Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by bdh
It didn't credit automatically, but I had no problem once I sent Delta the boarding passes. Plus on the HUX->MEX flight AM had done an equipment change to a plane without a business cabin, so I had them rebook us for another date (didn't care about the seat since the flight was so short, but the dates worked better for us anyway). When AM rebooked they put the whole return trip in J class (original class was I), which earns 200% on Delta.
I noticed the change to the single class cabin. Are you saying that that is only on certain days and there are still days with Business class on MEX-HUX? Or did you just use it as an excuse to get the dates changed and it's still in Y?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by IggySD
I noticed the change to the single class cabin. Are you saying that that is only on certain days and there are still days with Business class on MEX-HUX? Or did you just use it as an excuse to get the dates changed and it's still in Y?
I moved one of mine to keep J, and they moved me no problem. I also used it as an opportunity to force a stopover in MEX.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
I did and got a big fat nothing. Since ticket stub shows 'I class', I guess AS has no way of knowing if this was an award or not.

Also, if you have a child that is super into flying (like my 8yr old who has taken 1500 flights and done the 777/737/a380 simulators), it may not hurt to chat up the pilots when boarding the INTRA mexico segments that don't fly to or from the US. Might get them an invite to the ultimate front seat. A real birds eye view of the flight and landing!
1500? Really? That is crazy impressive. If my math is correct, that works out to 3-4 flights a week, every week, since birth.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Global321
1500? Really? That is crazy impressive. If my math is correct, that works out to 3-4 flights a week, every week, since birth.
this is child abuse
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:49 am
bdh

Programs: DL PM, UA PM
Yes, some of the dates still use planes with a J cabin for HUX-MEX (at least as of when we went). I mainly wanted the date change, but getting the J seat as well was nice.

It did take a few calls to AM before I got someone who agreed that I could change dates without a fee. Saying that this was an equipment change and I wasn't getting the J seat I'd paid for didn't make much progress, but saying this was an AM initiated "schedule change" (even though it was really just an equipment swap) seemed to be the magic words to get them to do it. Might have just been the luck (or lack thereof) of who I got when I called though.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by keitherson
this is child abuse
hmm. took him on 6 flights just the other day.

letting him fence surf with me in SXM a few days ago may have been more of a gray area parenting wise. The police officer was unimpressed.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by bdh
It didn't credit automatically, but I had no problem once I sent Delta the boarding passes. Plus on the HUX->MEX flight AM had done an equipment change to a plane without a business cabin, so I had them rebook us for another date (didn't care about the seat since the flight was so short, but the dates worked better for us anyway). When AM rebooked they put the whole return trip in J class (original class was I), which earns 200% on Delta.
How many MQMs should I expect as a Delta plat? Seems like I only netted 5k for the whole run.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by keitherson
this is child abuse
I can't tell if this is a joke or not. Who are you to tell somebody how they're supposed to parent their own children?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:05 pm
bdh

Originally Posted by GS1000
How many MQMs should I expect as a Delta plat? Seems like I only netted 5k for the whole run.
If everything booking into the I fare class, then you should get a 50% bonus on MQMs for this. Roughly 7100 miles total with the bonus.

You might want to check that they credited things correctly. On one of my legs whoever entered the leg only credited the flight as a regular economy ticket, so I had to email them back to get it fixed.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:29 pm

I booked through Orbitz. They say my choices are to just accept it or get a full refund.

Bummed because I was expecting to be able to use the lounge in Mex after a redeye SFO-MEX.

Also bummed because this trip was to just tip me over my Delta EQD requirement for the year and now I'll be short.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by rrapynot
I booked through Orbitz. They say my choices are to just accept it or get a full refund.

Bummed because I was expecting to be able to use the lounge in Mex after a redeye SFO-MEX.

Also bummed because this trip was to just tip me over my Delta EQD requirement for the year and now I'll be short.

Orbitz needs to call AM and get approval for the change you want.

Easiest thing for Orbitz to do is refund the ticket or get you to accept it, which is why they're offering that.

Once you get past that layer, AM should approve the change.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by channa
Orbitz needs to call AM and get approval for the change you want.

Easiest thing for Orbitz to do is refund the ticket or get you to accept it, which is why they're offering that.

Once you get past that layer, AM should approve the change.
They put me on hold for about 20 minutes while they called AM. They said AM's response was accept or refund. No other option.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:57 am
bdh

They put me on hold for about 20 minutes while they called AM. They said AM's response was accept or refund. No other option.
Keep trying with AM directly. I had a similar situation where I'd booked through JustFly. JustFly was useless and wanted to charge me a $200 change fee or something like that, but eventually I got someone at AM to make the change for me. If I remember, I think I was trying to do online check-in and AM's website said something to the effect of "there's a problem with your ticket, call our customer service" (I'm assuming because I'd never accepted the proposed schedule change). Then finally when I called AM the day before departure I was able to get someone to switch our return days and put us back in J. Point being AM can make the change directly, but perhaps not until within a certain window before the trip begins.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:38 am

AM still refusing to budge. They have put me in M class which they claim is "Premium Economy". I might just have to grin and bear it.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:47 pm
bdh

AM still refusing to budge. They have put me in M class which they claim is "Premium Economy". I might just have to grin and bear it.
I don't know if you saw my post from earlier in the thread, but you might want to try telling AM that this was a "schedule change". I didn't have much progress explaining that my seat class had been downgraded, but once I said the problem was AM changing the schedule that apparently queued the right page in the script/flowchart or whatever to have them make the change for me. Of course, I may have just gotten lucky with the CS rep I managed to get...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.