vacations where you can specify a "throw-away" hotel for just 3 nights (and there's no need to check in).

How do you get a partial hotel stay? I find this option on the Orbitz website, but not on Delta's.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by DavidO

Can you explain how to do you a 9 day trip 3/9-18/2018 with only 3 night hotel? dont the hotel length will go the same as the day of the trip which it will be 3/9-18/2018? because I try to book the same as you but there is no option for me to select the hotel for just 3 night instead of 9 night? thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Pretty amazing deal ex-LAX. Being that I've never done something like this before, is there any risk having the return flight canceled by not checking in?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
How do you get a partial hotel stay? I find this option on the Orbitz website, but not on Delta's.
How do you get a partial hotel stay on the Orbitz website? I can't find this option on Orbitz????
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Sky team, Star Alliance gold
how to make the trip longer than 26 days? :-(
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
How do you get a partial hotel stay on the Orbitz website? I can't find this option on Orbitz????
Click Advance Search
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Anyone get this to work for summer dates?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:45 pm

I booked one to Rome for $1.5K in the spring, chose a cheap hostel for one night my first night. Not sure if I have to go check into but I may just do it just to be safe and it’s only one night, enough for me to go inside the Colosseum or something before booking a separate ticket elsewhere in Europe. Thanks for the post OP!
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by kodawg9
I booked one to Rome for $1.5K in the spring, chose a cheap hostel for one night my first night. Not sure if I have to go check into but I may just do it just to be safe and it’s only one night, enough for me to go inside the Colosseum or something before booking a separate ticket elsewhere in Europe. Thanks for the post OP!
I was wondering if you could tell me how you choose the airline? Delta is seems to be the option. Thank you
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Great find! Anything similar out of SFO?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.