Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
I booked OSL-AKL in February 1653 GBP 1870 EUR for one person using the promo code QR20YEARS.

Bit of a long layover in DOH outbound but there is worse places to be.

I think if you look around and can be flexible with dates there is some outstanding deals out there atm.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I have have been trying to make something work for us in respect of some of the good fares out there but its been a struggle to find something out and back at useful time intervals.

After lots of hunting I eventually found some good flights with good timings over Easter 2018 which i am pleased about:

HEL-DOH-HKG
Okinawa-HND-DOH-HEL

two of us £1380 each

To spend some time with old friends in HKG and then others in Okinawa
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I had put one on HOLD also.
Hmmm, anyone else had purchased online during the holding period? Its odd that one has to purchase an ON HOLD booking in person, and/or off-line.
I called a USA #, and was assured by a QR agent that itinerary ON HOLD can be ticketed online. No problem.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:22 am

Has the companion restriction been lifted?

Just priced ATH-HND business for 1238 EUR for 1...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I called a USA #, and was assured by a QR agent that itinerary ON HOLD can be ticketed online. No problem.
You misunderstood what I wrote. The point wasn't that the fare would not be payable online, but that Qatar reserves the right to re-price the fare. Re-pricing these cheap promo fares would easily make them much more expensive.
Please see the screen shot for the terms that you accept when putting a fare on-hold.
-
DJ
Attached Images  
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by seantheman
Has the companion restriction been lifted?

Just priced ATH-HND business for 1238 EUR for 1...
Doesn't seem to be the case. Which dates? QR's website?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by hopeful_me
Doesn't seem to be the case. Which dates? QR's website?
Yes QR website using the code QR20YEARS

Example date 1-8 FEB, ATH-HND...Slightly new to all this so perhaps I am misinterpreting the fare?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by seantheman
Yes QR website using the code QR20YEARS

Example date 1-8 FEB, ATH-HND...Slightly new to all this so perhaps I am misinterpreting the fare?
Indeed, works with the code. Amazing!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:26 am

Unfortunately the code cannot be used for a multi city booking (which you would need for a stopover in Doha or an open jaw)

I found this odd and called customer services to see if they could help.

After a long discussion, trying to make clear what I meant, they understood what I meant and they have forwarded the case to their IT department (as they agreed the code should also work on multicity bookings).

They advised me to try again in a couple of hours. Have not much hope that they can sort this out before tomorrow (when the fare runs out) but we will see.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
works for me too. thanks ^
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
is the code required? i just checked a few and the px is the same with or without the code?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Looking at early October dates departing SIN.. Europe or Americas.

Anyone seeing a cheaper destination than Turkey?

Thanks for the recommendation on DPS-CDG!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by simonsmith
I have have been trying to make something work for us in respect of some of the good fares out there but its been a struggle to find something out and back at useful time intervals.

After lots of hunting I eventually found some good flights with good timings over Easter 2018 which i am pleased about:

HEL-DOH-HKG
Okinawa-HND-DOH-HEL

two of us £1380 each

To spend some time with old friends in HKG and then others in Okinawa
How did you manage to book this? Multi-city online, or calling in?

I am trying to book multi-city OSL-AKL-ARN as it seems to be the cheapest. The Montreal QR office quoted me C$100/person booking fee. The NY office is quoting US$25/person booking fee. Does anyone know of an office with no (or lower) booking fee?

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 9, 2017 at 9:17 am Reason: added booking fee info
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
How did you manage to book this? Multi-city online, or calling in?

I am trying to book multi-city OSL-AKL-ARN as it seems to be the cheapest. The Montreal QR office quoted me C$100/person booking fee. The NY office is quoting US$25/person booking fee. Does anyone know of an office with no (or lower) booking fee?
You should definitely be able to price it out on the site. If you don't get the price, you found on Google Fligths or ITA, try seperating the DOH-segements as well.

So OSL-DOH, DOH - AKL, AKL - DOH, DOH-ARN.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by RVH85
You should definitely be able to price it out on the site. If you don't get the price, you found on Google Fligths or ITA, try seperating the DOH-segements as well.

So OSL-DOH, DOH - AKL, AKL - DOH, DOH-ARN.
As someone mentioned up-thread, it seems that use of the discount code QR20YEARS has not been programmed in for multi-city bookings. I discovered this when playing with various fare combinations yesterday, and as of an hour ago that was still the case.

Nonetheless some of the return fares available represent amazing value - far more than 10% off the non-discounted price. I've just booked HEL-BKK-HEL next October for about £950 - and with minimal transit time in Doha in both directions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.