Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: 20th Anniversary companion fares ARN/SIN £1000 ARN/SYD £1345 ARN/AKL 1385

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:48 am

Some fares from ATH:

HKG - €1,200
TYO - €1,275
JNB - €1,387
KUL - €1,450

787 now available on certain dates from Athens
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by plunet
You're right - but the wording of this has not been changed to take into account of Qatars relaxation of visa rules and that a large number of nationalities now do not need a visa to enter Qatar. So if you hold a passport that doesn't require a visa and can show evidence of a stay in Doha then you *should* be able to short check.
That's good. They probably use the same wording on most fares hence some of it being a bit contradictory...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:08 am

I have an issue. On google flights i can pull up arn to syd 11th sept returning syd to oslo on 26th. However when i click on book with Qatar only the first flight showes- no error message but get SYD-OSL followed by a blank screen. Any ideas- its double the price on expedia
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
GF is not "live" with the prices - once seats are gone at certain prices GF has not updated immediately
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I did manage (though I did not take it up), but it will of course increase the price due to taxes, etc added due to the stopover.

I think they changed their rule for this. You can pick up your bag if it is more than 8 hrs or something like that.

Cheers!
Thanks obduro , nldogbert

I did manage to price up a trip with only one stopover in the end but the total base fares (party of 4) increased by approx 15,000 SEK (£1350) (surcharges were roughly the same though).

Last edited by hugoagogo; Nov 1, 2017 at 8:16 am Reason: clarify the number of people travelling
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
You're right - but the wording of this has not been changed to take into account of Qatars relaxation of visa rules and that a large number of nationalities now do not need a visa to enter Qatar. So if you hold a passport that doesn't require a visa and can show evidence of a stay in Doha then you *should* be able to short check.

My BOLD.

Please show us a link to see more details? Thanks.
Want to know if US passport holder is included. Or, did you mean VOA?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by allset2travel

My BOLD.

Please show us a link to see more details? Thanks.
Want to know if US passport holder is included. Or, did you mean VOA?
I am a U.S. passport holder, was traveling with 3 UK passport holders, was able to clear immigration without any prior visa process or mention at DOH last week. Visa on arrival for those countries without doubt. No fee.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
GF is not "live" with the prices - once seats are gone at certain prices GF has not updated immediately

I get that but even posting the same dates in Qatar direct is not giving me any options at all for return date flights- also tried every days for a week either side

Seems to be an issue with multi city bookings- how annoying
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by hugoagogo
Thanks obduro , nldogbert

I did manage to price up a trip with only one stopover in the end but the total base fares (party of 4) increased by approx 15,000 SEK (£1350) (surcharges were roughly the same though).
Could mean no availability on either the date you arrived or departed DOH with your stopover? It's tricky to get it right, particularly on the QR site which is unbearably unfriendly...
hugoagogo likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:28 am

Budapest - Chongquin = £769 per person. That's almost into TP run territory
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
I am a U.S. passport holder, was traveling with 3 UK passport holders, was able to clear immigration without any prior visa process or mention at DOH last week. Visa on arrival for those countries without doubt. No fee.
Thanks. Good to know.

After further web search, I also found this:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...0-countri.html
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by obduro
Could mean no availability on either the date you arrived or departed DOH with your stopover? It's tricky to get it right, particularly on the QR site which is unbearably unfriendly...
Ta, I thought it was a fare availability issue but the promo pricing 'seems' to be available on the relevant dates. I've come across some poor airline websites in the past but the QR site is almost deliberately obtuse.

I'll keep persevering.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by kirker
FRA-DPS: €1,025 (but €1,740 to BKK!)
ARN-SIN: $1,330 (but €2,000 to DPS!)
CPH-HKG: €940, plus about €1,000 to BKK or HKT

1) Revenue management. ARN-DPS may sell better than ARN-SIN which is why they don't discount those flights too much and sell seats for more.

2) The cake (in this case FRA-DPS) is a lie. Lowest I'm seeing is €2,020€PER PASSENGER.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Firefly123
Some fares from ATH:

HKG - €1,200
TYO - €1,275
JNB - €1,387
KUL - €1,450

787 now available on certain dates from Athens
I was hoping for something to KUL but while that’s not bad it is still quite a bit higher than earlier this year from departure points nearer home.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Keter
Nothing close from TBS.
CTU is USD 200 higher than PEK.

From Moscow Thailand is from USD 1,250 which is a usual price as per the last QR sales, no MOW-SGN on sale this time though (which used to be as low as USD 1,000).
Anyone find any deals out of the USA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.