Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA ams-lhr-mct-lhr PE £413

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA ams-lhr-mct-lhr PE £413

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
FYI for those who don't want an EX-EU you can do LHR -MCT direct for £540 in PE

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#fl...;sc:p;sd:1;t:f
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Dominic14
Nice :-)

we have also done an IHG points redemption for the Crowne Plaza Muscat. Has anyone stayed there before?
Yeah. Nice enough. Feels a bit like a 'holiday hotel' but it's clean and has nice views out over the Gulf.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:07 am

As someone said, this works to DXB for not much more. Additionally, it works from most EU destinations even HEL, BUD, KBP as a non-open jaw.

For example BUD-LHR-DXB-LHR-BUD for £520
https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...2-09;tt=m;sc=p

Last edited by Frequent flyer 101; Aug 29, 2017 at 11:59 am
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Yeah. Nice enough. Feels a bit like a 'holiday hotel' but it's clean and has nice views out over the Gulf.

The other option was the intercontinental but the rooms looked old and tired.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
They are dated. Well, some are

But the rest is so much better than the CP: pool, grounds, bars+restaurants, location.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But the rest of the IC is so much better than the CP: pool, grounds, bars+restaurants, location. And local cachet.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

But the rest of the IC is so much better than the CP: pool, grounds, bars+restaurants, location. And local cachet.
Youve given me a dilemma now. Do I cancel the CP and go for the IC? I didn't actually think the location was that far away.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Youve given me a dilemma now. Do I cancel the CP and go for the IC? I didn't actually think the location was that far away.
I wouldn't fret - they're both perfectly nice hotels. I'm probably swayed by membership of the IC frequent stay programme.

Muscat is a delight compared to Dubai, and Shatti/Qurum the best area to stay. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

And you're right, the CP's not that far away from the IC. There's only a mile or so between them - and it's a fine walk in the evening. But the IC has shops, cafes and a commercial centre on its doorstep.

The CP isn't exactly isolated: it's on the edge of a rather exclusive residential area on one side, the beach and coast road to the Intercontinental and beyond on the other.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Booked from Paris, where I'll be. Had option to book at same price from Zurich, Frankfurt, and a few other cities I plugged in (Copenhagen and Helsinki even, but for around $100-$200 more).

I tried to manage my booking from the avios site to upgrade the redeye with points/cash, but it said I have to call to ask about upgrades.

Also got an NYC-Zurich Roundtrip for $450, so $1,000 for around 19,000 EQM.
Booked NYC-ZRH on Citi TY Portal, hoping for special fare so that I can get about $3,000 EQD instead of $2,500.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
How much time are you planning to stay in the room?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
How much time are you planning to stay in the room?
Im there for 8 nights with Mrs D to sightsee and lots of relaxation after what had been a very heavy year. Doesn't bother me but she's quite funny with the rooms. :-)
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:51 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Too bad I was late in getting one for a long weekend during the X'mas period. Saw one from AMS-BAH but was procrastinating and when I decided the price became 2x more expensive. Had really wanted to visit BAH as I've never visited it before.

Tried the other ME destinations but sadly all prices are now 2x the 500+ GBP price.

Cheers!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Too bad I was late in getting one for a long weekend during the X'mas period. Saw one from AMS-BAH but was procrastinating and when I decided the price became 2x more expensive. Had really wanted to visit BAH as I've never visited it before.

Tried the other ME destinations but sadly all prices are now 2x the 500+ GBP price.

Cheers!
I'm still seeing LHR>BAH on BA.com over Xmas for £680 or so in WT+ if that works for you? (No positioning if you are UK based!)

Pilot37
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:43 am

LHR to MCT direct on premium economy is £474 on kayak. Im flying in at night, leaving the next day. 2 year old at home, just a mileage run.

https://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/LON-...-02-03/premium
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Just took this flight. Both directions, they refused to upgrade with points, and said I would have to pay the difference to J if I wanted to.

Flight was still fine - just a headsup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.