Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
This still exist? Or anyone have dates that it is available?
Yes it is definitely still alive.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by expert7700
yep,, $16 a person, a $50 uber ride to SAN or phone or probably $125+ to LAX

no hotel either. if you leave the secure side of the TIJ airport, you cannot take the paid CrossBorderExpress.
used to CBX right after new years this year to get to LAX. I rented a car from CBX and dropped it off at LAX later that day to fly up to SEA. Car rental for the day was about $40 including taxes. Much cheaper/faster than taking a greyhound bus or uber i think. The bonus was having the chance to stop by an In n Out on the drive up
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:53 am
bdh

Programs: DL PM, UA PM
Man, if this was a pricing error they sure don't seem to be in a hurry to correct it. Just stumbled on this yesterday and was still able to get 2 tickets for $310 each for a long July 4 weekend trip.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
got back yesterday from a 3day SFO-MEX-HUX-MEX-GDL-SFO routing.

Flight loads were low in J, even with gate/status upgrades done for AM Elites.

Overall I'd say AM is fine as long as you only expect J cabin to be a better seat.... Like Spirit's "big front seats". Nothing aspirational the rest of the experience. On all 5 flights, if "A" seat had a blanket, "B" seat would have a pillow. When asked, the crew found no spares available onboard. (they must save tens of dollars by provisioning at 50%!)

Transiting MEX and GDL we boarded and deplaned twice via buses onto remote stands, which slows things down substantially.

SFO-MEX 737 sky interior. IFE seatback screens (and power outlets) were inoperable on all the starboard side seats. Crew shrugged and said it's been this way for "quite a while". Choice of Ham & Cheese croissant or salmon spread on a bagel.

MEX-HUX-MEX: E190, snack of mixed nuts w/sunflower seeds. My wife later commented that economy class got better snacks (sealed bigger bags of peanuts).

MEX-GDL 737 sky interior with working IFE (fold-out screens from armrests). Same nuts/sunflower seeds.

GDL-SFO 737 sky interior, 2hr30min delay announced 5-10 minutes at a time. Captain got into a heated discussion with ground crew, and halted boarding with 2 bus loads of people on the tarmac. Food choices were plain chicken breast or plain pasta with mushrooms.

Had a great time during 24hrs in destination (HUX) and 27hr* layover (GDL) during return trip.

* We managed to do same day change to get onto the 2:50pm MEX-GDL versus our booked 6pm flight after we arrived on the sched 2:30pm HUX-MEX. Gate agents were very confused over our being on "V" fare but holding "I" tickets for J cabin. It took them 5-10 minutes to decide whether they were permitted to give us J or only Y cabin on the earlier flight. (we had never asked one way or the other, but ended up in J)

It seemed like 90% of the HUX flights are from Canada. All the folks we met at beaches, hotels, and restaurants were Canadian citizens on charter air/hotel packages. We joked that Canada seems to have annexed the town. Real estate price signs were listed in CDN$, and Canadian flags were at many resorts and restaurants.

Will post if anything credits to our AS Mileage accounts. Doubtful as boariding passes and barcode scans indicate only "I" fare.

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 14, 2017 at 4:02 am
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:32 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
[QUOTE=expert7700;28034377]got back yesterday from a 3day SFO-MEX-HUX-MEX-GDL-SFO routing.

Any recommendations on where to stay?

Last edited by Quinlanty; Mar 15, 2017 at 8:09 pm
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Any recommendations on where to stay?
We stayed at Holiday Inn HUX. Cheap, clean, modern (1-2yrs old), nice but small pool. They get mostly weeklong vacation package guests and even offer an all inclusive package (which you don't want!). Right on harbour, in the middle of a tourist area, 2min walk to a nice beach. We rented a car at like $8 a day from Hertz. Quick 5-10in drive to the main downtown area, grocery stores, and similar drive to the national park and other public beach areas.

PS: Quinlanty, would you mind editing your post above? no need to quote an entire long post when asking such a quick ?.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bdh
Man, if this was a pricing error they sure don't seem to be in a hurry to correct it. Just stumbled on this yesterday and was still able to get 2 tickets for $310 each for a long July 4 weekend trip.
Can you link to a sample. I'd love to head to the beach but I've been unable to purchase these tickets.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by jvquarterback
Can you link to a sample. I'd love to head to the beach but I've been unable to purchase these tickets.
Looks like the fare might have been finally "fixed." I still saw it available late yesterday, but checking dates now through the rest of the year I'm only pulling $700+ fares.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:39 pm
bdh

Originally Posted by jvquarterback
Sorry, seems dead finally. The dates I got are over 800 now and everything else I tried is 700+ as well.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:50 pm
bdh

Originally Posted by expert7700
Overall I'd say AM is fine as long as you only expect J cabin to be a better seat.... Like Spirit's "big front seats". Nothing aspirational the rest of the experience.
Well, a bit disappointing, but I guess I won't complain too much given the price. If nothing else though, if I'm reading the policies right I think since this is an international Skyteam business itinerary you get to checkout the Delta SFO lounge, which sounds nice:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...cisco-airport/
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bdh
Well, a bit disappointing, but I guess I won't complain too much given the price. If nothing else though, if I'm reading the policies right I think since this is an international Skyteam business itinerary you get to checkout the Delta SFO lounge, which sounds nice:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...cisco-airport/
You can, but Delta flies out of a different terminal than Aeromexico. The default lounge you'd use would be the Air France once in the International terminal; it's fine, but definitely a bit dated and light on services (it's basically the old Northwest WorldClub relabeled).

That said, if you have tons of time, you can certainly go through security at the Delta gates and use the Sky Club... but you'll need to convince the TSA officers you're in the right place (tell them you're there to use the Sky Club), and allow enough time to change terminals and go through security a second time after you're done.

The Sky Club at SFO is pretty nice, but it isn't nice enough that I'd go through all that hassle on this itinerary unless I was a blogger trying to review it or similar.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Just wanted to follow up...did anyone credit this to AS?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
Just wanted to follow up...did anyone credit this to AS?
I did and got a big fat nothing. Since ticket stub shows 'I class', I guess AS has no way of knowing if this was an award or not.

Also, if you have a child that is super into flying (like my 8yr old who has taken 1500 flights and done the 777/737/a380 simulators), it may not hurt to chat up the pilots when boarding the INTRA mexico segments that don't fly to or from the US. Might get them an invite to the ultimate front seat. A real birds eye view of the flight and landing!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:34 am

Anyone credited to Delta successfully?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:16 pm
bdh

Originally Posted by rrapynot
Anyone credited to Delta successfully?
It didn't credit automatically, but I had no problem once I sent Delta the boarding passes. Plus on the HUX->MEX flight AM had done an equipment change to a plane without a business cabin, so I had them rebook us for another date (didn't care about the seat since the flight was so short, but the dates worked better for us anyway). When AM rebooked they put the whole return trip in J class (original class was I), which earns 200% on Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.