Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GK1981
I've been searching various combos for AKL/SYD from OSL/ARN on the QR website, looks like there are no business promos available outbound at all September/October sadly.

Google flights showed up some random cheap fares, which weren't available on the QR site.
There are a few opportunities arriving into ADL in Sept ie Sun 23rd Sept on QR172 & QR914 (and back out of SYD/AKL in Oct) for approx. £1300pp. Long layover times however.
A1pax likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by shandy01
There are a few opportunities arriving into ADL in Sept ie Sun 23rd Sept on QR172 & QR914 (and back out of SYD/AKL in Oct) for approx. £1300pp. Long layover times however.
We wanted to visit home (Australia). We searched for ARN-SYD, ARN-MEL and ARN-CBR, but could not find anything (ie sale fare) for second half of Sep 2018. However, we found ARN-ADL and ARN-BNE at sale fare. Yes, there are long layover times for ARN-ADL flights at DOH. The flights to BNE do not go direct, inbound flights via PER, outbound flights via MEL (not bad option as it is A380). In the end we decided to take ARN-ADL as QR has A350 on the DOH-ADL-DOH legs. Unfortunately, just normal J seats and not the Q-suites. Fingers crossed they may replace the seats by September next year? The price we paid were closer to £1500pp (based on retail FX rate and 3% fee) and not £1300. We will have to get positing flights LHR-ARN-LHR (not been to ARN so will stay there for a couple of nights as stopover) and then the domestic flights in Australia ADL-SYD-ADL.

PS - we wanted to fly into ADL (from ARN) and out of BNE (to ARN) but could not book the sale fare as multi-city. Maybe sale fares can only be booked as return, and not multicity or open jaw?

Last edited by A1pax; Nov 3, 2017 at 8:06 am Reason: add new para.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by A1pax
We wanted to visit home (Australia). We searched for ARN-SYD, ARN-MEL and ARN-CBR, but could not find anything (ie sale fare) for second half of Sep 2018. However, we found ARN-ADL and ARN-BNE at sale fare. Yes, there are long layover times for ARN-ADL flights at DOH. The flights to BNE do not go direct, inbound flights via PER, outbound flights via MEL (not bad option as it is A380). In the end we decided to take ARN-ADL as QR has A350 on the DOH-ADL-DOH legs. Unfortunately, just normal J seats and not the Q-suites. Fingers crossed they may replace the seats by September next year? The price we paid were closer to £1500pp (based on retail FX rate and 3% fee) and not £1300. We will have to get positing flights LHR-ARN-LHR (not been to ARN so will stay there for a couple of nights as stopover) and then the domestic flights in Australia ADL-SYD-ADL.
Had been looking at options for Sep/Oct also and nothing, thanks to the tip above grabbed in and out of ADL ^ 787 and A350 so reverse herringbone, happy with that. Pretty much spot price using the Lloyds Avios AMEX as no FX charges on it so rather pleased. The £24 fee has paid itself.

A350 won't get Q-suites, it's the 777 they are doing.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Had been looking at options for Sep/Oct also and nothing, thanks to the tip above grabbed in and out of ADL ^ 787 and A350 so reverse herringbone, happy with that. Pretty much spot price using the Lloyds Avios AMEX as no FX charges on it so rather pleased. The £24 fee has paid itself.

A350 won't get Q-suites, it's the 777 they are doing.
Thanks, flashware Hubby does not want any more credit card, so just have to pay the 3% fee There are quite a few dates in September / October for ARN-ADL. Good luck!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:31 am

PS - we wanted to fly into ADL (from ARN) and out of BNE (to ARN) but could not book the sale fare as multi-city. Maybe sale fares can only be booked as return, and not multicity or open jaw?
Multi-city is fine. Just price up ARN-ADL return and ARN-BNE return and cherry pick the exact (R) flights each way that are coming up as approx. SEK 15000.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by shandy01
Multi-city is fine. Just price up ARN-ADL return and ARN-BNE return and cherry pick the exact (R) flights each way that are coming up as approx. SEK 15000.
Thanks, shandy01. I did that - priced up the ARN-ADL and ARN-BNE returns and then went into multicity to put the exact dates (for the sale fare SEK 15000) but QR website would only show the outbound flight and blank for the inbound flight. There was an error message (I could not remember what it said now). Anyway, I may play around with it later - too late to change our bookings now, but will know what to do in the future. I tried to use both IE and Google browser, but neither would work for multicity.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:29 am

Thanks, shandy01. I did that - priced up the ARN-ADL and ARN-BNE returns and then went into multicity to put the exact dates (for the sale fare SEK 15000) but QR website would only show the outbound flight and blank for the inbound flight. There was an error message (I could not remember what it said now). Anyway, I may play around with it later - too late to change our bookings now, but will know what to do in the future. I tried to use both IE and Google browser, but neither would work for multicity.

Ive been gettting the3 same problem everytime trying to book multicity flights- i can get ARN or OSLO to BNE return but was wanting into BNE and out of SYD
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Anyone found any OTAs mistakenly selling tickets at the companion fare rate for single travellers ? (i.e. no need to buy two tickets to get the reduced rate.)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'm seeing you all getting fares at an amazing rate but I'm stuck. How do you know that it is a 2-4-1 fare that you are getting? How are you getting these for such a low fare when I'm getting double - or have all the seats gone do you think? I want to travel to AKL and back in February and stay for about 2-3 weeks. My problem is that I do not really know what I am looking for when I am pricing these as that all see to be about Swedish Krone 52,000 for two and I have no basis of comparison.

I'm really not asking anyone to do the work for me but I just need to know what to look for.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm seeing you all getting fares at an amazing rate but I'm stuck. How do you know that it is a 2-4-1 fare that you are getting? How are you getting these for such a low fare when I'm getting double - or have all the seats gone do you think? I want to travel to AKL and back in February and stay for about 2-3 weeks. My problem is that I do not really know what I am looking for when I am pricing these as that all see to be about Swedish Krone 52,000 for two and I have no basis of comparison.

I'm really not asking anyone to do the work for me but I just need to know what to look for.

You need to look for the red Business Promo fares. The 25K SEK (o/w) fares appear to be for Business Saver, which is not the cheap fares you are looking for Pucci. I checked and couldn't find anything ARN/AKL for Feb, Howver, there is some availability in Mar at the Promo fare...
Attached Images  

Last edited by mccorry; Nov 3, 2017 at 11:16 am
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Pucci - OSL is going to be your friend for AKL in Feb... lots of availability.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:49 pm

You are Angels - love you both. I really did not expect such concrete help so quickly.

Thank you so much!!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
OSL/ARN - AKL for 2600-2880 EUR 2pp

Few things I noticed trying to book ARN/OSL - AKL flights.
Matrix/QR website availability has little relationship to what's actually available. I tried to book maybe 20 diffrent date/time combinations that showed availability on QR website, but would error out when trying to book. The fact that error would only occur just prior to payment page, makes this even worse.
Same was true trying to book these through QR call center. They would see R availability, but booking these was not possible even to the agent. We tried another 10 different combinations, but none of these worked.
OJs proved positively impossible to book. While OSL-AKL-ARN OJ would be the cheapest for my dates, none of the availability within our one month departure window actually worked. Eventually we ended up booking plain vanilla OSL-AKL roundtrip, but even then finding working dates was very difficult.
-
DJ
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:25 pm

Docjones I had the exact same experience. Now I have done what the boys said and low and behold I see them. There aren't many but they are there.

Thanks again boys!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:47 pm

I had the same issue. I did a return ARN-ADL and ARN-SYD to find the seats available there and back, but when I tried to OJ it just didn't work so gave up and settled for a straight return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.