Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air: R/T JFK - Frankfurt $1999 NON-STOP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Air: R/T JFK - Frankfurt $1999 NON-STOP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Help me understand why this is a "killer deal".

Granted it is SQ, but it's only an 8hr flight for $2,000.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by bobblevins

It's a good deal on a return flight in business class. That's fantastic!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Killer deal on one of the best biz classes in the sky.
Originally Posted by N1120A
They are flying to Kentucky now? :-P

@ATLConsultant, thanks for the SQ post and just fyi

Frankfurt is in Germany.

Frankfort iis in Kentucky.
rmc1 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:47 pm

It's considered a bargain for anything sub-2k on this route, more especially for SQ. This fare comes and goes, so if you're looking to fly SQ from US to Europe now is your chance.
wolf72 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat
It's a good deal on excellent quality flights,but not that unusual; there was a similar US$1995 o/w D fare JFK-FRA or FRA-JFK May-August this year, too. Recommend crediting to SQ, however: I happily flew this R/ T this summer, but crediting to UA took six weeks: no less than four follow up emails and two phone calls, after filing online mileage claims. Even them UA only awards 100% of miles flown for D fares, which is chintzy for discount biz. At least, when I alluded to UA's poor relationship with SQ while on the phone for mileage plus, I got a laugh out of the agent.
wolf72 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:51 pm

You have $3600 RT biz to Asia from the US anyway. Much longer.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
deleted. Poster meant DL not UL

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Sep 15, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
1099% agree

Originally Posted by Paella747
Probably because they have more direct flights to Sri Lanka. I love their cabin crew.... and tea service.
with the service
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
not new at all. This has been around for ages. Plenty of threads if you search
Indeed, I was thinking the same thing, and it's been picked up by the usual travel blogs as well. Also used to have VX feeders from LAX/SFO.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFOPeter
Indeed, I was thinking the same thing, and it's been picked up by the usual travel blogs as well. Also used to have VX feeders from LAX/SFO.
Interesting. How much were those fares ex-LAX?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Love_Travel
Wow it is a killer deal. Thanks for posting. When I see this kind of deals, I question the value of loyalty to Delta. Better to fly whichever airlines gives the best deal and service
Yes, i'm a 7 time Diamond member with Delta (and probably 10 time Platinum) but after 2018 I'm letting my Diamond membership lapse. Too much work to keep it up and fewer and fewer upgraded seats now available. And since first class price has come down so much, when I need to fly i'll just book the cheapest first class non-stop I can find. Done with loyalty. 1.7 million miles on Delta (and I'm sure there will be more) but I can't see staying loyal when they keep shrinking and shrinking Diamond benefits. When I need to fly international i'll just look on here or google flights and see what's shakin'. If I have to fly somewhere else in economy to get a first class flight intl, so be it. I flew to Boston in June (and doing so again in Nov) for a $2230 biz class on Delta to Mumbai.

ATL
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Idiotic question... I'm out of AUS but since this is a great fare for Xmas time, I'm considering a positioning flight. Normally I'd position the day before but I've learned how awful NYC is getting into and out of the city. If I buy a separate *A connecting flight (different PNR), is there any way to merge them post purchase so I'm protected on a misconnect (assuming I'm honoring the MCTs)?
This flight is out of JFK. There is MTA train from JFK -- albeit somewhat circuitous. Takes about 1 hr15min to get to central Manhattan via train. Car can be quick or LONG -- depending on traffic. But train always about the same. Tickets can only be aligned if on the same carrier (in some cases also partner airlines but not always.)

ATL
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
It is available w/ UA and LH out of JFK and EWR.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-01-02;sc=b

Additionally, Delta is matching.
Wow, Delta wasn't matching when I posted this. Might have to go with Delta for the MQMs.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Because it's SQ. Almost never see intl from them this cheap. United and Lufthansa...yes...but SQ...no.

ATL
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
Great post. You just wrote down exactly what i am thinking. Thank you. Delta program has become too much to keep up with too little benefits. You are following the best strategy. Buy the cheapest first class ticket in any airlines that provides a good service. Screw loyalty to Delta
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Yes, i'm a 7 time Diamond member with Delta (and probably 10 time Platinum) but after 2018 I'm letting my Diamond membership lapse. Too much work to keep it up and fewer and fewer upgraded seats now available. And since first class price has come down so much, when I need to fly i'll just book the cheapest first class non-stop I can find. Done with loyalty. 1.7 million miles on Delta (and I'm sure there will be more) but I can't see staying loyal when they keep shrinking and shrinking Diamond benefits. When I need to fly international i'll just look on here or google flights and see what's shakin'. If I have to fly somewhere else in economy to get a first class flight intl, so be it. I flew to Boston in June (and doing so again in Nov) for a $2230 biz class on Delta to Mumbai.

ATL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.