Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AV/BR: SAL-TPE in Business $2,356

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AV/BR: SAL-TPE in Business $2,356

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
On the EVA Air boarding pass, Avianca K-class seems to map to EVA’s D-class. However, partner FFPs such as SQ’s Krisflyer, seem to have problems adding the miles for the sectors operated by EVA. One has to do a manual request and after two weeks, the miles have yet to post.
Good information. Please keep us updated.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
On the EVA Air boarding pass, Avianca K-class seems to map to EVA’s D-class. However, partner FFPs such as SQ’s Krisflyer, seem to have problems adding the miles for the sectors operated by EVA. One has to do a manual request and after a week, the miles have yet to post.
Here’s an update on the situation.
1) Miles did not post automatically to KF.
2) Retroactive mileage claims were initially, and immediately, rejected - wrongly stating that the flights were not operated by Krisflyer partners. Very strange.
3) Emails requesting for miles were then sent via the Feedback channel. These claims stuck compared to the automated process which resulted in immediate rejection.
4) The miles did finally post 3.5 to 4 weeks after the flights, at the correct earning levels — EVA Air D-class at 125%.

This situation may be unique to Krisflyer. Straightforward Star Alliance retroactive mileage claims usually post immediately on KF and the flights operated by Avianca posted after the flights were flown. Am unsure why the system initially rejects the claims on the BR-operated sectors as both the marketing and operating carriers are Star Alliance members and why it takes unusually long to post.
Unknown likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:46 am

Hey all, thanks so much for posting this. Just booked SJO-TPE for a few hundred more than the SAL rate. I'm transiting through SFO. Just wondering if I'm going to have access to the United Polaris lounge given EVA doesn't operate a lounge at SFO anymore ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.